SIXTEEN92 Discussion Thread

Kitty2Shoes

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Dec 17, 2016
I stand corrected! Wouldn’t you know just a couple hours after I posted that, she sent an email with timing. It says:

The GOLDEN AGE (Spring 2020) fragrance collection has opened up exclusively for Circle members TODAY, and will remain up for early-access ordering through Thursday, March 5th at approximately 4pm Central Time.

The public Spring collection release will happen Friday March 6th at 10am central time. This presale release includes fragrance (perfume oils and Parfums) only, but there will be additional Spring collection products (including linen sprays and hair care) launching with the public release.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I placed an order for Bette and Marlene for the perfume. I plan to order a number in the hair oils and other linen sprays, etc... when it opens to the public. I wish the special Golden Age was available - I didn't see it listed on the website. Very happy with this set!

Juxtapozbliss

Author, Artist & Creative Director
Basenotes Plus
Nov 3, 2016
I placed an order for Bette and Marlene for the perfume. I plan to order a number in the hair oils and other linen sprays, etc... when it opens to the public. I wish the special Golden Age was available - I didn't see it listed on the website. Very happy with this set!

Very nice! Bette was also my favorite. Yes, I do not think Golden Age will ever be put on the site because it's supposed to exclusive for Circle Members.

Juxtapozbliss

Basenotes Plus
Nov 3, 2016
Ugh. I keep trying to post it and it's not posting correctly.

It's called El Cucuy.

golden mango
orange flower
ripe maracuya
dried chili
cashmeran
hazy sandalwood incense
agave flower
nopales
warm night air
a glint of sharp teeth from the shadows

Wow. That sounds really nice. I'd be tempted except I just bought a mango-focused scent.

Kitty2Shoes

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Dec 17, 2016
For those interested - THE CIRCLE OPENS APRIL 3, 2020. I found it worthwhile enough (especially with the latest batch) to resubscribe again this year.

Details & FAQs
When does registration open?

2020 reservations open Friday, April 3 at 10:00 am Central Time (3:00 pm GMT). While we aim to make as many slots available as possible, openings are limited. Once all reservations are filled, registration will close until next year.

How does it work?

Circle membership is annual, and a single registration cost signs you up for the entire year with no recurring charges. Circle members will receive a year of newly released seasonal fragrance samples delivered automatically on a quarterly schedule (as well as exclusive extras and promotions, including a unique coupon code good for 10% off ALL orders placed in the shop for the entire year).

How many items will I receive, and how often will I get them?

2020 subscription members will receive the following fragrance collection sample sets in our standard 2ml perfume oil extrait sample vials:

Summer 2020
Fall 2020
Halloween 2020
Winter 2020
Spring 2021
Each seasonal collection includes at least five fragrances, and each season will feature new, never-before-released scents (no new collection will be a reissue of last year's fragrances).

Members will also receive one exclusive 6ml fragrance crafted just for Circle members - this fragrance will be included in one of your regularly-scheduled seasonal boxes, and usually comes in either the Winter or Spring delivery. The Circle exclusive is not available to the public.

Each seasonal delivery includes a unique discount code valid on a fragrance purchase from that season's release, which will be sent to you via email prior to the release. Members will be able to place seasonal orders before collections are released to the public; private access links are typically sent out via email about a week prior to a collection's public launch.

After registration closes, each member will receive a unique discount code valid for 10% off all purchases for the entire year. This code is in addition to the season-specific promotions you will receive with your collection boxes, and can be used on any items in the shop -- not just seasonal fragrances. This discount code does not, however, apply to custom orders or for the purchase of next year's Circle membership should you choose to renew. But it applies to everything else!

Circle collections will be mailed approximately 2 - 4 weeks prior to to each collection's public release. We do our best to be mindful of extended International shipping times, so International boxes are sent first whenever possible.

For 2020 members, the first subscription set (the Summer 2020 collection) will ship in May. See below for a general release and shipment schedule. All dates listed are approximate and subject to change, as we do occasionally need to make adjustments to seasonal release dates.

