Sensual musk fruitish fig composition

ScentAle

Basenotes Junkie
Oct 26, 2021
Hello all. I just created this. Very pleasable with similar vibe of Sine Die.
It's an unisex, sensual fruity musky perfume, with green juicy fig and generic pleasable fruity. Hope can like.

Hedione: 400
Hedione HC: 100
Grapefruit: 20
Methyl Pamplemousse: 30
Bergamot: 30
Bergamot terpenes: 10
Dihydromyrcenol: 20
Laevo citronellol: 10
Linalool: 10
Nerolin Bromelia: 10
Oranger crystals: 10
Pink pepper: 30
Linalyl acetate: 10
Manzanate: 2
Ethyl acetoacetate: 30
Cassis base 345B: 20
Fructone: 20
C14: 10
C16: 20
C18: 10
Stemone: 10
Fig accord: 40
Nectarate: 6
Melonal: 5
Delta damascone: 2
Beta damascone: 5
DMBC butyrate: 10
Undecavertol: 10
Raspberry ketone: 20
Anisaldehyde: 20
Cashmeran: 10
Coumarin: 10
Guaiac heart: 20
Alpha terpineol: 10
Geraniol: 20
Geranyl acetate: 10
Galaxolide: 200
Ethylene brassylate: 40
Exaltolide: 40
Musk ketone: 20
Zenolide: 60
Ambrettolide: 30

Last edited:

Stevenat

Mar 25, 2022
Looks interesting! Just out of curiosity, what happens to the performance of this composition if you omit the C16, C18, and raspberry ketone? I understand this is likely to completely alter the scent characteristics of the fragrance, but I'm really just talking about performance: power, radiance, projection, etc. I think it would be a very interesting experiment!

ScentAle

Basenotes Junkie
Oct 26, 2021
Looks interesting! Just out of curiosity, what happens to the performance of this composition if you omit the C16, C18, and raspberry ketone? I understand this is likely to completely alter the scent characteristics of the fragrance, but I'm really just talking about performance: power, radiance, projection, etc. I think it would be a very interesting experiment!
C16 and C18 create a more pleasable cremosity in fruity, and seems to enlarge that sweet radiance. I think that Raspberry ketone contribute also to expand juicy effect. Without, maybe become too dry.

Mar 3, 2022
Also a curiosity, if i may. By omitting those material, the ppt no longer add to 1000. Is the usual practice allocate the missing part to another material, or just use the total part as is? Thanks beforehand.

ourmess

Basenotes Junkie
Apr 25, 2018
"Parts" are a meaningless abstraction; only percentage matters. Formulating to 1000 total parts is customary simply because it gives you an easy at-a-glance view of percentages without needing to do any math.

Stevenat

Mar 25, 2022
"Parts" are a meaningless abstraction; only percentage matters. Formulating to 1000 total parts is customary simply because it gives you an easy at-a-glance view of percentages without needing to do any math.
Percentages & ppts are equally meaningless abstractions & the only thing that substantively matters is the relative mass ratio of each material in the composition to each of the others. In this regard, the question above about how to adjust the composition when you omit one or more materials is actually a substantive one.

Mar 3, 2022
What i am trying to ask is the omitted material, of course will change the scent flow, because it starts at 1000 and now it is not. So what is the usual thing to do if this is the case? ScentAle said "C16 and C18 create a more pleasable cremosity in fruity, and seems to enlarge that sweet radiance". So do i calculate and put the missing part to another material inside the formula that support 'Cremosity', 'Fruity', 'Sweet Radiance'? Again, really sorry if my question is incomprehensible. I don't know how to word it better haha

Stevenat

Mar 25, 2022
What i am trying to ask is the omitted material, of course will change the scent flow, because it starts at 1000 and now it is not. So what is the usual thing to do if this is the case? ScentAle said "C16 and C18 create a more pleasable cremosity in fruity, and seems to enlarge that sweet radiance". So do i divide the missing part to another material inside the formula that support 'Cremosity', 'Fruity', 'Sweet Radiance'. Again, really sorry if this is something i shouldn't ask
This is a very good question. If the goal is to understand as clearly as possible what effect the omitted material(s) is/are having in the composition, then they should not be replaced by increasing the dose of some other material(s) in the formula that are of medium or high impact. This is bcs if you do that, then you have no way to know whether the difference in effects/performance between the two versions of the formula is due to the omission of material(s) or due to the increase in remaining material(s). What you can do if you want to keep all of the percents/ppts of formula identical, while still adding up to 100/1000 is to replace the omitted material(s) with an increase in a lower-impact material that is already present at relatively large dose. While this does change the ratio of that material to everything else, since it is already present at a large dose, if you increase it a little bit to make up for omission of something present at a relatively low dose, it doesn't change those ratios very much. And importantly, the ratios between all of the other materials in formula are completely unchanged. Alternatively, you can just leave everything remaining completely unchanged & use the percents/ppts to assemble the formula as usual even tho they don't add up to 100/1000.

