Roja Parfume Amber Extrait

michaeldelius

Nov 7, 2014
Well vanilla, coacoa, and bergamote are some of my favorite notes, as well as amber, so I might just have to order this :x

rollzst

Basenotes Dependent
Mar 12, 2012
I have tried this. It's a nice safe ambe but nothing reall stuck out about it to me. Amber Aoud is a masterpiece though and just bought a 100ml bottle of that.

hednic

Basenotes Institution
Oct 25, 2007
I have also tried it and it is very nice indeed as are so many other of his offerings which I have had the pleasure of trying.

bigbloke

Basenotes Dependent
Aug 17, 2013
I have tried this. It's a nice safe ambe but nothing reall stuck out about it to me. Amber Aoud is a masterpiece though and just bought a 100ml bottle of that.

Similar thoughts here. The Extrait disappointed me overall. The drydown is nice but getting there takes a while and it's a rather boring journey. Longevity is excellent, it really does last for ages. Not for me though.

Brajoe

Feb 14, 2015
I just tried for the first time today and I'm not sure why but I had a strong feeling it would smell similar to a fragrance any hobbier would know and the fragrance is...a lighter version of Nasamoto's Pardon. In my opinion, Pardon blows Roja Amber away and I find it BS if we think no synthetic ingredients are used in Roja's concoctions. The 30ml Nasamoto Pardon, which will last a lifetime, can be purchased for $150 - $160 on Amazon and the Roja Amber Extrait 50ml $395 plus tax at Neiman Marcus, etc high end designer store. I'm extremely disappointed, I was hoping my smell thoughts would not manifest and this is not the first time this happened. How does anyone else feel about my opinion? Thanks
One more thing, Nasamoto never listed patchouli as a note in Pardon and I find it very hard to believe, it reeks of patchouli and both of these fragrances reek of patchouli but at least Roja has it listed as a note.

Hix

Jan 2, 2015
Amber Extrait and Amber Aoud are on my list to purchase before Fall this year. Amber Extrait is an incredible performer, and Amber Aoud is a special frag for special days.

NeoXerxes

Basenotes Dependent
Jun 27, 2014
Amber Extrait and Amber Aoud are on my list to purchase before Fall this year. Amber Extrait is an incredible performer, and Amber Aoud is a special frag for special days.

They are both great choices. Amber Extrait has a wonderfully tantalizing opening (it literally makes me salivate, the chocolate is so realistic), but overall my favorite between the two is Amber Oud. Mixing a smooth oud with many other fresh notes and birch smoke makes it a showstopper. They are very different though, so owning both wouldn't be redundant.

HackerX

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Oct 21, 2004
Count me in as a fan of Amber Extrait. I'm usually not a fan of amber-based fragrances because a lot of them are too sweet, but this one actually took me by surprise. It is simply one of the most dry and resinous amber fragrances I've tried, it's so resinous that it almost reminds of actual amber resins. The dark chocolate is fantastic also, gives it a truffle kind of feel but doesn't really veer it into the gourmand territory, and it's not overly sweet. For true amber lovers this is a must.

So far in the Extrait line, the Vetiver and Amber have become somewhat of reference fragrances in their respective genre. Gonna test the Bergamot Extrait very shortly to see if this one falls into the reference material category.

A+

seekritdude

Basenotes Dependent
Jun 17, 2012
I just tried for the first time today and I'm not sure why but I had a strong feeling it would smell similar to a fragrance any hobbier would know and the fragrance is...a lighter version of Nasamoto's Pardon. In my opinion, Pardon blows Roja Amber away and I find it BS if we think no synthetic ingredients are used in Roja's concoctions. The 30ml Nasamoto Pardon, which will last a lifetime, can be purchased for $150 - $160 on Amazon and the Roja Amber Extrait 50ml $395 plus tax at Neiman Marcus, etc high end designer store. I'm extremely disappointed, I was hoping my smell thoughts would not manifest and this is not the first time this happened. How does anyone else feel about my opinion? Thanks
One more thing, Nasamoto never listed patchouli as a note in Pardon and I find it very hard to believe, it reeks of patchouli and both of these fragrances reek of patchouli but at least Roja has it listed as a note.

Havnt heard this pardon comparison before. Does anyone else get this? Pardon is completely lost on me, but I was thinking of getting a sample of this roja dove one in the near future. But if its similar to pardon I think ill pass.

rollzst

Basenotes Dependent
Mar 12, 2012
There are better ambers out there for the price I have realised. My favourite being amber oud by killian.

I am not so keen on the synthetic sandalwood in the Roja, it almost smells a little plasticky in the dry down. For the price he really should have used authentic mysore.

Last edited:

Brajoe

Feb 14, 2015
I posted to see how others felt about the fragrance because Amber us not even listed in Pardon and neither is patchouli but that's what I smell as well as many others I know who smelled Pardon. Many people tell me Pardon is a very weird scent and that's what I thought the first time I applied the fragrance and I put it away and brought it back later this past winter and I actually enjoyed the composition. I'm telling you, go ahead and sniff Roja Dove Amber and see what you think. For all the money shoved out on it, you can save over $200 buying Keiko Meicheri Les Zazous, a unique Amber composition and in my opinion the quality is as good as Roja ingredients. I just wanted to see what other may think and feel about Amber vs Pardon, I feel Amber smells like a lighter version.

seekritdude

Basenotes Dependent
Jun 17, 2012
Tried this one out recently, super disappointed. I think this fragrance would appeal to people that like LIDGE, DHI stuff like that.. Super dry, makes me want to put in some eye drops or drink some water. Like someone took a chalk board eraser and just started smashing 2 of them together in your face with some coco dust in the area...

Funny I will say just because pardon was mentioned.. I dont think pardon smells anything like lidge, but ive seen them compared before. And in this thread now pardon was mentioned.. well again this doesnt smell like pardon to me, but I can totally see if you like LIDGE you might like this. Same vibe for me, old, dusty, dry. Anyway I guess it smells better than lidge ill give it that but ya pretty bummed about this one, I was hoping I would like it.

Latest News