Scammer Alert and General marketplace advice UPDATE

Status
Not open for further replies.

AZsmells

Basenotes Dependent
Jul 11, 2004
Rating - 100%
507   0   0
The sales board here is becoming dangerous. I lost 120 dollars, wich is a very high amount to me.
There are a lot of problems happening. Maybe we need to review the politcs. Maybe the sales thread should be approved by a moderator, or something.

There are rules in place but sometimes I'm too trusting. This is $165.

stuigi

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Sep 3, 2004
Rating - 100%
681   0   0
The marketplace (and Basenotes in general) has more users and therefore more problems. The percentage of such problems is less than in previous years due to enforcement of policies. Recently several members executed multiple scams so it appeared to be a bigger overall problem than it actually was in terms of the number of scammers.

kbe

Fellow Soujurner
Basenotes Plus
Nov 12, 2006
Rating - 100%
135   0   0
A hard nosed as it may sound it is good sense for new and established Basenoter buyers to negotiate to receive frags before sending money/frags to new and untested sellers/traders. After all, if new Basenotes have not yet established a good track record, and the buyer does, who would be most trusted by a non-involved outside party in such transactions? Why wouldn't the less tested seller/trader agree to those terms if they are legit? It won't stop all scams but will definitely cut down their number.

Renaissance_Man

Basenotes Dependent
Feb 26, 2006
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
I am now getting multiple reports of Parkxi scamming. I will give him a chance to respond before any further action is taken, but buyer beware!

stuigi my PM's aren't going through. I have some info for you. I understand it could be the site too but PM is acting as if your mailbox is full?

Last edited:

vortex

Basenotes Member
Jul 29, 2012
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
If anyone wants to do a PayPal claim, and needs some help PM me

- - - Updated - - -

If anyone wants to do a PayPal claim, and needs some help PM me

I forgot to mention that I've had to do many claims as a buyer and a seller, over the years (since PayPal started) so I know how they operate and know a few tricks that will help.

andrewhurst

May 16, 2011
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I have contacted back with Stuigi. I had well over 160 messages within an 8 hour period. The people that have paid for their products have been taken care of and will be shipped out tomorrow. My problem was people not reading what had been posted and inquired about fragrances that had been sold previously and had been removed off of the list and they failed to check the list out. Inquired, re-inquired, inquired to why I had not replied back. All while it had been sold. I have a high reputation on Facebook for anyone that has dealt with me there.. I'm not hard to find.. my username is my real name and the same goes on Facebook. Everything had been sold, but 5 which i'm deciding to keep. I hope this alleviates any confusion that has occurred. Thank you.

hedonist222

Basenotes Institution
Sep 13, 2010
Rating - 97.8%
90   2   0
I have contacted back with Stuigi. I had well over 160 messages within an 8 hour period. The people that have paid for their products have been taken care of and will be shipped out tomorrow. My problem was people not reading what had been posted and inquired about fragrances that had been sold previously and had been removed off of the list and they failed to check the list out. Inquired, re-inquired, inquired to why I had not replied back. All while it had been sold. I have a high reputation on Facebook for anyone that has dealt with me there.. I'm not hard to find.. my username is my real name and the same goes on Facebook. Everything had been sold, but 5 which i'm deciding to keep. I hope this alleviates any confusion that has occurred. Thank you.

Very gentleman of you sir.

Thanks for clarifying.

stuigi

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Sep 3, 2004
Rating - 100%
681   0   0
BERANIUM CHOTATO (Brian Chambers), despite being on the site several times as recently as 7 hours ago, has not responded to several members nor myself regarding his failure to deliver over the past few months despite being paid.

Note: This post was imported from the Huddler forum software, and may have missing images or strange formatting. More info here.

Adama

Sep 16, 2008
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I received my shipment from Dylan today.

Note: This post was imported from the Huddler forum software, and may have missing images or strange formatting. More info here.

Jan 19, 2008
Rating - 100%
298   0   0
I would suggest doing business with people that have some great references or can provide them if they don't have feedback.

bigsteve

Basenotes Dependent
Oct 13, 2012
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
I received my shipment from Dylan today.

I have another friend here who got his swaps back from Dylan (d_squared), but only after he threatened Dylan with mail fraud charges.

Dylan was definitely a punk trying to hose people here.

bluelit8

Basenotes Member
Aug 31, 2007
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I have been trying to get my things back from Dylan for weeks now. Any advice would be appreciated.

bluelit8

Basenotes Member
Aug 31, 2007
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
An update on the "resolution" to the situation -- after multiple messages and contacts with the local police departments, I got my things back -- minus a generous helping from two of the bottles that he apparently kept for himself. The police, interestingly, said that the address he uses (389 Sitton Rd in Calhoun, Ga.) doesn't exist.

However it happened, be on guard. This kid is absolutely without any moral compass whatsoever. Avoid him at all costs.

Adama

Sep 16, 2008
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I'm curious, Bluelit, which bottles he didn't return, just in case they're the ones he sent back to me.

bigsteve

Basenotes Dependent
Oct 13, 2012
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
I'm curious, Bluelit, which bottles he didn't return, just in case they're the ones he sent back to me.

Bro, as I understand it from a pm Bluelit sent me, Dylan returned all 3 bottles..... but a couple of them had quite a bit less juice in them than when Blue shipped 'em. Apparently Dylan decanted a healthy portion for himself to keep.

A true oxygen thief. :evil:

chili_willi

Basenotes Dependent
Feb 9, 2012
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Discussions like this one make me sad. I really wish they could prosecute.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News