Please note that Anniversary, Holiday, "Part 2" Seasonal, and special limited edition releases (such as holiday exclusives, GWPs, Friday the 13th, etc) are NOT part of The Circle, though members may use their standing discount codes or other applicable Circle discounts for these items.

How much does it cost?

Annual Circle membership costs $100 for US members, $120 for Canadian members, and $130 for International members. This amount is due at signup to cover the entire year (the cost is higher for non-US members due to higher shipping and processing fees).

Membership cost INCLUDES shipping, but please make sure that your Circle subscription is purchased separately, with no other items in your cart, in order for the correct shipping rate to be applied.

Juxtapozbliss

Basenotes Plus
Nov 3, 2016
For those interested - THE CIRCLE OPENS APRIL 3, 2020. I found it worthwhile enough (especially with the latest batch) to resubscribe again this year.

Details & FAQs
When does registration open?

2020 reservations open Friday, April 3 at 10:00 am Central Time (3:00 pm GMT). While we aim to make as many slots available as possible, openings are limited. Once all reservations are filled, registration will close until next year.

How does it work?

Circle membership is annual, and a single registration cost signs you up for the entire year with no recurring charges. Circle members will receive a year of newly released seasonal fragrance samples delivered automatically on a quarterly schedule (as well as exclusive extras and promotions, including a unique coupon code good for 10% off ALL orders placed in the shop for the entire year).

How many items will I receive, and how often will I get them?

2020 subscription members will receive the following fragrance collection sample sets in our standard 2ml perfume oil extrait sample vials:

Summer 2020
Fall 2020
Halloween 2020
Winter 2020
Spring 2021
Each seasonal collection includes at least five fragrances, and each season will feature new, never-before-released scents (no new collection will be a reissue of last year's fragrances).

Members will also receive one exclusive 6ml fragrance crafted just for Circle members - this fragrance will be included in one of your regularly-scheduled seasonal boxes, and usually comes in either the Winter or Spring delivery. The Circle exclusive is not available to the public.

Each seasonal delivery includes a unique discount code valid on a fragrance purchase from that season's release, which will be sent to you via email prior to the release. Members will be able to place seasonal orders before collections are released to the public; private access links are typically sent out via email about a week prior to a collection's public launch.

After registration closes, each member will receive a unique discount code valid for 10% off all purchases for the entire year. This code is in addition to the season-specific promotions you will receive with your collection boxes, and can be used on any items in the shop -- not just seasonal fragrances. This discount code does not, however, apply to custom orders or for the purchase of next year's Circle membership should you choose to renew. But it applies to everything else!

Circle collections will be mailed approximately 2 - 4 weeks prior to to each collection's public release. We do our best to be mindful of extended International shipping times, so International boxes are sent first whenever possible.

For 2020 members, the first subscription set (the Summer 2020 collection) will ship in May. See below for a general release and shipment schedule. All dates listed are approximate and subject to change, as we do occasionally need to make adjustments to seasonal release dates.

Please note that Anniversary, Holiday, "Part 2" Seasonal, and special limited edition releases (such as holiday exclusives, GWPs, Friday the 13th, etc) are NOT part of The Circle, though members may use their standing discount codes or other applicable Circle discounts for these items.

How much does it cost?

Annual Circle membership costs $100 for US members, $120 for Canadian members, and $130 for International members. This amount is due at signup to cover the entire year (the cost is higher for non-US members due to higher shipping and processing fees).

Membership cost INCLUDES shipping, but please make sure that your Circle subscription is purchased separately, with no other items in your cart, in order for the correct shipping rate to be applied.

Thanks for posting the details, Kitty! Looks like the cost went up $10 from last year. I found it to be a very fun program, and I quite enjoyed it.

