Room 1015 - Anyone sampled this house?

imm0rtelle

Apr 2, 2021
Both Dr. Mike and his older brother, Brice, really channels that rock and roll look, which really meshes with Room 1015's aesthetics. They're also Hedi fans as I see they're a fan of some of his Saint Laurent pieces like belts, jackets, and shoes.

Satisfy_Brice-232-683x1024.jpg

20_05_19_Portrait_Brice_0094-crop.jpg

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

imm0rtelle

Apr 2, 2021
First thing I put on, after scrubbing off that headache inducing Sauvage Elixir, was Sweet Leaf. I wanted some relief from the pain, and I couldn't think of a better analgesic than a cannabis fragrance. The minty green herbaceous opening just puts my mind at ease.

imm0rtelle

Apr 2, 2021
It has been over 40 hours and my t-shirt with Yesterday sprayed on still radiates with the drydown from around half a meter away from me. It is quite fresh with a slight sweet shaving cream without being overbearing. Definitely leans youthful. I also enjoy this from opening to drydown so another one that I'm confident that I'm adding to my wardrobe. This is a similar experience I had with Electric Wood. From opening to drydown, they all seem to be composed with care. With a few exceptions, the line leans mainstream designer, but it is a bit better executed and very wearable. It allows me to blend in with the crowd, but also smell slightly better than everyone else. As much as I love Hedi's fragrances, sometimes they lean a bit too beautiful and elegant. It is a lot easier to pull off Room 1015 fragrances when dressed more rock and roll and grungy. I'm grateful that both styles exist. I think almost every fragrance in Room 1015 is full of Iso E Super that is detectable when you smell too closely. But I'm glad I don't detect the woody aromachemical that is in a lot of new releases (Explorer, Authentic Man, Sauvage Elixir) which gives me a literal headache. Initially a part of me had FOMO for not enjoying that new trendy aromachemical, but after thoroughly enjoying Room 1015, I wouldn't want to wear anything else in this mainstream designer genre.

imm0rtelle

Apr 2, 2021
After narrowing down my favourites from my first round of sampling (Atramental, Electric Wood, Yesterday, and Sweet Leaf), I'm going to revisit the ones that didn't immediately appeal to me. Testing Blomma Cult on test strip and the opening is just dazzling. One of the most unique openings that I have smelled before. As the "oriental" and earthy facets come out, it really gives off this boho chic vibe.

On the right girl, I think Blomma Cult can smell very sexy.

8991325195_67e91851b5_c.jpg

Document-Journal_Source-Cult_2.jpg

f002890bbe4f6be2ab82ec37dd9d7943.jpg

c712f562e04c7439260493ddd28a90df.jpg

aa12388e8323530ca37a287c6c0eb070.jpg

a4146489ca0b7c5b526e23daa121f158.jpg

There is something dramatic and not as down-to-earth as you would expect from this fragrance. Smells stylish and posh, despite looking boho chic. These girls definitely have their full make up done and are ready for the camera.

imm0rtelle

Apr 2, 2021
I was gutted that I didn't immediately like Ten Fifteen, and my opinion remains unchanged during my second round of testing. The creamy sweet vanilla facets is just something I don't like. It doesn't fit the imagery that the brand says it is inspired by, but I quite like the actual feeling that the fragrance gives me. I want to revisit Loewe 001 Man and Zadig & Voltaire This is Him.

15876404_694026267423220_8678272886638641152_n1.jp  g

I'm considering adding a less polished and elegant Dior Homme style fragrance into my wardrobe.

imm0rtelle

Apr 2, 2021
Going to spray Ten Fifteen on skin again just to really give it a chance. The opening has this nice sweet citrus (mandarin). The overall sweetness isn't bad. It is quite airy, slightly fruity, and syrupy. There is almost this caramel smell to this scent..."burnt sugar". There is almost a texture to the sugary smell, almost like it is granulated. There is also this floral quality to it, most likely hedione like in Odeur 53, and the saffron gives it a subtle leathery touch. There might even be a pinch of salt present. I'm really feeling this is more similar to Baccarat Rouge 540 than to Dior Homme now. I've only smelled Baccarat Rouge 540 briefly on test strip through a mask, so I'm not 100% sure. I don't feel like I had a good sniff from the test strip that day.

I get a feeling that the ostentatiousness aspects of Ten Fifteen is something that might attract the male lead in this Taylor Swift music video:

reeve-carney-taylor-swift-zoom-knew-you-were-trouble-799193891.jpg

article-2247868-16816076000005DC-25_634x286.jpg

a88086ba45e8368f8afc711c8662a1c1.500x267x1.jpg

He likes to wear something a bit different. He's androgynous and isn't afraid of wearing a slightly feminine leaning flamboyant fragrance. He's anything but down-to-earth, and has a flair for the dramatics. He likes the modern molecule approach to fragrances and wants to smell slightly mysterious, alluring and sexy. I like the image Ten Fifteen paints in my mind, but it isn't a love at first sniff.

tumblr_n6ifsrWRcO1rly3p1o2_1280.jpg

As the sweetness from the opening recedes into the background, the leathery/rubbery, and woody facets start becoming the star players. Feels a lot more edgier and masculine. Reminds me of facets of Atramental and Electric Wood. They all sort of start their journey in different places but all end up in a similar destination that is overdosed with Iso E Super and Ambroxan.

