Fixed Site not sending emails

Grant

Basenotes Founder
Basenotes Plus
Sep 29, 2000
The site is currently not sending emails.

This will affect:

• Being emailed notifcations you have set up for threads/forums
  • registration confirmation emails being set out
I'm working on this asap

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.

Grant

Basenotes Founder
Basenotes Plus
Sep 29, 2000
  • Admin
Okay we're not.

I've had to set up a transactional email provider, and they are limiting emails until the account has been verified.

SHould be good in a day or so, sorry!

Grant

Basenotes Founder
Basenotes Plus
Sep 29, 2000
  • Admin
Judging by the million Basenotes emails thay just turned up in my inbox I think this is fixed now.

Massive apologies for anyone getting a bunch at once.

Juxtapozbliss

Author, Artist & Creative Director
Basenotes Plus
Nov 3, 2016
Grant, I did get a slew of emails today, however, I'm disappointed in the content! The old system included the actual content of the post that was added to a thread that I'm following. I would actually read the post in my email...and based on that decide if I wanted to go to the site and respond or not. All of these emails just say that a post was added to a thread I follow and who posted it. This is honestly useless to me. If the content can't be added to the emails, then I'll unfollow all the threads because the emails would be a waste of time. I'm not going to click through every time just to see what was said on the thread.

Grant

Basenotes Founder
Basenotes Plus
Sep 29, 2000
  • Admin
The old system included the actual content of the post that was added to a thread that I'm following. I would actually read the post in my email...and based on that decide if I wanted to go to the site and respond or not. All of these emails just say that a post was added to a thread I follow and who posted it. This is honestly useless to me. If the content can't be added to the emails, then I'll unfollow all the threads because the emails would be a waste of time. I'm not going to click through every time just to see what was said on the thread.

Yep, I didn't realise this until I got all the emails too. I've found the tick box that says, send all the entire message, so any further ones should be more useful

RedRaider430

You smell good! 😄
Basenotes Plus
Dec 18, 2011
Thank you for fixing that, Grant! I got 14 emails today (all of them about me earning some badge), and I was wondering what was going on.

I also got someone's response to my private message sent to me this morning in my email, and his complete message was there!

strifeknot

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Mar 28, 2008
Thank you for fixing that, Grant! I got 14 emails today (all of them about me earning some badge), and I was wondering what was going on.

I also got someone's response to my private message sent to me this morning in my email, and his complete message was there!
You can select what kind of emails you get under settings > email options. I have less important things like badge notifications disabled.

naylor

Oct 24, 2011
I am also not getting email notifications about new conversation messages, although I have that option checked in the preferences.
Same here. I didn't get notified yesterday for a conversation message, as well as two badges earned. On Friday, emails were working fine.

Grant

Basenotes Founder
Basenotes Plus
Sep 29, 2000
Yep, top of my to-do list today. Expect not to here from me until I've got it sorted 😭

Latest News