Kitty2Shoes

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Dec 17, 2016
Wanted to update - I ordered two scented hair oils from Sixteen92: Making Spirits Bright and Twelfth Night. Both are very good hair oils....similar to a 'dry' hair oil, but just a great blend for my dry ends and it's fine to actually apply on the skin as well. I was curious how the scent would last in the hair oil and it really depends if I choose to wear my hair down or put it up in a bun all day. The scent lasts as a very light touch throughout the day and Twelfth Night was a bit more potent than Making Spirits Bright, especially the smoke scent in it (at least it has a touch of that per my nose).

I prefer Making Spirits Bright, but the scent doesn't last as long. I cannot apply it a second day or else my hair gets very flat and slick. Overall I'm happy with it as a hair oil for that purpose alone, good blend.

I also tested just spraying perfume right on my hair - I lifted up the top portion and sprayed underneath over a large area, just one spray. I found spraying my hair alone last ALL day and into the next. I think I'll stick with spraying the back of my neck/nape instead of relying on a scented hair oil. Would I buy the hair oil from Sixteen92 - absolutely! It's a great blend and worked well with my dry ends. Plus it's much cheaper than buying Kerastase.

I also got my order of Bette in the bottle and have been enjoying wearing it as well as the Golden Age. I hope they really do release The Golden Age during their next Resurrection.

Juxtapozbliss

Basenotes Plus
Nov 3, 2016
Wanted to update - I ordered two scented hair oils from Sixteen92: Making Spirits Bright and Twelfth Night. Both are very good hair oils....similar to a 'dry' hair oil, but just a great blend for my dry ends and it's fine to actually apply on the skin as well. I was curious how the scent would last in the hair oil and it really depends if I choose to wear my hair down or put it up in a bun all day. The scent lasts as a very light touch throughout the day and Twelfth Night was a bit more potent than Making Spirits Bright, especially the smoke scent in it (at least it has a touch of that per my nose).

I prefer Making Spirits Bright, but the scent doesn't last as long. I cannot apply it a second day or else my hair gets very flat and slick. Overall I'm happy with it as a hair oil for that purpose alone, good blend.

I also tested just spraying perfume right on my hair - I lifted up the top portion and sprayed underneath over a large area, just one spray. I found spraying my hair alone last ALL day and into the next. I think I'll stick with spraying the back of my neck/nape instead of relying on a scented hair oil. Would I buy the hair oil from Sixteen92 - absolutely! It's a great blend and worked well with my dry ends. Plus it's much cheaper than buying Kerastase.

I also got my order of Bette in the bottle and have been enjoying wearing it as well as the Golden Age. I hope they really do release The Golden Age during their next Resurrection.

Wonderful report... thanks for the detailed descriptions!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hazel5

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jul 25, 2016
I'm just getting around to sampling again, and I just tried Losers Club (Fall 2019). Notes are: Rain-drenched iron, distant circus lights, candy floss, a red balloon. I think I can smell all of those individual "notes" and though it's not, for me, very wearable I applaud how atmospheric the scent is, and how it evokes memories that I can't even put into words. I'm not even sure they are memories as much as feelings. I have found many of her scents similar, kind of flankers, to each other but this is unique among the scents I've tried. I'll have to go back through this thread to see what others have come up with in sampling this scent. Next up is Formula 86.

Addendum: I've read a few impressions and I'm getting a lot more of the metallic and latex vibe than anything gourmand or sweet. A bit like wet concrete evaporating in hot sun. LOL. I love sweet and gourmand scents but this is not making it for me. Maybe it's the effect of lingering allergies.

Oh and I just joined the Circle thing.

Juxtapozbliss

Basenotes Plus
Nov 3, 2016
I'm just getting around to sampling again, and I just tried Losers Club (Fall 2019). Notes are: Rain-drenched iron, distant circus lights, candy floss, a red balloon. I think I can smell all of those individual "notes" and though it's not, for me, very wearable I applaud how atmospheric the scent is, and how it evokes memories that I can't even put into words. I'm not even sure they are memories as much as feelings. I have found many of her scents similar, kind of flankers, to each other but this is unique among the scents I've tried. I'll have to go back through this thread to see what others have come up with in sampling this scent. Next up is Formula 86.