The sugary sweet + floral combination is something that makes Ten Fifteen lean feminine to my nose. Maybe the more I wear it, the more I can reset those associations I have with this accord and learn to love Ten Fifteen.

I can really imagine a lot of people loving the drydown of Ten Fifteen. It is slightly salty, and your-skin-but-better. I just can't handle that sweetness + floral combination.

Last edited:

imm0rtelle

Apr 2, 2021
Electric Wood really fits that guy above way better. Very nice literal match. It is probably my favourite fragrance from the entire line. I heard a term used to describe music genres that is a perfect representation for this brand. Room 1015 is alt-stream which is short for alternative mainstream. Their fragrances are a little edgy but still mass pleasing. Electric Wood is very addicting to me, I'm so glad that I took to plunge to give this brand a chance. There were some fragrances that I didn't know I was missing in my life until I sampled them.

imm0rtelle

Apr 2, 2021
Yesterday is probably the most purely pleasant smell from the line, and I absolutely love it. Nothing edgy or gritty about it. I'm 100% sure I will be buying a full bottle as soon as I'm done with my sample.

I'll have to really wear my samples of Electric Wood, Atramental, and Sweet Leaf to figure out whether they all deserve a place in my wardrobe. I'll want at least one from this list since I want to add an edgier/grittier fragrance to my collection. Ordering the sample pack from Room 1015 was the smartest thing for me to do. I didn't even consider trying Yesterday or Sweet Leaf initially, so I was very pleasantly surprised.

imm0rtelle

Apr 2, 2021
These reviews on Electric Wood are interesting:

I smelled it out of the spray bottle before my test spritz and I thought it smelled very masculine but I would describe it after actually sprayed on skin as a woody feminine or just sexy warm unisex perfume. I like it a lot a lot more than I thought I would. Description and name are entirely acurate to what the scent transports you to. I smell each and every note described except the iris but, thats a hard smell to not upstage imo (well in my noses opinion). Theres something weirdly familar about it. It smells how I imagine the witches store smells like in the movie The Craft when the girls first discover it. Very sensual and Pagan. I am excited to give this one a whirl during this Virgo season.

Smells like 90’s grunge and Regret.

Woodsy & very 90's scented.

It transformed me to my younger years.. barefoot in the forest.

1431617104_neve-campbell-robin-tunney-robin-true-zoom.jpg

002%2BFairuza%2BBalk%2Bas%2BNancy%2BDowns.jpg

lirioshopthecraft.jpg

I can imagine the dusty and powdery facets in Electric Wood fitting that witch shop. There is something very fitting with the whole 90's gritty darker grunge aesthetic, without necessarily being a "dark" fragrance. Atramental is more of a "dark" fragrance with the ink and the animalic notes. I think there is a slight "raw" feeling with Electric Wood that matches that "unfinished" 90s look.

��Witchy & Gothic��
The fragrance of Room 1015’s Electric Wood smells not only woody (of oak wood) but of burning leaves and incense with a subtle sweet & feminine twist. This scent makes me think of what Peter Steele from Type O Negative would envision his fantasy woman smelling like (Black No. 1). The only downside to this perfume is that it doesn’t seem to last very long.

There is something sensual in Electric Wood for sure.

d65dde3f8c1aace869e8687f7da1bc2c.jpg

b37fcb6335a9df6268357de723d831ea.jpg

Last edited:

imm0rtelle

Apr 2, 2021
I had a very good first impression of Sweet Leaf, however the more I wear my sample, the less and less impressed I become. The entire fragrance is still quite nice, and nothing feels annoying to me. However, it doesn't really spark joy as much either. I'm trying to relive that initial excitement I had for it. It is much better than the ones I don't like from the line (Blomma Cult, Hollyrose, Tenfifteen, and Cherry Punk), but good enough isn't good enough for me. I love Electric Wood, and Yesterday a lot more than Sweet Leaf, but I don't want to give up on it yet.

Perhaps I need to re-frame what Sweet Leaf means. It is basically the "citrus" cologne fragrance in the line that fits into the rock and roll aesthetic of the brand. The more I wear it, the cannabis accord feels less and less like cannabis. I really hone into the whole menthol freshness that reminds me of Vicks. Leans more fresh, clean, and uplifting. There is a little bit of the earthiness that pops in. It does make me feel quite relaxed. It feels "flat" when it dries down and becomes mostly earthy with freshness lingering in the background.

imm0rtelle

Apr 2, 2021
Now I suspect the reason why I'm not really being impressed by Sweet Leaf is because I'm easily anosmic to this type of "molecule" fragrance when I spray it on my clavicles. I'm experimenting with spraying it behind my ear to avoid being too easily overwhelmed. Perhaps this will change my opinion of this fragrance. I read a lot of people feeling like it doesn't last, and even I thought about treating this fragrance as an Eau de Cologne. It doesn't make sense for modern perfumery to not last, so it is more likely that many just become anosmic to it.

