Scent for a concert (as performer)

the_good_life

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jun 2, 2006
So I'm appearing tonight with my band at a festival. The genre is punk indie rock. I'm the lead singer.
What fragrance shall I wear? The options are limited up here, most of my perfumes are back home and I do not want anything citric or light:

Desprez Versailles pour homme
Malle Musc Ravageur
Creed Baie de Genièvre
SL Ambre Sultan
SL Vetyver Oriental
Caron Parfum Sacré

Last edited:

mcjra

Feb 28, 2008
Ambre Sultan once again!

I think this would be the most appropriate scent for a concert!

What kind of concert is it? What instrument do you play?

scentsitivity

Jan 17, 2007
Let me explain why I picked Baie de Genièvre. On my skin, the opening is very unusual to me in that the top notes seem to oscillate, largely between juniper and cinnamon leaves I believe and sometimes they even feel like they collide. It feels like music (hectic music) on the skin. At least that is how I have felt.

the_good_life

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jun 2, 2006
Thanks for your input. I've gone for the sex option. Musc Ravageur. Now I'm a ravaging sexpunk :D

Matthew

Nov 7, 2008
How was the concert?!
Did the front row swoon when they smelled you?

Does you band have a website?

Sorry for all the questions - I hope everything went swimmingly!

Regards,

Matthew

the_good_life

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jun 2, 2006
We blew them away. It was an excellent gig, perhaps thanks to MR I was in the mood for wild stage antics. I must have lost 5 kilos and I really need to start working out - we played for an hour and I was seriously exhausted. Had too much beer afterwards, too. The whole concert was taped, we'll be uploading some of that when we get a copy.

This is our myspace site:
www.myspace.com/wearehybrid
There's some footage on there from a gig back in 2005.

zztopp

Apr 2, 2006
What a surprise - an academic who's also a rock star! From your wardrobe I would have gone with No.88 or Ambre Canelle.

thebeck

Mar 25, 2007
I have a friend who plays harmonica in a blues band. One day he asked what I was wearing and thought it would be perfect for when he performs. It was Aromatic Lime by Montale.

Latest News