Room Scent of the Day for July 2022

Looters-delight

incredibly conscientious!
Basenotes Plus
Dec 1, 2020
This hot summer is forcing me - as a premiere - to use a home fragrance.

GOUTAL - UN AIR D'HADRIEN

full

rogalal

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jan 2, 2009
Yesterday, I was burning the Allen candle by retaW.
Screen Shot 2022-07-01 at 12.02.46 PM.png
retaW is a Japanese perfume and apothecary brand. I mostly bought this candle because my real life name is Allen and this is the first Allen candle I've come across. It's mostly tuberose, mixed with a big slug of indoles and tobacco. I actually enjoy the smell of indoles, that weird, woody "bad breath" funk, and I like what it does to balance the tuberose, which I can find loud and abrasive on its own. The tobacco cleverly highlights the parchment paper undertones of the indoles. I can't imagine re-buying this when I use it up, but it's been fun to get to know.

rogalal

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jan 2, 2009
Today, I'm burning Le Labo's Calone 17 candle.
Screen Shot 2022-07-03 at 3.12.57 PM.png
This came in a set, and it's not one I'd have purchased on its own. It's got a 90's green aquatic note (often sold as "seaweed" or "kelp") paired up with overly sweet, artificial citrus. It smells like there's a bit of ambrox in there as well, and that's about it.

Calone itself is such an odd chemical - as it's not a topnote, it doesn't really smell like anything for the first hour or two it's worn, just sort of eggy and nondescript until it finally warms up and ends up smelling like warm, salty herbs after an hour or two. So putting it in a candle, where the heat from the flames releases only the topnotes, is weird. Chemistry aside, I'd forgive all that if this smelled better, but there's an inherent dated cheapness to this smell that doesn't work for me at all.

CuddleCat

It smells so good in here
Basenotes Plus
Aug 20, 2009
Been mostly using the diffusers and burning some incense so far this month.

I'm burning a Simply "Amber" incense stick from Buckley and Phillips Aromatics this morning.

hednic

Basenotes Institution
Oct 25, 2007
Today the house is being scented with "Delphes" by Astier De Villatte

Last edited:

Latest News

Whatever your taste in perfume, we've got you covered...

catalogue your collection, keep track of your perfume wish-list, log your daily fragrance wears, review your latest finds, seek out long-lost scented loves, keep track of the latest perfume news, find your new favourite fragrance, and discuss perfume with like-minded people from all over the world...