Scenting Yourself For Thanksgiving.

Pippin06

always learning--often laughing
Feb 8, 2017
What fragrance will you choose to wear to Thanksgiving dinner this year?

Are you choosing a scent that you know and love, or are you making an effort to wear a more “holiday-ish” scent?
Heritage edt by Guerlain--for the symbolic meaning (to the first Thanksgiving) and because I find it to such a perfect autumn fragrance.

kosui no kaori

Basenotes Dependent
Sep 14, 2022
Heritage edt by Guerlain--for the symbolic meaning (to the first Thanksgiving) and because I find it to such a perfect autumn fragrance.

That’s a wonderful pick! It really is nice for this season.

I was considering Ambre Narguile if I went towards a holiday-type scent, but I’m not sure if I want to go that route. Maybe for Christmas.

Pippin06

Feb 8, 2017
I will probably wear Aramis. It was my father's signature and I always remember him around this holiday. He was a doctor and actually used forceps and surgical needles to suture up the turkey.... Heritage is a great choice, though!
My father figure --my mother's former boyfriend when I was growing up wore aramis exclusively year around. I wear it Christmas Eve and Christmas Day--and always fondly think of Dean--who introduced aramis to my mother--who introduced it to me.

kosui no kaori

Basenotes Dependent
Sep 14, 2022
I'm going with a Hermessence as well: Brin de Reglisse. Light, airy, and diffusive.

I’ve been meaning to compare - well, not compare, since I believe you said they were almost a timeline - the Brin de Reglisse with the Jicky and Caron Pour un Homme. I’d had a rough start with the Jicky.

But light, airy and diffusive sounds perfect for a gathering.

Jan 20, 2019
["__________" ]was the classiest ["_______"] I ever knew, and was so ["_________"] when [they] didn't have to be. Miss [them] so much, but [their] influence will be with me forever--as will the wonderful memories--

Pippin, your posts have sparked a deep dive into memory banks for images of being around 'ol timers in my 'youngin' days. Appreciate it!

To honor their memories, I'm narrowing a Thanksgiving wear down to something I would have recalled smelling at family Thanksgivings:

1.) Ralph Lauren Chaps (vintage)
2.) Avon Wild Country (vintage)

Leanin' towards #1...

Kosui - Great idea for a thread

Pippin06

Feb 8, 2017
Pippin, your posts have sparked a deep dive into memory banks for images of being around 'ol timers in my 'youngin' days. Appreciate it!

To honor their memories, I'm narrowing a Thanksgiving wear down to something I would have recalled smelling at family Thanksgivings:

Leanin' towards #1...

Ah--Ralph Lauren Chaps! Had a bottle of this in the late 70s and loved it.

kosui no kaori

Basenotes Dependent
Sep 14, 2022

Leanin' towards #1...

This is such a sweet sentiment 🙂 What a wonderful idea for choosing a fragrance - scents that you remember from past Thanksgivings. I love this.

And thank you so much for your kind words!

Scent Detective

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Dec 15, 2015
I'll be wearing Homesteader's Cologne Water by D.S. & Durga on Thanksgiving Day. The strong sage note fits right in the kitchen when I'm rubbing down the turkey with butter, fresh sage, rosemary, and thyme.

HCW smells very herbal and woodsy and matches my memories of Thanksgiving, family and a wonderful meal together, spent thinking about all those we love and how grateful we are for every one of them.

FOXHOUND

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jan 14, 2022
That's a good question that I've actually given some thought to in the last week. My wife and i will be going over to my mother-in law's house for thanksgiving, along with my wife's brother and his wife & 3 kids. So you figure there will be at least 8 people in a home with a small living room & kitchen/dining room area. The reason I was giving some thought to it is because I didn't want to wear anything too strong (such as Tom Ford Black Orchid EDP or Parfum) with all of us being in such close proximity to each other, but something I would still enjoy wearing (Maybe Pasha De Cartier Parfum or the Limited Edition Parfum, Dior Homme Intense, or Dolce & Gabbana The One EDP). I'm thinking maybe one of those because I both enjoy the scent and it won't be too over bearing either as they don't project too much but still smell great.

Scent Detective

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Dec 15, 2015
That's a good question that I've actually given some thought to in the last week. My wife and i will be going over to my mother-in law's house for thanksgiving, along with my wife's brother and his wife & 3 kids. So you figure there will be at least 8 people in a home with a small living room & kitchen/dining room area. The reason I was giving some thought to it is because I didn't want to wear anything too strong (such as Tom Ford Black Orchid EDP or Parfum) with all of us being in such close proximity to each other, but something I would still enjoy wearing (Maybe Pasha De Cartier Parfum or the Limited Edition Parfum, Dior Homme Intense, or Dolce & Gabbana The One EDP). I'm thinking maybe one of those because I both enjoy the scent and it won't be too over bearing either as they don't project too much but still smell great.
Good thoughts here...better to not overpower the smells of the dinner which everyone is there to smell and taste, eh?

kosui no kaori

Basenotes Dependent
Sep 14, 2022
I'll be wearing Homesteader's Cologne Water by D.S. & Durga on Thanksgiving Day. The strong sage note fits right in the kitchen when I'm rubbing down the turkey with butter, fresh sage, rosemary, and thyme.

HCW smells very herbal and woodsy and matches my memories of Thanksgiving, family and a wonderful meal together, spent thinking about all those we love and how grateful we are for every one of them.

Reading this was lovely!

kosui no kaori

Basenotes Dependent
Sep 14, 2022

This is very, very thoughtful of you.

I remember sitting down to a meal once at a dinner party, and the woman next to me smelled great, but had sprayed with such a heavy hand that it started mingling with the smell of my food, and it was just a really uncomfortable experience. In a more positive light, I learned from that dinner, and always remember to use a light touch when I’m wearing a scent to a dinner or any occasion that revolves around food.

_Nicolas_

Aug 16, 2021
The edp.

Hmmmm, I didn’t even consider the edt!

Ugh, no wonder you're struggling with it! 😆 Try the EDT, it seemed fleeting to me at first but a generous application of the stuff yields really interesting results, I get random wafts popping up in the air during the day, mainly tuberose and iris but also cedarwood and the notes are really distinct to my nose!

Latest News

Whatever your taste in perfume, we've got you covered...

catalogue your collection, keep track of your perfume wish-list, log your daily fragrance wears, review your latest finds, seek out long-lost scented loves, keep track of the latest perfume news, find your new favourite fragrance, and discuss perfume with like-minded people from all over the world...