Signature length

Grant

Basenotes Founder
Staff member
Basenotes Plus
Sep 29, 2000
There is supposed to be a setting in the forum software to stop signature lengths being so long, but it no longer appears to be working. Some of the signatures here take up more than one screen on my laptop.

So, I have edited the code to adjust this. You can now have signatures as long as you like, but only the top 150 pixels will show. This won't effect 99% of members as most are under this length. Longer sigs are now scrollable so you can scroll the sig-box and view the rest of it.

Thanks

IsoESuperman

People of Zee Wurl, Relax
Basenotes Plus
Dec 30, 2015
Thanks Grant! That is good thinking. It can be annoying to scroll through a thread where a frequent poster has insisted on using size 48 font in their signature. A 1st world problem to be sure, but hey, it's appreciated.

epapsiou

Always be smelling
Basenotes Plus
Sep 28, 2015
I am with Iso-e-superman here. I would even say that 150px is too big. 100px is way better. 100px is at least 4-5 lines in normal font.

Grant

Basenotes Founder
Staff member
Basenotes Plus
Sep 29, 2000
  • Admin
I am with Iso-e-superman here. I would even say that 150px is too big. 100px is way better. 100px is at least 4-5 lines in normal font.

Just had a look to see the size, it's actually 165. It's bigger than I would like, but I know a lot of people put a top-ten list in there, and thats just enough pixels to do one.

I'm tempted to shrink it by a couple of pixels each week...

epapsiou

Always be smelling
Basenotes Plus
Sep 28, 2015
Just had a look to see the size, it's actually 165. It's bigger than I would like, but I know a lot of people put a top-ten list in there, and thats just enough pixels to do one.

I'm tempted to shrink it by a couple of pixels each week...

might I suggest

overflow:auto; for .signaturecontainer instead of scroll

Staff online

Latest News