Shining in the heat, today!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ifti

Aug 5, 2016
Well from yesterday, Dunhill for Men.
Exceptional!
Can take a real dousing and still not be overwhelmed.

Aside i was thinking, perhaps that's why the 'classics' are so. Were they from an era when there wasnt the idea of season centric frags. And thus they just seem to work in hot and cold? Just riffing freestylee :)

I found I've gone back to these recently.

JON RODGERS

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Dec 5, 2007
Basking in the magnificence :coolold:

dJ2Awpo.jpg

TRBeck

May 27, 2008
Well from yesterday, Dunhill for Men.
Exceptional!
Can take a real dousing and still not be overwhelmed.

Aside i was thinking, perhaps that's why the 'classics' are so. Were they from an era when there wasnt the idea of season centric frags. And thus they just seem to work in hot and cold? Just riffing freestylee :)

I found I've gone back to these recently.

I definitely think there’s truth in this. I’ve been thinking the same thing during recent wearings of Azzaro PH, Guerlain Vetiver, and Old Spice. They work so well all the time without being flat or lowest common denominator. They have hung around for a reason.

ImaFedec

Sep 12, 2019
It is hot today! Decided to keep on using up samples.
This was a perfect time for Un Air de Bretagne by l'Artisan Parfumeur. I'd say it is ideal for the very warm sunny weathers. I find it nice, but not bottle worthy for me (just because I am not into marines scents and live in a area where it is not often so warm). Surprisingly, my fiancée reacts very positively to it.

Edit: But I have to say, do not like these salty drydown. It just smells like seaweed :/

Last edited:

The Fuzz

Dec 6, 2011
Menthe Fraiche is the best warm weather fragrance of all time. Can't get enough of it in this California heat.

rum

Basenotes Plus
Mar 17, 2011
Yesterday, Creed Royal Mayfair
Today, Creed Viking

I recently discovered how well Royal Mayfair works in the heat, I may give my sample a quick wearing later on. It also holds well in high humidity.

Not so sure about Viking (orig) though. I suspect the dry down could work well. I'm really digging Viking Cologne in the heat. Very suited to the season I must say.

Brian5701

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
May 28, 2009
Yesterday I wore Mefisto Gentiluomo for the first time on a warmer day and it really shined. I feel the heat increased its performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News