Single Malt by Kilian

U

Understatesman

I remember someone here hinted at this at last year. Supposed to be an exclusive for Harrod's. From the name alone, I'm already looking forward to it ... even a possible blind buy.

Does anyone know anything new, a timeline, etc?

chocolateguy

Basenotes Dependent
Dec 2, 2005
I tried it this Christmas in London. To tell the truth, I quite like it, but don't love it. The perfume itself has a very good staying power, but the sillage is weak. It doesn't smell like perfume, but really like ( of course ) an alcohol drink. At first, I thought that Single Malt didn't smell like whisky. It was very boozy, but the scent on my skin is warm and a little sweet. It gave me the feeling of rum more than whisky. Single Malt is a linear scent. It doesn't change much on my skin.

Poohdini

Basenotes Dependent
May 6, 2014
have not tried this one yet, but from your description sounds like I will love it. Love boozy scents, gotta check it out now.

U

Understatesman

I tried it this Christmas in London. To tell the truth, I quite like it, but don't love it. The perfume itself has a very good staying power, but the sillage is weak. It doesn't smell like perfume, but really like ( of course ) an alcohol drink. At first, I thought that Single Malt didn't smell like whisky. It was very boozy, but the scent on my skin is warm and a little sweet. It gave me the feeling of rum more than whisky. Single Malt is a linear scent. It doesn't change much on my skin.

Sounds good to me! I like boozy and heavy notes. Intoxicated is my favorite Killian scent, and it doesn't change much from the opening so I don't mind a linear scent. I emailed Kilian yesterday and woke up to a response saying they expect it will be available in the spring. They also went ahead and put me on "the list" whatever that means... Hopefully it means free stuff, samples, etc.

(One cool thing about the Kilian bottles being refillable is that I can just slip in some Mugler Pure Malt if and when I'm ever done with it...)

How were you able to try it, if you don't mind? Is it available somewhere there?

CapriDog

Basenotes Institution
Mar 1, 2012

Thanks for the report, Chocolateguy!

U

Understatesman

Haven't come upon this yet around my area, but would look forward to trying it.

Unfortunately it's supposed to be an exclusive for Harrods and only available at their store in London.

hedonist222

Basenotes Institution
Sep 13, 2010
I smelled this very briefly today.

Reminded me a bit of the oak wood note from Chene (but very subtle).

Typically Kilian's polished upscale style.

Stache

Basenotes Dependent
Feb 17, 2015
I smelled this very briefly today.

Reminded me a bit of the oak wood note from Chene (but very subtle).

Typically Kilian's polished upscale style.

Can you add any more to your description? Comparisons to Pure Malt, maybe Replica Jazz Club or Chambre Noire? Now that I'm free of the clutches of wanting to blind-buy Herod, my attention is zeroing in on Single Malt. As a blind buy purchase, of course... So I gotta use what little there is out there to help sway/deny me.

Anyone else get their nose on this yet?

NeoXerxes

Basenotes Dependent
Jun 27, 2014
Can you add any more to your description? Comparisons to Pure Malt, maybe Replica Jazz Club or Chambre Noire? Now that I'm free of the clutches of wanting to blind-buy Herod, my attention is zeroing in on Single Malt. As a blind buy purchase, of course... So I gotta use what little there is out there to help sway/deny me.

Anyone else get their nose on this yet?

It's nice, but only for cold weather. It has a very distinctive apple and brandy note, so what you see is what you get, basically. I prefer other boozy scents, but this one is nice.

Calvin

Apr 7, 2015
If, as chocolateguy reports, this is more of a rum driven scent than a whiskey scent, that comports with Pure Malt, where I find the boozy note to be rum-spiked eggnog.

Latest News

Whatever your taste in perfume, we've got you covered...

catalogue your collection, keep track of your perfume wish-list, log your daily fragrance wears, review your latest finds, seek out long-lost scented loves, keep track of the latest perfume news, find your new favourite fragrance, and discuss perfume with like-minded people from all over the world...