Recently Discontinued/ Due To Be Discontinued Fragrances......???

Varanis Ridari

The Scented Devil
Basenotes Plus
Oct 17, 2012
ZC, I did not know that.:confused:

It's better to let people find out on their own, because sticking a neon sign on something being pulled from production invites the hoarders and flippers to monopolize a scent and take it out of reach faster than it would naturally due to dwindling supply.

Some of the folks on this very forum subsidize their niche perfume purchases by buying DC'd designers low and selling high. I'm not gonna tell somebody what is right or wrong for them personally, but neither am I gonna help them make the hobby harder to enjoy for me either lol.

Bloodhounded

Mar 7, 2020
I've come across a rumor that Guerlain's Nahema has been discontinued due to IFRA's new 49th Amendment. Please note that I do not have a reliable source for this. Does anyone know whether this is true? You see, my ring of spies has not yet managed to penetrate the house of Guerlain (not for lack of trying).

BetsyMeszaros

Sep 5, 2010
I first heard this 2 or 3 years ago. I have found it impossible to get Nahema at any department store not even on a special order. I buy in the Philadelphia/New York area. It is just hard to find. I did buy some from Beauty Encounters about 18 months ago when they had a sale of some kind. I felt lucky to find it.

Someone said you can still get it directly from Guerlain in Paris but that is not something I would find it easy to do so don't know if that is true or not.

Last edited:

david

Jun 7, 2005
I believe Nahema has was discontinued several years ago. I will check out the Guerlain website.

david

Jun 7, 2005
I first hard this 2 or 3 years ago. I have found it impossible to get Nahema at any department store not even on a special order. I buy in the Philadelphia/New York area. It is just hard to find. I did buy some Beauty Encounters about 18 months ago when they had a sale of some kind. I felt lucky to find it.

Someone said you can still get it directly from Guerlain in Paris but that is not something I would find it easy to do so don't know if that is true or not.

I just checked the website and it seems as if it is now available. I'm certain this must be a re-issue, (it's in the bee flacon so that suggests it could be). Price is €140.

saminlondon

Aug 25, 2011
It's always been in the catalogue and is not discontinued. There's just been out of stock recently.

As for the situation in the US I couldn't say.

david

Jun 7, 2005
Just confirmed that LVMH has killed Jean Patou.The whole line-up /company gone. Disgusting. Why take it over and then abruptly kill it. ?

PStoller

I’m not old, I’m vintage.
Basenotes Plus
Aug 1, 2019
Just confirmed that LVMH has killed Jean Patou. The whole line-up/company gone. Disgusting. Why take it over and then abruptly kill it?

So they can use the name "Joy" for the Dior perfume.

I agree. It’s disgusting.

LVMH is using the Patou name for a clothing line, which is what Patou was originally. However, the true Patou was legendary haute couture, while the new Patou is unremarkable RTW.

My hope is that LVMH has, or will have, bigger plans for Patou after the pandemic. After all, products designed for going out are harder to sell when everyone is staying in. We’ll see.

david

Jun 7, 2005
I've just heard from a reliable source that Vetiver Extreme from Guerlain has been discontinued. Maybe this is already common knowledge, but I thought I would mention anyway.

starace

Jan 11, 2009
What is the official word on Kouros? Is it only unavailable in the US? Only e-retailers have it, and it would seem absurd for them to axe it, considering how popular it has been in Europe.

david

Jun 7, 2005
What is the official word on Kouros? Is it only unavailable in the US? Only e-retailers have it, and it would seem absurd for them to axe it, considering how popular it has been in Europe.

Surely not !!! Alarm bells !!!

Dantheman123

Dec 3, 2018
Acqua Di Gio Parfum for men discontinued. I'm glad I got a 6oz bottle on fragrance.net. Excellent price of 140.00.

Also, Mont Blanc Skywalker or something, discontinued.

It's hit and miss with so much misinformation on the net.

Zgb

Jan 20, 2009
Is Gucci by Gucci Pour Homme, now known as Gucci Pour Homme, really discontinued?

gucci-gucci-by-gucci-pour-homme-edt-90-ml_4b44cda1.jpeg

Latest posts

Latest News