Oct 24, 2011
That sounds beatifully luxurious.
luxury-john-mulaney.gif

Trilby Lark

Sillage Monster
Basenotes Plus
Feb 17, 2013
Candle scent of the afternoon: Mountain Teakwood

I like it but I think I'll avoid any "teakwood" scents in the future. They're too overpowering for me. I already gave away Mahogany Teakwood to my son. It smells great in his open space floor plan. Not so much in my old fashioned house that has rooms.

Trilby Lark

Sillage Monster
Basenotes Plus
Feb 17, 2013
Clean house of B&BW candles, it was an abysmal season. I'm hoping to getting into some other similar brands.

Abysmal year? That's too bad. I wouldn't know having never smelled a B&BW candle until November 2021. I used to LOVE the Illuminations candle store before it went out of business years ago. Then I moved on to Voluspa, Trapp, Nest, Diptyque and Jo Malone candles. I like B&BW because they have great throw, come with lids, and are sold at a very good price point. But I, too, will be exploring other brands. I'm sure we'll have some great discussions about our discoveries here on the Home Fragrance Forum.

Trilby Lark

Sillage Monster
Basenotes Plus
Feb 17, 2013
I'm hoping to getting into some other similar brands.

I just discovered a new-to-me candle house - Crossroads Candle Company out of Ohio. They have the usual riffs on popular candle scents and their 2022 new releases look interesting: Avocado & Sea Salt, Dandelion & Sweet Grass, Strawberry Shortcake, and Strawberry Lemonade. Their candle sizes range all the way up to 64 and 96 oz.! I don't quite understand how they can be so large. I like their candle jar aesthetics: black lids and black lettering on a clear jar that lets the wax color show through. Simple, yet elegant.

N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer

Retired
Basenotes Plus
Jul 1, 2011
Abysmal year? That's too bad. I wouldn't know having never smelled a B&BW candle until November 2021. I used to LOVE the Illuminations candle store before it went out of business years ago. Then I moved on to Voluspa, Trapp, Nest, Diptyque and Jo Malone candles. I like B&BW because they have great throw, come with lids, and are sold at a very good price point. But I, too, will be exploring other brands. I'm sure we'll have some great discussions about our discoveries here on the Home Fragrance Forum.
I just discovered a new-to-me candle house - Crossroads Candle Company out of Ohio. They have the usual riffs on popular candle scents and their 2022 new releases look interesting: Avocado & Sea Salt, Dandelion & Sweet Grass, Strawberry Shortcake, and Strawberry Lemonade. Their candle sizes range all the way up to 64 and 96 oz.! I don't quite understand how they can be so large. I like their candle jar aesthetics: black lids and black lettering on a clear jar that lets the wax color show through. Simple, yet elegant.
Good ideas. First priority is to deplete enough my stash, I got some ways to go.

naylor

Basenotes Institution
Oct 24, 2011
Anything with the word Smoke in its name is likely to appeal to me.

I saved the glass candle jar from my Costes candle. Today I burned a votive in it and, wow, did the flame look amazing through the red/purplish glass.
That sounds awesome! And, yes, anything with smoke is generally right in my wheelhouse as well.

Trilby Lark

Sillage Monster
Basenotes Plus
Feb 17, 2013
My scent of the evening is B&BW Flannel. I got the one packaged in the dark blue ribbed bottle (no visible label). It's a very sophisticated presentation, not typical of the brand. The plain candle jar looks nice in the filigree pedestal candle holder.

N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer

Retired
Basenotes Plus
Jul 1, 2011
My scent of the evening is B&BW Flannel. I got the one packaged in the dark blue ribbed bottle (no visible label). It's a very sophisticated presentation, not typical of the brand. The plain candle jar looks nice in the filigree pedestal candle holder.
I saw this one up on the B&BW website yesterday, a bit surprised. It was going for $12.75 which is a good price. This one works well for the spring and summer months.

Latest News