ourmess

Basenotes Junkie
Apr 25, 2018
is the relative mass ratio of each material in the composition to each of the others
So...the percentages? :ROFLMAO:

I freely admit I misread the original question though, heh. Kneejerk response before processing, I guess. So...oops! Sorry!

If you're trying to do a straight-up head to head test of "formulation A" vs "formulation A except I've removed a bunch of things", then yeah, fill in the "empty space" with additional diluent to ensure that the relative ratios of the remaining materials stay consistent.

Mar 3, 2022
This is a very good question. If the goal is to understand as clearly as possible what effect the omitted material(s) is/are having in the composition, then they should not be replaced by increasing the dose of some other material(s) in the formula that are of medium or high impact. This is bcs if you do that, then you have no way to know whether the difference in effects/performance between the two versions of the formula is due to the omission of material(s) or due to the increase in remaining material(s). What you can do if you want to keep all of the percents/ppts of formula identical, while still adding up to 100/1000 is to replace the omitted material(s) with an increase in a lower-impact material that is already present at relatively large dose. While this does change the ratio of that material to everything else, since it is already present at a large dose, if you increase it a little bit to make up for omission of something present at a relatively low dose, it doesn't change those ratios very much. And importantly, the ratios between all of the other materials in formula are completely unchanged. Alternatively, you can just leave everything remaining completely unchanged & use the percents/ppts to assemble the formula as usual even tho they don't add up to 100/1000.
Ah, okay I understand now. Many thanks for the insight.

NarcisoM

Nov 25, 2019
Thanks for this, I´ll try it. Curious already to see how C16 and C18 work together. I have the idea C16 is extremely powerful, so it will be interesting how behaves and how much outstands in this fromula.

Estuaire

Basenotes Member
Feb 23, 2022
Hello all. I just created this. Very pleasable with similar vibe of Sine Die.
It's an unisex, sensual fruity musky perfume, with green juicy fig and generic pleasable fruity. Hope can like.

Hedione: 400
Hedione HC: 100
Grapefruit: 20
Methyl Pamplemousse: 30
Bergamot: 30
Bergamot terpenes: 10
Dihydromyrcenol: 20
Laevo citronellol: 10
Linalool: 10
Nerolin Bromelia: 10
Oranger crystals: 10
Pink pepper: 30
Linalyl acetate: 10
Manzanate: 2
Ethyl acetoacetate: 30
Cassis base 345B: 20
Fructone: 20
C14: 10
C16: 20
C18: 10
Stemone: 10
Fig accord: 40
Nectarate: 6
Melonal: 5
Delta damascone: 2
Beta damascone: 5
DMBC butyrate: 10
Undecavertol: 10
Raspberry ketone: 20
Anisaldehyde: 20
Cashmeran: 10
Coumarin: 10
Guaiac heart: 20
Alpha terpineol: 10
Geraniol: 20
Geranyl acetate: 10
Galaxolide: 200
Ethylene brassylate: 40
Exaltolide: 40
Musk ketone: 20
Zenolide: 60
Ambrettolide: 30
What is your fig accord?

Pomacanthus

Sep 10, 2013
Wondering how this might turn out if you replaced musk ketone (20) with 20% natural deer musk?
Im so nose spoiled on real musk Ive never found a synthetic that compared.
Consider Im a newbie so just curious here.

pkiler

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Dec 5, 2007
Wondering how this might turn out if you replaced musk ketone (20) with 20% natural deer musk?
You must run through a lot of money for Deer Musk...

ScentAle

Basenotes Junkie
Oct 26, 2021
Unluckyness I never tried the real deer musk, also of near my city there is Abdul that sell, but oooh cost so much!

Latest News

Whatever your taste in perfume, we've got you covered...

catalogue your collection, keep track of your perfume wish-list, log your daily fragrance wears, review your latest finds, seek out long-lost scented loves, keep track of the latest perfume news, find your new favourite fragrance, and discuss perfume with like-minded people from all over the world...