Addendum: I've read a few impressions and I'm getting a lot more of the metallic and latex vibe than anything gourmand or sweet. A bit like wet concrete evaporating in hot sun. LOL. I love sweet and gourmand scents but this is not making it for me. Maybe it's the effect of lingering allergies.

Oh and I just joined the Circle thing.

Congrats on the Circle Club! It's really fun to be part of. It's allergy season for me too...I've noticed over the past week, periodic stuffiness, especially mornings. I agree with you, Losers was an "atmospheric" one. I got the metal, too - rusty iron but also sweetness and cinnamon. Not my favorite from that batch.

Hazel5

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jul 25, 2016
Congrats on the Circle Club! It's really fun to be part of. It's allergy season for me too...I've noticed over the past week, periodic stuffiness, especially mornings. I agree with you, Losers was an "atmospheric" one. I got the metal, too - rusty iron but also sweetness and cinnamon. Not my favorite from that batch.

Re: allergies. Do you find that your sense of smell changes--is different because of allergies? I am loathe to discard any samples that I find meh (or worse) because I think maybe I will like them better once the nose clears up. The converse is true. Not sure I should purchase much that I find wonderful right now. What if I don't like it in a few months post allergy season?

Back to fragrance: Sampling We're Werewolves not Swearwolves! today. Named after a line in one of my favorite movies of all time. And a modest blind buy. It sounded right up my alley with notes of ambroxan, trampled moss, soft tonka, boozy vanilla, smashed pumpkin, black coffee, acid-washed denim, wild grey musk. I really like it partly because it's not as sweet as some of her other offerings that I've loved. Different, but still in the same goth gourmand genre/vibe. A little heavy for this beautiful warm spring day, and I suspect it'll fare better next fall/winter. I'm getting ambroxan, vanilla, pumpkin. Waiting for that acid-washed denim..... :)

Kitty2Shoes

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Dec 17, 2016
Re: allergies. Do you find that your sense of smell changes--is different because of allergies? I am loathe to discard any samples that I find meh (or worse) because I think maybe I will like them better once the nose clears up. The converse is true. Not sure I should purchase much that I find wonderful right now. What if I don't like it in a few months post allergy season?

Back to fragrance: Sampling We're Werewolves not Swearwolves! today. Named after a line in one of my favorite movies of all time. And a modest blind buy. It sounded right up my alley with notes of ambroxan, trampled moss, soft tonka, boozy vanilla, smashed pumpkin, black coffee, acid-washed denim, wild grey musk. I really like it partly because it's not as sweet as some of her other offerings that I've loved. Different, but still in the same goth gourmand genre/vibe. A little heavy for this beautiful warm spring day, and I suspect it'll fare better next fall/winter. I'm getting ambroxan, vanilla, pumpkin. Waiting for that acid-washed denim..... :)

Yes. Mine also changed during pregnancy too. Shows how much hormones play a big part in our sense of smell.

I keep samples for a while and revisit them. Right now since I'm huffing Flonase daily due to all the birch pollen I had to put my sampling and reviews on hold until this passes.

Juxtapozbliss

Basenotes Plus
Nov 3, 2016

HAHAH! That one sounds hilarious! And I like the notes too, sounds fantastic.

I usually only have fairly mild allergies. Lately, it's been hitting me every morning when I wake up but is cleared out by around 9am. I usually only sample new frags in the evening so allergies typically haven't been an issue for me with sample. When I have a cold, definitely, I feel sampling is pointless then.

Hazel5

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jul 25, 2016
Reporting back on Formula 86. At first I really enjoyed the heliotrope/vanilla which I now realize I've come to identify as a Sixteen92 accord. It seems to impart a goth vibe which I've gotten from many of Claire's offerings. Unfortunately after a while it turns into a urine smell on me. Not scrub-worthy just not pleasant. And finally it settles down into a vanilla/tonka thing. I think I'll try it again in a month or two.

And Kitty2Shoes I'm sniffing flonase also (in addition to the loratadine). It's helping. Not a cure, but certainly better!

