Roja Dove vs Creed

Jan 23, 2014
Creed. Although Roja has some pleasant scents, they don't last and cost 2 to 3 times as much. Lack of value from Roja and nothing beats Aventus for a crowd pleaser.

sdotlow

Jul 4, 2014
Creed. Although Roja has some pleasant scents, they don't last and cost 2 to 3 times as much. Lack of value from Roja and nothing beats Aventus for a crowd pleaser.

I don't know what Roja you smelled, but it took 3 showers to scrub off the nightmare that was Danger Pour Homme Parfum.

That being said, I haven't really smelled any Roja so I can't compare the two.

tefg

Dec 11, 2013
Havent tried any Roja. Creeds are mainly ok, but, to me, overpriced. Having said that I feel that about a lot of the pricier stuff in that there's a lot of stuff that I like, but don't like enough to pay the price.

dougczar

Mar 3, 2012
For me, it's no contest. For every season and every occasion there are Creeds among my very favorites. Creative, original, long lasting, etc. If my whole collection consisted only of my Creed fragrances, it would still be a very nice collection.

drseid

Sound Scents
Basenotes Plus
Jun 1, 2003
I don't know which is "better," but I certainly enjoy a lot more compositions from Roja, strongly preferring it to Creed, a house that has very few compositions I enjoy. Quite frankly Roja's Risqué Parfum, Diaghilev and Fetish pour Homme Parfum all have impressed more than any composition I have sniffed from Creed.

At at the end of the day it comes down to each individual's preferences.

Last edited:

gerbick

Jun 13, 2009
Just getting into Roja Dove, the quality screams at you upon the first spray whereas I've been in/around Creed since the late 90's and it's a more casual affair and approach. I'll be honest, Roja fragrances are a bit less varied than Creed's offerings but it invoked a very clear thought for me - Creed is truly a case of "what if designer fragrances had been done better". Roja is truly niche and not just in price alone.

Roja wins in my case, but I'm not finding any of those scents for me. Just like many of the Montales; they're too loud on my skin where I like to have a quieter projection usually.

I can appreciate the art and the quality behind the Roja scents so far, but they're just not for me. Yet. I cannot say the same thing for many Creeds - I just dislike their rather dubious "marketing" (wouldn't it really be more rumormongering?) from some of their SA's.

But that's just me. It'll differ greatly for all.

Kaern

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Apr 2, 2008
Don't think I can forgive Enslaved being a blatant copy of Habanita EDP

Don't think I can forgive Roja Dove being such a . . . . (fill in the blanks)

Creed -- you win!

Stinky Pete

Nov 11, 2013
Which is the better house and why?

I think Roja is the better one.

1) I have not yet been able to test any Roja, so cannot answer your question. (Am eager to try some though)

2). How you gonna ask which is better and why, then not say why yourself? Come on, man!

magnus611

Jul 16, 2013
Neither is better, just depends on what kind of scent your searching for: if you want fresh bright then creed , now if you want deep opulent then Roja Dove yes it's that simple. I have both houses and appreciate them for what they are but if anything Creed is being out forever and Roja is just a toddler for whatever that amounts to.

ebear

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Mar 8, 2006
I enjoy them both a lot. If I had to choose, I'd go with Roja, but sometimes I prefer the 'easygoingness' of Creed. Roja's scents are outstanding, but very intense.

NeoXerxes

Jun 27, 2014
They are my two favorite houses so I'd find it difficult to choose. I'd say Roja Dove has the edge in quality and skill, but Creeds are always wonderful people pleasers.

jasonbourne

Nov 22, 2014
Roja Dove wipes the floor of Creed, everyone loves Aventus including me which is one of the most iconic fragrances ever formulated. However outside Aventus Creed doesn't interest me a single bit, the majority of their fragrances are very generic and light.

There is nothing in the Creed line as sophisticated as any of the Roja fragrances; Nuwa (2015), Enigma, Diaghilev, Harrods Parfum and the Vetiver are absolute gems. Creed will sell you fragrances called Royale Oud with not even a single ounce of Oud.
When I wear Roja fragrances I genuinely feel as this is a fragrance that feels luxurious and expensive, you probably couldn't say the same on 90% of the niche frags out there, all hiding behind the 'brand/reputation'.

worldcomingdown

Mar 10, 2015
It's not really an apt comparison. One regularly retails for $10/ml and the other roughly $3/ml, though it can be found much cheaper. It's like asking someone to determine which is best between a Lamborghini or a Lexus.

