Rochas Moustache versions: a collaborative thread

Andy the frenchy

Basenotes Dependent
Sep 16, 2018
Thanks. I own #2, but the gold puck has “Rochas Rochas Rochas”. How long was the #2 version of EDC in production? I’m just trying to get a sense of my bottle’s age.
There is a great website HERE that has a detailed breakdown of the evolution of Femme by Rochas. (There is also a page for Moustache, but with very little info).
According to that, I'd say that the 'Marcel Rochas' writing on the caps have been substituted by 'Rochas Rochas Rochas' caps in the mid-60s, so it is my guess your EDC might have been produced in-between mid-60's and mid-80's. But that (like this whole thread) is purely based on logical thinking and the little info that is available online, not that I have any clue.

Do you have any other info? maybe some info of the bottom of the bottle? You might want to share a pic.

PStoller

I’m not old, I’m vintage.
Basenotes Plus
Aug 1, 2019
Thanks for the info. There’s not much on the bottom of the bottle. There’s a small raised “bar” at the perimeter (to facilitate production?), and another raised symbol (or could be 0-1 or 0-4).
I don’t expect this will clear anything up, but thought It might serve as a record.
We actually had a discussion about that raised symbol a couple of years ago, in connection with Chanel bottles. We never resolved exactly whose mark it was, but it’s definitely a bottling company maker’s mark.

Varanis Ridari

The Scented Devil
Basenotes Plus
Oct 17, 2012
View attachment 183572
Thanks for the info. There’s not much on the bottom of the bottle. There’s a small raised “bar” at the perimeter (to facilitate production?), and another raised symbol (or could be 0-1 or 0-4).
I don’t expect this will clear anything up, but thought It might serve as a record.
There used to be a round white embossed sticker on the bottom naming manufacturer, size, alcohol %, and all that stuff, but they get old and fall off.

Some of mine still have it.

Latest News

Whatever your taste in perfume, we've got you covered...

catalogue your collection, keep track of your perfume wish-list, log your daily fragrance wears, review your latest finds, seek out long-lost scented loves, keep track of the latest perfume news, find your new favourite fragrance, and discuss perfume with like-minded people from all over the world...