Juxtapozbliss

Basenotes Plus
Nov 3, 2016
Reporting back on Formula 86. At first I really enjoyed the heliotrope/vanilla which I now realize I've come to identify as a Sixteen92 accord. It seems to impart a goth vibe which I've gotten from many of Claire's offerings. Unfortunately after a while it turns into a urine smell on me. Not scrub-worthy just not pleasant. And finally it settles down into a vanilla/tonka thing. I think I'll try it again in a month or two.

And Kitty2Shoes I'm sniffing flonase also (in addition to the loratadine). It's helping. Not a cure, but certainly better!

Interesting differences! I bought Formula 86 a while ago, wore it again today based on your review. Can't say I recognize anything urine-like thank goodness. I get bitter dark chocolate and bready cake in the opening. It becomes dryer and dusky as it ages. A hint of rice. Then becomes a carmelized burnt vanilla creme brulee. I also get maple syrup in the drydown but always only mildly sweet. The burnt quality keeps it from being a sugar overdose.

Kitty2Shoes

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Dec 17, 2016
From the Sixteen92 Facebook page today:

�� �� Summer 2020 arrives June 15 ! �� ��
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Five fragrances inspired by some of our, like, favorite & most excellent ’90s TV shows. ��������!
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
�� CUT. IT. OUT. // Full House // slumber party gossip, new shampoo, glitter lipgloss, ice cream floats, cream soda, chilled sugar cookies, raspberry body wash
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
�� GOOD MORNING, BAYSIDE HIGH // Saved By The Bell // sun-baked cement, rows of metal lockers, sprinklers on dry grass, towering palms, beach sand, shaved ice
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
�� it hurts to look at you // My So-Called Life // summer bonfire, petrichor, night sky, lonely manicured lawns, oil puddles in parking lots, fresh hair dye, the feel of his shirt against my elbow (premium)
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
�� MY OPINIONATION // Blossom // peach syrup, dried apricot, green fig leaf, torn notebook pages and pencil shavings, crushed velvet, and a waft of incense from your brother’s room
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
�� SICK, SAD WORLD // Daria // dry breakfast cereal, steamed milk, used bookstore, crisp newspaper, wool jacket, knee-high black boots

Juxtapozbliss

Basenotes Plus
Nov 3, 2016
From the Sixteen92 Facebook page today:

�� �� Summer 2020 arrives June 15 ! �� ��
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Five fragrances inspired by some of our, like, favorite & most excellent ’90s TV shows. ��������!
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
�� CUT. IT. OUT. // Full House // slumber party gossip, new shampoo, glitter lipgloss, ice cream floats, cream soda, chilled sugar cookies, raspberry body wash
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
�� GOOD MORNING, BAYSIDE HIGH // Saved By The Bell // sun-baked cement, rows of metal lockers, sprinklers on dry grass, towering palms, beach sand, shaved ice
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
�� it hurts to look at you // My So-Called Life // summer bonfire, petrichor, night sky, lonely manicured lawns, oil puddles in parking lots, fresh hair dye, the feel of his shirt against my elbow (premium)
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
�� MY OPINIONATION // Blossom // peach syrup, dried apricot, green fig leaf, torn notebook pages and pencil shavings, crushed velvet, and a waft of incense from your brother’s room
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
�� SICK, SAD WORLD // Daria // dry breakfast cereal, steamed milk, used bookstore, crisp newspaper, wool jacket, knee-high black boots

Thanks for sharing. So creative as usual. Daria intrigues me the most.

gtabasso

Sep 21, 2015
I am wearing My Opinionation tonight. To my nose it is dry, green peaches, fig leaf, something musky and animalic a bit like fermentation or B.O. I like it!

Hazel5

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jul 25, 2016
I got my pack of Summer 2020 releases yesterday. Today I'm enjoying Cut It Out. It's sweet alright but not cloying. There's a little citrus and berry thing going on especially in the opening which I like a lot. Despite notes of "new shampoo" and "raspberry body wash" I'm not getting too much soap. An easy to wear light fruity vanilla on me.

