Roja Dove vs Creed

Profcool

Jun 14, 2015
I own a good number of full bottles of both and even more decants so I have a very good feel for what both houses offer. Both have amazing scents. Creed GIT and MI especially and Roja Burlington, Enigma, O, PDLN 2 & 3. I think Rojas fresh scents are on par with Creeds fresh scents, but Roja does richer and deeper far far better and his scents have much more interesting developments to them.

Ken_Russell

Jan 21, 2006
Even subjectively speaking could simply not settle on one definitive answer, not only because both houses have a fair share of masterpieces or enjoyable scents compared to their total output since day one-though objectively speaking both are top notch in terms of quality, ingredients, notes.
But also due to the fact that both target highly diverse customer types and also considering that the customers of both houses rather tend to have often evolving, more complex tastes that might swing back and forth into temporarily favoring one house over the other.

dogtoe

Aug 5, 2016
This question is about like asking who is the best composer between Mozart and Beethoven. The houses have different styles. I have 5 Creeds and 9 Rojas. There’s one more Roja I have my eye on and none in Creed. I’d put Roja ahead of Creed except Creed has Royal Mayfair which I love. Creed is a more original house, but Roja’s quality is spectacular. It’s a coin toss; both houses offer a lot.

StylinLA

Aug 9, 2009
This question is about like asking who is the best composer between Mozart and Beethoven. The houses have different styles. I have 5 Creeds and 9 Rojas. There’s one more Roja I have my eye on and none in Creed. I’d put Roja ahead of Creed except Creed has Royal Mayfair which I love. Creed is a more original house, but Roja’s quality is spectacular. It’s a coin toss; both houses offer a lot.

Yes, it's an odd sort of query. Always reminds me of those childhood conversations about "my dad can take your dad in a fight."

They are both pricey and make scents that some people like, some people don't and some people think are too expensive to consider.

I've pretty much got all the Creeds I like right now. With a lottery hit, I'd probably do some binging on Roja stuff.

Gurahl

Apr 17, 2019
On my skin both houses are toxic waste. I wouldn't buy them if they were $10 at walmart. I don't know what is in Aventus that I can't smell, because some people seem to rave over it, but I find it to be banal mediocrity.Don't get me started on the stink that is Viking. There are so many fragrances that are so much better.

ChuckW

Aug 21, 2001
I'm wearing Roja Vetiver Parfum today from a sample. Solid in every way, but no better than TF Grey Vetiver. On the other hand, the cologne versions of Danger Pour Homme and Enigma are Top 10 scents in my small collection.

Creed is my favorite house. All day, every day. That said, I have not tried enough from Roja to make a fair comparison. I do like Creed OV better than this Roja Vetiver I'm wearing, even though this is a more "true" vetiver.

Sep 19, 2021
Don't forget to share your impressions! :smiley:

Ok.

Creed Aventus. My olfactory system was immediately pleased. Very nice scent that is a definite FBW purchase for me personally.
RD - Creation-E - was pulling heavy jasmine notes which then settled into the warmer spicier vanilla notes.
RD Elysium - haven’t tried yet.
RD Vetiver- I’ll need to put on a proper amount and wear it for a full day. I kept losing the scent after dry off. But I think that is more due to the amount. Not enough. A fresh dab is when I smell the sweet and woody scents come though. Very summer.

I will say all the RD scents are interesting and have me going back for another sniff constantly. Complex and intriguing.

Also looking forward to try more from the Creed house.

Latest News