Rive Gauche - not discontinued??

Izzie

Jul 10, 2012
So I was under the distinct impression that Rive Gauche pour femme had been discontinued. I decided to buy a few bottles from an online retailer, wasn't sure if I'd get the real deal or not but figured it was worth a shot. Got the bottles today and they look very legit, smell seems accurate as far as I can recall etc. However... I searched the batch numbers and got a production date of July 2021. (Also both bottles had the same exact number at the bottom of the bottle +box, not sure if that's common or not) This seemed odd to me since I was SURE it had been discontinued in 2020. So I went on YSLs website and was able to find Rive Gauche. However just in the 100 ml bottle. The ones I got were 50 ml...

So two questions - 1) has it really not been discontinued? Will it be? Or have I just gotten bad info from somewhere? I live in Europe and haven't been able to find Rive Gauche in store since 2019 2) Are my 50 ml bottles fakes?

Oct 20, 2021
Thanks for this post. I do really like Rive Gauche but still have a bottle in my hoarde and had not heard about possible discontinuation.

Thanks to Donna. I will check out the department store counters to see if any discounts to be had. The department stores that are left, we only have John Lewis now that Debenhams and ouse of Fraser have bitten the dust!

Izzie

Jul 10, 2012
I'll make sure to stock up on a few bottles just in case, it does seem like it might be on its way out. A shame since it's such a gorgeous scent.

_Nicolas_

Aug 16, 2021
This is why I make sure I always have back-up bottles of the ones I love, and by that I mean sufficient for the rest of my life! Learned my lesson the hard way with RGPH!

Anyway, no idea if the original is discontinued, but it sounds like there's still plenty of stock out there, I've just checked AllBeauty and Notino UK and both of them have it. :)

Latest News