Juxtapozbliss

Basenotes Plus
Nov 3, 2016
I got my pack of Summer 2020 releases yesterday. Today I'm enjoying Cut It Out. It's sweet alright but not cloying. There's a little citrus and berry thing going on especially in the opening which I like a lot. Despite notes of "new shampoo" and "raspberry body wash" I'm not getting too much soap. An easy to wear light fruity vanilla on me.

Sounds delightful for summer.

Kitty2Shoes

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Dec 17, 2016
Cut It Out - This definitely has the Sixteen92 signature notes. Sweet almond notes up front and light touch of cream, almost whipping cream. Definite sugar cookie notes. Nice but reminds me of a Bath & Body works lotion, but not as uber sweet. Lasted a good 4 hours before only being the slightly tinge of a skin scent.

Good Morning Bayside High - Green and leafy opening with Zebra Stripe gum and teen deodorant. I was hoping to catch a metallic note, but sadly didn't. Definitely reminds me of Junior High scents. Barely lasted 3 hours on my skin. Dry down was not very pleasant.

I graduated from high school in 1995 so these are definitely in my genre. I was into grunge hard core and watched Daria and My So Called Life (I wanted to be Angela Chase and even dyed my hair that shade of red later on. I'm saving those for tomorrow.

Juxtapozbliss

Basenotes Plus
Nov 3, 2016
Cut It Out - This definitely has the Sixteen92 signature notes. Sweet almond notes up front and light touch of cream, almost whipping cream. Definite sugar cookie notes. Nice but reminds me of a Bath & Body works lotion, but not as uber sweet. Lasted a good 4 hours before only being the slightly tinge of a skin scent.

Good Morning Bayside High - Green and leafy opening with Zebra Stripe gum and teen deodorant. I was hoping to catch a metallic note, but sadly didn't. Definitely reminds me of Junior High scents. Barely lasted 3 hours on my skin. Dry down was not very pleasant.

I graduated from high school in 1995 so these are definitely in my genre. I was into grunge hard core and watched Daria and My So Called Life (I wanted to be Angela Chase and even dyed my hair that shade of red later on. I'm saving those for tomorrow.

Oh yes, I remember when Sub Pop records first launched before they were bought by a corporate label. I joined their singles record collection and got Mudhoney - Touch Me I'm Sick. Still a great song and to me that founded the grunge movement not Nirvana. I saw them live in college once too. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nGsT_qFMBs
Dinosaur Jr. was another favorite of mine back then.

Kitty2Shoes

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Dec 17, 2016
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

It Hurts to Look at You - definite metallic notes although not full on petrichor like I imagined. Slight smokey notes, although really in the background. There is something floral in here. Being honest here....I applied this four times between yesterday and today to try and figure out the notes or ambiance of this. It really smells like faint smokey metal and really light at that. I know this is the 'premium' perfume but this stuff doesn't last beyond 1-2 hours and my nose barely detects a thing. Disappointed with this one.

My Opinionation - I never watched Blossom so I don't have a tv show reference. Definite peachy tones and nag champa. Basically it - peach nag champa. This is one of the better of the set and actually quite nice. I'm not head over heels for it but I do like the very subtle scent of paper and fig, although it's hidden.

Juxtapozbliss

Basenotes Plus
Nov 3, 2016
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

It Hurts to Look at You - definite metallic notes although not full on petrichor like I imagined. Slight smokey notes, although really in the background. There is something floral in here. Being honest here....I applied this four times between yesterday and today to try and figure out the notes or ambiance of this. It really smells like faint smokey metal and really light at that. I know this is the 'premium' perfume but this stuff doesn't last beyond 1-2 hours and my nose barely detects a thing. Disappointed with this one.

My Opinionation - I never watched Blossom so I don't have a tv show reference. Definite peachy tones and nag champa. Basically it - peach nag champa. This is one of the better of the set and actually quite nice. I'm not head over heels for it but I do like the very subtle scent of paper and fig, although it's hidden.