HackerX

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Oct 21, 2004
It's not really an apt comparison. One regularly retails for $10/ml and the other roughly $3/ml, though it can be found much cheaper. It's like asking someone to determine which is best between a Lamborghini or a Lexus.

That's an interesting comparison :). But I do think that Creed Royal Oud could be Lexus' LFA.

Otherwise, I would drive my Lexus daily, but would drive my Lambo for more formal events and parties

Sweetstench408

Dec 9, 2014
I own 8 creeds 0 roja dove fragrances and price has nothing to do with it. I think all roja dove fragrances except the bergamot and vetiver fragrances stink

Sasuke

Jan 25, 2009
Personally, I much prefer Roja Dove over Creed. His scents are rich, baroque, old school. Creed fragrances are more like watercolor paintings, too light and pale for me. Of course there are scents like Enslaved in Rojas' collection, which is obviously his take on Habanita, but it's not like Creed has never done their own versions of popular scents... *cough* Original Vetiver, Millesime Imperial, Original Santal, Himalaya, Orange Spice, Jardin d'Amalfi *cough* :lolk:

EDIT: Millesime Imperial should not be on the list above, my mistake. I switched up the release dates of Imperial and Unforgivable, so it ended up being listed. But in truth, Unforgivable is the one taking inspiration from Millesime Imperial.

Last edited:

mixerscent

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Sep 9, 2013
Neither is better than the other as they target different demographics. Creed make great casual and office friendly fragrances, Roja Parfums targets the higher end with better quality ingredients and higher prices.

Last edited:

Hawky454

Oct 25, 2014
Personally, I much prefer Roja Dove over Creed. His scents are rich, baroque, old school. Creed fragrances are more like watercolor paintings, too light and pale for me. Of course there are scents like Enslaved in Rojas' collection, which is obviously his take on Habanita, but it's not like Creed has never done their own versions of popular scents... *cough* Original Vetiver, Millesime Imperial, Original Santal, Himalaya, Orange Spice, Jardin d'Amalfi *cough* :lolk:

Curious, what do you think MI is a copy of?

And I love how someone said Roja's "feel" expensive. Lol, for most...THEY ARE EXPENSIVE!!

Sasuke

Jan 25, 2009
Curious, what do you think MI is a copy of?

And I love how someone said Roja's "feel" expensive. Lol, for most...THEY ARE EXPENSIVE!!

I chose the words "their own version", not the word "copy" as I think even when two scents are very close to each other, they also have distinctive features the other scent may not have. So of course the above mentioned Creeds were inspired by more popular fragrances that came before them, but they are not exactly the same. To answer your question: Millesime Imperial is one of the Creed scents that did not take inspiration from a predecessor, but rather inspired new fragrances, like Unforgivable which came several years later. So of course it shouldn't be on my list, that's my mistake. Thanks to you I noticed!

jasonbourne

Nov 22, 2014
Roja Vetiver is the best Vetiver fragrance money can buy, smells and feels expensive. Always get compliments at work, Roja is easily becoming my favourite house.

Nuwa, 2015 formulation is a gem.

GoldWineMemories

Nov 22, 2019
I enjoy Roja's perfumes more, but I also don't like his perfumes as products. I don't enjoy most of Creed's perfumes, and I also don't like their perfume as a product. They're equally bad in my eyes which means people should buy them if they want and not give a care about what I think.

deltasun

Jun 12, 2017
I enjoy Roja's perfumes more, but I also don't like his perfumes as products. I don't enjoy most of Creed's perfumes, and I also don't like their perfume as a product. They're equally bad in my eyes which means people should buy them if they want and not give a care about what I think.

Don't worry, I don't care what you think when I buy them. :D

Jcelello

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Mar 26, 2019
There are a few from each house I that I wouldn't want to be without (i.e. Danger, Scandal, GIT, Aventus, Royal Oud). Roja takes the prize for artistry, consistency, uniqueness, and quantity of worthy releases. Creed wins on versatility. To pick a winner, I would go with Roja. I own more Creed currently, but I am not sure if I would want to add any more to my collection. With respect to Roja, I would gladly add quite a few more of his creations to my collection if they weren't so expensive.

Latest News