Simple TWO CHEMICAL SCENT based on Ambroxan by Kao

santeripe

Basenotes Member
Nov 28, 2021
Helvetolide + ambroxan, this combo was the birth of Aventus according to Jean-Christophe Herault in that Creed exposé book. Pure helvetolide on skin smells almost identical to bergamot + ambergris by the way, try it out if you have the naturals!

pavomi

Basenotes Junkie
Sep 3, 2016
maybe sea weed abs is interesting too in combination with ambrox. i will give it a try when i'm back in the lab.

rococo

Jan 1, 2010
an orris ingredient like Ionone alpha (or Orris Givco if you don’t think that’s cheating). Glossier’s “You” fragrance is basically this and it is lovely

Casper_grassy

Basenotes Dependent
May 5, 2020
I only use Cetalox at this point, but I have two options Dewfruit base from Quest (or whoever makes it now, I forgot), there’s something about Dewfruit I find so sexy and mixed with Cetalox I can wear that as an entire fragrance and Shangralide, preferably a large dose, it’s a killer in the winter

-db-

Jun 3, 2011
I only use Cetalox at this point, but I have two options Dewfruit base from Quest (or whoever makes it now, I forgot), there’s something about Dewfruit I find so sexy and mixed with Cetalox I can wear that as an entire fragrance and Shangralide, preferably a large dose, it’s a killer in the winter

I would've bet good money that you were gonna write exaltolide

-db-

Jun 3, 2011
here's a crazy thought.... and this violates my original proposition becasue I said chemical.... and it is obviously crazy because it is amber on amber.... but what about ambroxan +ambranum? might the ambranum perfectly warm that hollow middle in the ambroxan (between the metallic and the oceanic)?

parker25mv

Basenotes Dependent
Oct 12, 2016
but what about ambroxan +ambranum? might the ambranum perfectly warm that hollow middle in the ambroxan (between the metallic and the oceanic)?
Well, here is my take on that. If we go to the Firmenich site, their page for "Ambranum", they say "Amber notes from Labdanum and Olibanum are uniquely associated."
We don't know exactly what's in Ambranum, but it's fair to say it probably contains a lot of synthetics, since it is described as "cost effective", and they state that some of the ingredients are captives.
Now, from research I have looked into, the Ambroxan note is definitely in natural labdanum. The question is, is real labdanum actually in the Ambranum base? Did they try to recreate some of its smell effect with synthetics? And if so, did they actually use any Ambroxan in the base?

I would be really curious what exactly is in the Ambranum base. I want to assume one of the ingredients is the captive Mystikal, to give a frankincense-like incense effect, but Mystikal is a Givaudan captive, so that makes me inclined to believe this is unlikely.

Yuri-G

Basenotes Junkie
Sep 13, 2020
I have tried a couple of things.

Exaltone for a sexy 'aura' type scent.
Alpha irone for a beautiful dry orris scent.
Cedroxyde for a dry woody kind of scent.

Latest News

Whatever your taste in perfume, we've got you covered...

catalogue your collection, keep track of your perfume wish-list, log your daily fragrance wears, review your latest finds, seek out long-lost scented loves, keep track of the latest perfume news, find your new favourite fragrance, and discuss perfume with like-minded people from all over the world...