References of vintage perfumes

Jean-Sté

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jan 1, 2021
Hello everyone !

It's been a long time since I want to do this kind of thing: trying to associate a reference to each perfume we own. The reference is written on the box, and depends on the quantity (50 ml, 240 ml...), the nature of the bottle (splash, atomizer, natural spray...), the percentage of alcohol (after-shave, eau de toilette, parfum...) and so on. I'm talking about reference, no batch code or EMB code.

I thought it could be useful if we could set up a sort of listing of our perfumes, with a brief description of how they come. Thus we could see some changes in the presentation, we could compare our bottles, and what are their differences, and so on. A little bit of history...

I've begun with a short list; feel free to add your scents; I'll edit ASAP.

"AS" means after-shave, "EDT" means eau de toilette, "AT" means atomizer, NS means natural spray, and Splash means...well, splash :)

- Montana Parfum d'Homme (Montana)

AS Splash 75 ml

Réf: 945130

- Montana Parfum d'Homme (Montana)

EDT NS 125 ml

Réf: 945093

- Kipling (Weil)

AS Splash 50 ml

Réf: 008201

- Kipling (Weil)

EDT Splash 100 ml

Réf: 008411

- Captain (Molyneux)

AS Splash 240 ml

Réf: 5363

- Captain (Molyneux)

EDT Splash 125 ml

Réf: 5332

- Furyo (Jacques Bogart)

AS Splash 100 ml

Réf: 038002

- Furyo (Jacques Bogart)

EDT Splash 50 ml

Réf: 028001

- Drakkar Noir (Guy Laroche)

AS Splash 100 ml

Réf: 6483 02

- Drakkar Noir (Guy Laroche)

EDT Splash 28 ml

Réf: 6496 28

- Salvador Dali pour Homme (Salvador Dali)

AS Splash 50 ml

Réf: 90280

- Salvador Dali pour Homme (Salvador Dali)

EDT Splash 50 ml

Réf: 90022

- Wall Street (Victor)

AS Splash 50 ml

Réf: COD. 5835

- Wall Street (Victor)

EDT Splash 25 ml

Réf: COD. 5813

- Versace L'Homme (Gianni Versace)

AS Splash 100 ml

Réf: 14300

- Versace L'Homme (Gianni Versace)

EDT Splash 50 ml

Réf: 14050

- Il (Lancetti)

AS Splash 100 ml

Réf: Art.1405

- Il (Lancetti)

EDT Splash 50 ml

Réf: Art.1400

- Open (Roger & Gallet)

AS Splash 100 ml

Réf: CODE 1511

- Open (Roger & Gallet)

EDT Splash 150 ml

Réf: CODE 1506

- Ghibli (Atkinsons)

AS Splash 50 ml

Réf: 0605

- Ghibli (Atkinsons)

EDT Splash 100 ml

Réf: 622.0

- Monsieur Carven (Carven)

AS AT 120 ml

Réf: 1126

- Monsieur Carven (Carven)

EDT AT 45 ml

Réf: 1325

- Balenciaga pour Homme (Balenciaga)

AS NS 50 ml

Réf: B017026

- Balenciaga pour Homme (Balenciaga)

EDT NS 30 ml

Réf: B017015

- Ténéré (Paco Rabanne)

AS Splash 100 ml

Réf: 6230

- Ténéré (Paco Rabanne)

EDT NS 50 ml

Réf: 806144

PStoller

I’m not old, I’m vintage.
Basenotes Plus
Aug 1, 2019
It's been a long time since I want to do this kind of thing: trying to associate a reference to each perfume we own. The reference is written on the box, and depends on the quantity (50 ml, 240 ml...), the nature of the bottle (splash, atomizer, natural spray...), the percentage of alcohol (after-shave, eau de toilette, parfum...) and so on. I'm talking about reference, no batch code or EMB code.

I thought it could be useful if we could set up a sort of listing of our perfumes, with a brief description of how they come. Thus we could see some changes in the presentation, we could compare our bottles, and what are their differences, and so on. A little bit of history...

This task becomes herculean with a many bottles as some of us have. There's a notes field in the wardrobe/directory ("Your Info") where one can enter such details, but the field is private. At the same time, it's not what one would put in a review. Not sure if a "public notes" field would makes sense for the directory, but you could suggest it to @Grant.

JBHoren

I *am* smiling
Apr 25, 2007
Sounds like a perfect "proof of concept" exercise for tagging one's Wardrobe collection. You could make tags for the attributes you mentioned: #AS #EDT #EDP #AT #SPLSH etc. What's more, if you configure your Preferences to permit others to view your Wardrobe, then they can search your tagged items (single-term, only), too. Yes, it's labor intensive, but the "hurt" is only when tagging existing items; new additions get tagged when received, which are much easier to keep-up with.

Jean-Sté

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jan 1, 2021
I clearly understand @PStoller , @JBHoren , @hednic and others. I think I was misunderstood.

The purpose it not that everyone checks its whole collection, and make a huge list. I thought it could be useful (and much less time-spending) if anyone who wants put say, 5 references he or she owns from time to time. Each time I see a new post here, I'll edit mine at the top of the topic, adding the references each one would put. We could imagine this post pinned, so anyone looking for a reference could find it by clicking CTRL + F in any browser, allowing to search for a word or a string of words in the page. Much easier, in my opinion, than searching in anyone wardrobe the scent, then the reference. Just my two cents.
In a larger point of view, I've read @Grant 's post about the update, the difficulties, and so on. I think Basenotes has the ability to improve with the help of any of us, and for a historical purpose (I'm fond of history, including perfumes history), I think a sort of database including as much scents as we can (and those references I'm talking about) could make Basenotes a step further. It's not a huge amount of work if anyone put 5 scents from time to time, and I think it could be an interesting improvement, also because other sites about perfumes don't offer this feature.

Let me be clear: I'm not pretending to be more clever than I am. I'm just making suggestions which could be useful.

Jean-Sté

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jan 1, 2021
- Vetiver (Roccobarocco)

edt splash 100 ml

Réf: 421255

edt NS 30 ml

Réf: 401255

- Marte (Battistoni)

edt NS 75 ml

Réf: 232

- Turbo (Fabergé)

edt splash 125 ml

Réf: 33000

Latest News

Whatever your taste in perfume, we've got you covered...

catalogue your collection, keep track of your perfume wish-list, log your daily fragrance wears, review your latest finds, seek out long-lost scented loves, keep track of the latest perfume news, find your new favourite fragrance, and discuss perfume with like-minded people from all over the world...