Thanks for the thoughtful reviews. It seems like occasionally some of her scents are just too soft for me. I have also found that the parfum versions have stronger silage than the oil versions, and since her standard samples are oils...it's not always the best way to test. At least for my nose.

Kitty2Shoes

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Dec 17, 2016
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

Sick, Sad World - We have a winner! Reminds me of a few Hilde Solani perfumes concepts as it's very few notes blended well together. Definitely longer lasting than the others in this collection and according to my kids 'mom you smell really good!'. Definite lignin notes of old books which is a nice pairing with the steamed milk (a la latte). Not sure which breakfast cereal is featured, but more of a generic bread/wheaten character with sugar. Worth a purchase. Honestly the only one I really really liked in the entire set.

Overall I enjoyed this concept/theme and perhaps Sixteen92 might consider grunge as a theme at some point in the future.

Juxtapozbliss

Basenotes Plus
Nov 3, 2016
Sick, Sad World - We have a winner! Reminds me of a few Hilde Solani perfumes concepts as it's very few notes blended well together. Definitely longer lasting than the others in this collection and according to my kids 'mom you smell really good!'. Definite lignin notes of old books which is a nice pairing with the steamed milk (a la latte). Not sure which breakfast cereal is featured, but more of a generic bread/wheaten character with sugar. Worth a purchase. Honestly the only one I really really liked in the entire set.

Overall I enjoyed this concept/theme and perhaps Sixteen92 might consider grunge as a theme at some point in the future.

This one sounds right up my alley!

Hazel5

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jul 25, 2016
I'm in Good Morning Bayside High today for the synch. Claire Baxter's creations are so atmospheric that I usually have to just sit with them for a while in a cloud of memory. They always tickle something familiar though I often cannot put my finger on what that is! Definitely art. Sometimes wearable, sometimes not, but always worth a sample purchase and a good trial wearing.

Notes are sun-baked cement, rows of metal lockers, sprinklers on dry grass, towering palms, beach sand, shaved ice. Yep.

Kitty2Shoes

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Dec 17, 2016
So I followed a very heated exchange between the owners of Sixteen92 and many of their Facebook followers and I honestly don't know how I feel about the company and their ethos at this moment. Some of their Facebook fans work in law enforcement or have family in law enforcement and Sixteen92 encouraged comments of hate towards those people. This went back and forth for a bit and after some time either the company deleted comments from fans in professions they were opposed to, or the people themselves did. I watched it unfold over the course of the day and I was really put off by whoever runs their social media account. Various commentators openly stated they would contact people's employers and ensure they are fired and Sixteen92 supported these actions on their feed.

After a few hours all these comments were either deleted or removed I guess as damage control, but honestly a company encouraging its followers to dox and sent hate messages to others really left me with a sour stomach. People who had family members who are in law enforcement were told they could (excuse my language here) 'fuck off and die' and Sixteen92 said if anyone supported any police officers they don't want them as customers.

I decided late last night I had enough of following the drama. I unliked their Facebook page and called it an evening. Considering I have several extended family members who work in law enforcement (military, corrections, federal, K-9 squad) their message was clear - they didn't want business from people like me. I understand this is a heated issue right now, but in just my opinion for what it's worth - not much apparently - they did a huge faux pas and probably alienated a huge portion of their fan base and potential future customers.

I don't know if this is just inexperienced business messaging on their part; they didn't handle it in the best way possible.

Last edited:

Okumichi

Jul 2, 2020
Has anyone received their resurrection order? I ordered Black Tourmaline along with The Raven, I reached out to them for clarification if it had been bottled or not as they weren't using the (B) marker for the earlier batches and and they never got back to me (was maybe a week or two ago).

Juxtapozbliss

Basenotes Plus
Nov 3, 2016
Has anyone received their resurrection order? I ordered Black Tourmaline along with The Raven, I reached out to them for clarification if it had been bottled or not as they weren't using the (B) marker for the earlier batches and and they never got back to me (was maybe a week or two ago).

Keep us posted Okumichi. I didn't place an order this time around.

Latest News