Robert Talbott Cologne...Anyone familiar with it?

Derbyman

Jan 26, 2010
Hi Chuck, I always do a quick Google search of these things as they pop up and I've got to say, it's not got a lot of internet presence! I found one review saying it was 'pleasant but faded quickly'. Not much to go on there...! Looks like it's not something to be found in the UK so sorry I can't be of any more help.

Last edited:

hednic

Oct 25, 2007
I found a short description. Perhaps you saw it also - Robert Talbott Fragrance For Men Is A Woody, Spicy Scent. This Sophisticated Mix Of Citrus, Pepper, Cedar And Vetiver Is Confident And Masculine. A Perfect Fragrance To Wear To The Office, Days Spent With Friends And Family, And Dates With Someone Special.

If you have a Saks Off 5th near you, they have it for $29 and change if you want to gamble.

ChuckW

Aug 21, 2001
I found a short description. Perhaps you saw it also - Robert Talbott Fragrance For Men Is A Woody, Spicy Scent. This Sophisticated Mix Of Citrus, Pepper, Cedar And Vetiver Is Confident And Masculine. A Perfect Fragrance To Wear To The Office, Days Spent With Friends And Family, And Dates With Someone Special.

If you have a Saks Off 5th near you, they have it for $29 and change if you want to gamble.

Thanks for the research old buddy!

maksidrom

Dec 30, 2003
I would approach this with caution and advise against blind buying. Lack of reviews, any presence or visibility outside of Saks Off 5th / Nordstrom Rack and the fact that MSRP is a whopping $120, now discounted 75% and still doesn't sell (it's been on the saks off 5th website at that price forever) - all should be red flags.

A few months ago I was at Saks Off 5th B&M outlet store and spotted a Jared Lang fragrance. I've actually seen it before many times, albeit online only - Macy's for $75, Nordstrom Rack for $40 and Saks Off website for $20. I've always wondered about that fragrance, there were absolutely no leads on the internet, nothing on Jared Lang social media (ghastly, garish, tacky brand, btw), except the notes listed on Macy's/Nordstrom/Saks. I wondered for many months and then when I saw it the physical Saks outlet store - something was triggered. I means, it's Saks, surely they wouldn't sell complete garbage, right? They have reputation. Obviously not lux or niche, but decent designer stuff, right? So I blind bought it, even though there were dozens of bottles piled on the shelf and that should have been my clearest final warning.

Turns out, this stuff is pathetic. I can't even describe it because it was akin to rubbing Unstoppable pellets on your arm - just vague musky chemicals. No topnotes, no middle, no base. The $8 Beverly Hills Polo Club colognes have more going on. Can't even use it as a bathroom spray. I can't even come up with some sarcastic pun because I am so mad at myself for buying this leftover dishwasher liquid in a spray bottle.

So... personally, I'd stay away.

ChuckW

Aug 21, 2001
I would approach this with caution and advise against blind buying. Lack of reviews, any presence or visibility outside of Saks Off 5th / Nordstrom Rack and the fact that MSRP is a whopping $120, now discounted 75% and still doesn't sell (it's been on the saks off 5th website at that price forever) - all should be red flags.

A few months ago I was at Saks Off 5th B&M outlet store and spotted a Jared Lang fragrance. I've actually seen it before many times, albeit online only - Macy's for $75, Nordstrom Rack for $40 and Saks Off website for $20. I've always wondered about that fragrance, there were absolutely no leads on the internet, nothing on Jared Lang social media (ghastly, garish, tacky brand, btw), except the notes listed on Macy's/Nordstrom/Saks. I wondered for many months and then when I saw it the physical Saks outlet store - something was triggered. I means, it's Saks, surely they wouldn't sell complete garbage, right? They have reputation. Obviously not lux or niche, but decent designer stuff, right? So I blind bought it, even though there were dozens of bottles piled on the shelf and that should have been my clearest final warning.

Turns out, this stuff is pathetic. I can't even describe it because it was akin to rubbing Unstoppable pellets on your arm - just vague musky chemicals. No topnotes, no middle, no base. The $8 Beverly Hills Polo Club colognes have more going on. Can't even use it as a bathroom spray. I can't even come up with some sarcastic pun because I am so mad at myself for buying this leftover dishwasher liquid in a spray bottle.

So... personally, I'd stay away.

words of wisdom. I shall follow your advice.

Latest News