Being much farther away from my nose, I'm really no longer getting that very strong of a Vicks feeling. It just smells fresh and mentholated with a bit of the cannabis accord peeking in.The overall balance of the scent feels much better than my experience when I sprayed on my clavicles.

I can maybe detect traces of it after 7-8 hours. I can imagine it good for hot weather days. Days I would want to wear something fresh, green, slightly edgy, but not intrusive. The mentholated facets would probably feel quite cooling when it is hot. Overall I really like the brand's aesthetic, so I feel compelled to add Sweet Leaf to my wardrobe. Might be Room 1015's version of the idea of Dior Homme Cologne 2013 by making it a mentholated cannabis fragrance.

imm0rtelle

Apr 2, 2021
I recently watched an interview with Michel Almairac's son on Persolaise's channel, and he said how his dad's Gucci Pour Homme (2003) and Bentley For Men Absolute is the exact same fragrance. I've never smelled Gucci Pour Homme (2003), but I got curious and tested Bentley For Men Absolute and it also reminded me of facets of Electric Wood. They both share similar woody, resinous, spicy, and powdery facets. Electric Wood is a bit more elegant and youthful, while Bentley For Men Absolute is a bit of an "older man". I'm not into "oud", so I'm glad I don't detect it in Electric Wood. The more Bentley For Men Absolute dries down the more oppressive of a feeling I get. Electric Wood is definitely my preferred fragrance for this "style".

During the interview, one thing stood out to me when Benjamin explains how a physical store really gives a tangible idea of what the brand represents since it is harder to convey the aesthetic of the brand through scent alone to the general population.

parle-moi-de-parfum-boutique-a.jpg

You look at Le Labo's store and immediately understand what the brand's aesthetic is and what approach they're going for.

le-labo_featured.jpg

You go into Celine's store and again same idea.

CELINE_SAINTHONORE_SLIDESHOW1.jpg

CELINE_SAINTHONORE_SLIDESHOW5.jpg

I wonder how the concept for a store for Room 1015 should look like. Would it look more rustic like Le Labo? Would it look more upscale luxe like Celine? Maybe it will be something in-between those two extremes. I feel so grateful that I was able to stumble upon this brand. There are so many brands nowadays and fragrances nowadays that finding something I love feel like trying to find a needle in a haystack.

imm0rtelle

Apr 2, 2021
After spending some more time with the samples, it seems like I've narrowed it down to Electric Wood, and Atramental. Sweet Leaf, and Yesterday are good, but good enough isn't actually good enough for my wardrobe.

The freshness in Atramental is breath-taking for me. I could see someone dressed similar to Marilyn Manson smelling like it.

1633404050656.png

ce1fe4d25d8552d9aad79c684d1e15f3.jpg

There is a serious feeling to it, but it doesn't smell heavy or dated. Just feels perfect for someone who dresses in all black.

Oct 7, 2021
I have tried Sweet leaf but that is the only one so far. Once you get past the opening, its quickly revealed that the cannabis note is just a clever combination of thyme and patchouli. The thyme fades relatively quickly and you are left with what is essentially just a dark - but not dirty - patchouli. It's simple and fairly one-note, but I like it. I usually get good performance as long as I spray the back of my neck and the inside of my elbows. I gave up on clavicle and chest sprays on most scents nowadays to avoid anosmia.

Your post makes me want to try Atramental. I also want to try their Cherry Punk. Where did you get your samples? Getting them from the 1015 website is not ideal for me because shipping from the UK to the US can be ridiculous, often doubling the cost of your samples.

imm0rtelle

Apr 2, 2021
I have tried Sweet leaf but that is the only one so far. Once you get past the opening, its quickly revealed that the cannabis note is just a clever combination of thyme and patchouli. The thyme fades relatively quickly and you are left with what is essentially just a dark - but not dirty - patchouli. It's simple and fairly one-note, but I like it. I usually get good performance as long as I spray the back of my neck and the inside of my elbows. I gave up on clavicle and chest sprays on most scents nowadays to avoid anosmia.

Your post makes me want to try Atramental. I also want to try their Cherry Punk. Where did you get your samples? Getting them from the 1015 website is not ideal for me because shipping from the UK to the US can be ridiculous, often doubling the cost of your samples.
Yeah I have also shifted to spraying the crook of my elbow. I ended up biting the bullet and ordering the sample pack from their website just because Electric Wood was such a pleasant surprise for me.

hednic

Oct 25, 2007
Getting them from the 1015 website is not ideal for me because shipping from the UK to the US can be ridiculous, often doubling the cost of your samples.
You can get individual samples from Jovoy in Paris for 2,50 € or from First in Fragrance in Germany for 4,00 €. I never buy samples, only new bottles from them, so I don't know what those two places would charge for the shipping but it might be less expensive than from the UK.

Latest News