Rochas moustache edp

blacklibran1

Oct 21, 2007
So I am awaiting a blind by on this one. And the reviews across so many platforms are stellar. Any experience with this one?

Fugufish

May 30, 2020
Just bought this blind. For 30 bucks there is nothing to complain. Good stuff - Vanilla and Benzoin, some spices. Nice but not stellar in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

freewheelingvagabond

Jun 10, 2012
Just bought this blind. For 30 bucks there is nothing to complain. Good stuff - Vanilla and Benzoin, some spices. Nice but not stellar in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an accurate assessment. I find it to be reasonably long-lasting, but it does wear close to skin. Also, the first 30 minutes to one hour it can be a bit sharp-synthetic but it smoothes out quite nicely about after an hour.

Shaheen

Aug 15, 2008
I obtained a sample a few months back and thought it was just ok. Reminded me a little of Givenchy Pi (benzoin & vanilla) but Moustache EDP is better. This is supposed to be a cheaper alternative to YSL Tuxedo, very close in composition according to many reviewers.

Andy the frenchy

Sep 16, 2018
So I am awaiting a blind by on this one. And the reviews across so many platforms are stellar. Any experience with this one?

It doesn't hold the comparison with more expensive vanilla-centric fragrances, but let's compare what is comparable: at ~$30 a pop, it does the job decently for a standard utilitarian gourmand-ish fragrance.

In a nutshell: good price/quality ratio, but that's pretty much it.

Redneck Perfumisto

League of Cycloöctadiene Isomer Aestheticists
Basenotes Plus
Feb 27, 2008
I like the EDT version of the new Moustache much, much better than the EDP. I think you should give both of them a try before you make up your mind.

Same here. Very different types of fragrances - so different that it becomes hard to sense the connection. The EDT is moderate, "modern retro", cologne-like, yet with good persistence. The EDP is powerful, modern, parfum-like, with shocking tenacity. The EDT is refreshing in character, the EDP is cloying in a good way. Glad I have both, but will back up the EDT, which I prefer for its scent. The EDP needs subspray application in my world.

freewheelingvagabond

Jun 10, 2012
Same here. Very different types of fragrances - so different that it becomes hard to sense the connection. The EDT is moderate, "modern retro", cologne-like, yet with good persistence. The EDP is powerful, modern, parfum-like, with shocking tenacity. The EDT is refreshing in character, the EDP is cloying in a good way. Glad I have both, but will back up the EDT, which I prefer for its scent. The EDP needs subspray application in my world.

I'd love to get a glimpse of your world (speaking sincerely). I thought I got "decent performance" based on 8-9 sprays from my decant.

Still very curious about the EdT. I've contemplated adding it and Pasha EdT to my cart at a discounter that has TdH Parfum and L'eau d'Issey pH.

Redneck Perfumisto

League of Cycloöctadiene Isomer Aestheticists
Basenotes Plus
Feb 27, 2008
I'd love to get a glimpse of your world (speaking sincerely). I thought I got "decent performance" based on 8-9 sprays from my decant.

Yes, even after losing much from COVID, I still have a decently sensitive schnozz - but it's a bit unpredictable! That said, it was turned up to "11" on the EDP! :D

Still very curious about the EdT. I've contemplated adding it and Pasha EdT to my cart at a discounter that has TdH Parfum and L'eau d'Issey pH.

If you approach the EdT as a persistent cologne, along the lines of Chanel's or Eau de Rochas, you won't be disappointed. It has a lot of resemblance to old-school fougeres, but comes in more subtle than all of them, to my nose. However, nicely, it hangs strongly on clothing, and heats up easily, so I get whiffs all day and next day on clothing. For my sensitive nose, I need 3-4 sprays, pretty much like a cologne. You will need to go big, BIG, BIG! But it's cheap, so if you like it, just buy another bottle.

Staff online

Latest News