Xionn

Oct 11, 2019
Aramis by Aramis

Chanel Antaeus

Polo (Green)

CK - Obsession

Paco Rabanne Pour Homme

Antonio Puig Quorum

Creed Aventus (prefer more smoky batch though over citrus).

Dislikes:

Dior Fahrenheit (Gasoline?).

Givenchy Gentleman (Disgusting 100%).

Kouros (Urinal cakes, Don't understand where people get the sweaty locker room vibe from, to me it 100% smells like a freshly cleaned public toilets and samples it multiple times from different stores as I really wanted to try and get into this one).

I have just bought 3ml samples of and tried (but only once so far, so still in process of testing:

Tom Ford Oud Wood ( I thought it was generically sweet smelling, maybe not worth the price, dry down was a bit more masculine and nicer, could see a woman being able to wear this too).

Creed Virgin Island Water: Fruity, powdery, very unisex, maybe too feminine smelling? Defintely more of
a summery, clean fresh scent, probably wouldn't buy it.

Creed Silver Mountain Water, Same as above.

Creed Green Irish Tweed - Cool Water but maybe less harsh and synthetic smelling, would probably just by Coolwater and save the money.

Colognes I used to like but I used so much I am bored of and want nothing to do with anymore:

Terre d Hermes

Sauvage (2015)

Thanks.

hellbentforleather

May 18, 2016
I would say vintage versions of the following: Azzaro Pour Homme, Aramis Tuscany, Guerlain Heritage, Chanel Egoiste, RL Safari. These are, coincidentally, my current top 5 :)

Ken_Russell

Jan 21, 2006
Also adding to a possible (re) testing list:

Knize Forest, Agua Brava, Sartorial, Fougere Royale, Chanel pour Monsieur, Caron Yatagan, Guerlain Derby, Eau Sauvage Parfum, Givenchy Greenergy, Sir Irisch Moos, Chevignon Brand for Men and/or Best of Chevignon, Krizia Uomo and/or Spazio Krizia, Tsar by Van Cleef & Arpels, Amouage Bracken

Last edited:

Marand75

Heaven's made of Oakmoss!
Basenotes Plus
Feb 9, 2018
Seconding Azzaro Pour Homme and Tuscany (vintage and/or current).
Adding Versace L'Homme, Worth Pour Homme, Hermès Bel Ami, Roger & Gallet Open and Open Black, Boucheron Pour Homme EdT, Jacques Bogart One Man Show Gold Edition, Oud Edition and Emerald Edition, Dunhill Icon, Oleg Cassini For Men (black bottle and box) to name a few.

Xionn

Oct 11, 2019
Thanks for the replies so far guys, adding these to my wishlist and flashing the cash.

Edit: Just spent £144 to purchase:

Chanel Egoiste 50ml

Creed Bois Du Portugal 10ml

Halston Z-14 75ml

Caron Yatagan 125ml

Azzaro Pour Homme 30ml.

Last edited:

Ken_Russell

Jan 21, 2006
Thanks for the replies so far guys, adding these to my wishlist and flashing the cash.

Edit: Just spent £144 to purchase:

Chanel Egoiste 50ml

Creed Bois Du Portugal 10ml

Halston Z-14 75ml

Caron Yatagan 125ml

Azzaro Pour Homme 30ml.

Great sample selection, both regarding the consistency with your tastes and preferences as well as to rediscover- even if mostly in the current formulae that still remain anywhere from not bad to downright good- of quite a few stylish and timeless male classics

boosh

Mar 1, 2010
New York intense
Sartorial
Invasion Barbare
Bois du Portugal
Viking

What about Eau Sauvage EDT?

Xionn

Oct 11, 2019
IMG_20210124_194942_822.jpg

Slowly building up a collection of old school classic fragrances.. Terre de Hermes and Sauvage I've not touched in about 2 years. Egosite arrived today, LOVE IT, still waiting on others in the post.

Latest News