Robert Piguet Oud

exploretoi

Jun 9, 2012
Hello,
I have a question regarding the fragrance Robert Piguet Oud, is it similar in any way to some of the 80's powerhouses (Kouros, Antaeus...) or to any other fragrance, Classic or modern?
Thanks in advance!

hednic

Oct 25, 2007
I own this and the closest I have found to this one in terms of smell is a fragrance by Montale called Oud Pur Oriental,

Andy the frenchy

Sep 16, 2018
Hello,
I have a question regarding the fragrance Robert Piguet Oud, is it similar in any way to some of the 80's powerhouses (Kouros, Antaeus...) or to any other fragrance, Classic or modern?
Thanks in advance!
Imo: No. This one is about castoreum, oud, medicinal myrrh and earthy patchouli. A beautiful composition for real oud lovers (or at least: bold westernized oud lovers). It's very dark/dirty.
The closest it shares some (remote) similarities with are PdM Hamdani and Tauer L'Oudh. But again: it's only remotely. Nothing close to Kouros, and the comparisons with Antaeus are probably because of the castoreum note, but it goes in a totally different direction.

exploretoi

Jun 9, 2012
Imo: No. This one is about castoreum, oud, medicinal myrrh and earthy patchouli. A beautiful composition for real oud lovers (or at least: bold westernized oud lovers). It's very dark/dirty.
The closest it shares some (remote) similarities with are PdM Hamdani and Tauer L'Oudh. But again: it's only remotely. Nothing close to Kouros, and the comparisons with Antaeus are probably because of the castoreum note, but it goes in a totally different direction.
Thanks Andy for the detailed info!

Latest News