Recommend some Amouage fragrances. Tried Interlude Man and Jubilation. And.....

whcouncill

Basenotes Member
Jul 21, 2022
I like the performance of Interlude Man but I like the scent of Jubilation. I wish it was stronger! If Jubilation was stronger it would have been my top fragrance easily.But it is kinda weak. I still wear it sometimes on some "what coulda been" vibe. So what is the next alternative. Any other decent smelling but strong Interlude Man like performers from Amouage? Smoky incence notes maybe? That are easy to find decants of?

waldganger

Basenotes Member
Aug 19, 2020
Figment!
Its a bit challenging but it last quite long and stands out.

My second favorite is Memoir.
If you like mint and wormwood, you'll like this.

The third would be Opus VII but it is as challenging as Figment.

Castingshadows

Basenotes Dependent
Apr 14, 2020
Boundless is a pretty incredible tobacco/amber/incense composition. It has the spices of Journey Man up top but shifts into a warm cola and pipe tobacco scent. It’s not a huge performer but it doesn’t need to be anyways. It’s strong but nowhere near the strength of five sprays of interlude.

Reckless Leather/Opus VII is pretty intense and performs like crazy. It’s very polarizing though and the spices are heavy. If you dig heavy spices and leather you’ll love this one.

Memoir Man is really nice too.

Dane77

Basenotes Dependent
Jun 30, 2011
I agree with waldganger and primotenore's combined recommendations: Apart from Interlude, my favorites are also Figment, Memoir, Gold, and Epic...

Tonyprince

Basenotes Dependent
Jan 1, 2007
I love several of the perfumes that have been named but I want to amplify Ken_Russell's vote for Fate Man (which is now discontinued but still available). If you like Jubilation XXV and enjoy a good dose of cumin, you are sure to enjoy it. It's one of my favorites Amouage perfumes.

Jan 20, 2019
5 sprays of each one.

I also used 5 sprays of Jubilation XXV for Men with poor results. Heavenly magnificent, but nearly undetectable after an hour. And not terribly strong for the first hour. This was a magnetic cap Made in Oman bottle for those that keep track. I think my skin just eats incense fragrances, as I have this same problem with several similar bottles.

I've tried Journey Man with better results. 5 sprays made the profile lean feminine, but 2-3 is the perfect amount to get wafts throughout a 10-hour (indoor) workday.

Salumbre

Basenotes Junkie
Jan 26, 2022
My only Amouage to date is Opus VII, so another vote for this one.

I love it, but I would not recommend it as a blind buy if you don't dig sexy, stanky, skanky beasts --"reckless leather" is exactly right, and then add sweaty, raunchy sex, plus a nuclear blast of spices.

Pheusinger

Basenotes Junkie
Jan 20, 2019
Amouage is a pretty amazing house. I've yet to try any of the Opus, but at this point my favorites are:

Interlude Black Iris
Gold
Bracken
Imitation
Beach Hut
Jubilation XXV
Myths
Epic

Quality, performance and originality are all top notch.

Salumbre

Basenotes Junkie
Jan 26, 2022
My only Amouage to date is Opus VII, so another vote for this one.

I love it, but I would not recommend it as a blind buy if you don't dig sexy, stanky, skanky beasts --"reckless leather" is exactly right, and then add sweaty, raunchy sex, plus a nuclear blast of spices.

Opus VII, by a mile.

I'm glad you like this one!

After spending some quality time with a decant, I bought a full bottle. (Not at full price, thankfully.)

Quick, thankfully not OT question: Is there a difference between the black bottle and the "Reckless Leather" cream-colored one? (I sampled and bought the first.)

Latest News

Whatever your taste in perfume, we've got you covered...

catalogue your collection, keep track of your perfume wish-list, log your daily fragrance wears, review your latest finds, seek out long-lost scented loves, keep track of the latest perfume news, find your new favourite fragrance, and discuss perfume with like-minded people from all over the world...