Bug Safari Logging Out under iOS

PStoller

I’m not old, I’m vintage.
Basenotes Plus
Aug 1, 2019
Under iOS 14.8, Safari occasionally (at least once per day, and more than once today) logs me out of BN, even though whenever I sign in, I check the "stay logged in" box. I also keep multiple windows/tabs open for BN, and when I log in to one window, I may still get logged out of another, so I have to sign in two or more time to stay on in all my tabs.

I have not experienced this problem under Chrome, and I'm not currently using any other mobile browser. I have also not experienced this in Safari on my desktop, though it is an old version: 10.1.2 under Mac OS X Yosemite 10.10.5.

Ideally, having selected "stay logged in," BN would not log me out unless I shut down my phone. This is how it works with Chrome for iOS—if I quit the app, I'm logged back in "automagically" when I relaunch it.

Perhaps related to this, every time (and on each tab) that I log back in, I get the BN ad to "get the best of Basenotes delivered to your inbox for free." This makes sense for non-members, but I should think even they really only need to be invited once. I appreciate the offer, but I said "No, thanks." Please let that be the end of it.

Upvote 0

Grant

Basenotes Founder
Basenotes Plus
Sep 29, 2000
Sounds like a cookie issue.

In the settings for safari, is there a setting about cookies being blocked?

PStoller

Basenotes Plus
Aug 1, 2019
Sounds like a cookie issue.

In the settings for safari, is there a setting about cookies being blocked?

But I love cookies!

“Block All Cookies” is disabled, as is the NeverAds content blocker.

I’ll clear the cookies for BN and see if that resolves it.

NOTE: After quitting Safari, clearing the BN data, and relaunching, I had to log in to my two open BN tabs individually. Not all that shocking, but let’s see how the next day or so goes.

PStoller

Basenotes Plus
Aug 1, 2019
Follow up: I made it from 2AM yesterday to 6:30PM today, but then I got logged out again, and logging back in still triggers the BN inbox ad. So, better, but deleting cookies hasn’t really fixed it.

Grant

Basenotes Founder
Basenotes Plus
Sep 29, 2000
I can't seem to replicate it this unfortunately - is anyone else having this?

Latest News