Real men wear Pink

Foamywax

May 2, 2013
I bought a bottle of Joop homme today after giving my last bottle away last year. My last bottle before that was a 2014 batch. The bottle I bought today is from this year and to be honest I wasn't that excited on buying it.
The bottle I gave away last year didn't seem like a good performer anymore so I wasn't really expecting much.
This is a very new formulation the lyral has been removed because it's banned by the ifra. Funnily enough this bottle is better than the last two I had. Projection is quite good as well. Call Joop homme generic over worn or whatever, I think it's a bonafide classic and the mind boggles when it hits you that this was released in 1989. So yes I am pleasantly surprised. Justice-Joslin-Naked-Joop-Homme-Fragrance-Campaign-800x1131.jpg Joop homme is still really good.

Foamywax

May 2, 2013
Haha well that is your own opinion.
I'm sure other people don't see it that way.

Last edited:

ultravisitor

Nov 4, 2014
Joop! was one of the first fragrances that I really loved and found memorable for reasons other than my dad having owned/worn it. When it was new, I always sprayed myself with it when I saw it at Dillard's. I'm not sure what year my bottle is--guess I'll check if I remember later--but I don't think it's bad in any version.

Foamywax

May 2, 2013
Never found a Joop fragrance that appealed to me and I tried many.

Hi hednic. I know you dislike Joop homme.
I used to love Night flight back in the 90's what a great jasmine/almond fragrance for men that was.
What about Adam was quite nice too.
My dad wore rococo but I don't remember it well.
I like jump too.

hednic

Oct 25, 2007
Hi hednic. I know you dislike Joop homme.
I used to love Night flight back in the 90's what a great jasmine/almond fragrance for men that was.
What about Adam was quite nice too.
My dad wore rococo but I don't remember it well.
I like jump too.
What is important is that you find it to your liking. :smiley:

Sheik Yerbouti

oakmoss fiend
Basenotes Plus
Jul 20, 2017
Call Joop homme generic over worn or whatever, I think it's a bonafide classic and the mind boggles when it hits you that this was released in 1989. So yes I am pleasantly surprised.

I wore this back in the day on a summer night or two. Straight out the shower, a couple of sprays was plenty loud and boomed like a sweet soapy-clean foghorn. Haven’t worn it for a loooooong time.

Glad you found one you like.

d r e

Dec 24, 2018
Joop! was my older brothers signature and one of the first fragrances I tried, so it's pretty memorable for me. Stuff would last forever, I remember I could still smell it on the seat belt like months later.

I try to always stand up for Joop! when people say "Creed Original Santal is a clone of Individuel!", ignoring that Joop! came out like 10 years before either and seemingly inspired both

I haven't tried many of the Flankers but I hear Wild is nice

Foamywax

May 2, 2013
Thanks Sheik!
I remember smelling Le male when it first came out so many years ago. First thing it reminded me of was Joop!

Ken_Russell

Jan 21, 2006
Happening to actually like even the current version of this more than the vintage.
While having perceived the vintage as a too unilaterally strong almost single note type "burnt sugar" (and maybe some marginal sandalwood) scent, did enjoy the current one as least beast mode but much smoother and somehow more skillfully blended.

Foamywax

May 2, 2013
Foamywax, do you remember when you bought your fist Joop's bottle?

Well I had first worn it in the 90's ...
The last three bottles I had were 2014,2018 and the new one from this year which is the best.
They have really brought back the old formulation it seems they removed different ingredients and put alot more coumarin in it and it smells very similar to what I remember from the 90's.

Monsieur Montana

Jan 14, 2015
Pink as colour is great indeed.
To me it has always been a struggle trying to like Joop Homme.I couldn’t succeed fulfilling this task.
People still wear it today after all those decades and that’s the best proof of its success.
It is, as Chuck already said, radioactive. I wish more perfumes had this kind of performance.
Gladly works for you and that’s what matters. I have stopped struggling :)

Foamywax

May 2, 2013
I love everything that Michel Almeirac does especially minotaure.. Joop homme is a spicy sweet oriental for men I think it's just oversprayed by people which is why it has this annoying reputation ... I don't find Le male that superior to be honest.

Renato

Oct 21, 2002
I must be a real, real man.
I have a bottle of, and occasionally wear Joop Homme Sexy In Pink - the leathery version of Joop Homme.

Good to hear that you like the latest reformulation of the original. I suppose it will show up down here at some time for me to check out..
Regards,
Renato

Foamywax

May 2, 2013
I'm wearing it today and I'm very happy it really is just like the vintage scent wise.
Like I said earlier the ingredients list is also different now. Really reminds me of the Lancaster version. Something just wasn't the same with my last two bottles.
The fact that it costs under 20 euro is a joke. I mean are they making any money off of these?
Probably only from people who buy it from retail.

Danny Mitchell

Mar 21, 2019

Foamywax

May 2, 2013
Well I like both Joop homme and Jaipur Homme... I don't have a wife or a joint Facebook account...

Emanuel76

Jun 16, 2018
You like it as well so that can't be bad..
I do. But I lift my pinky just a little bit. That's because I love Jaipur only for sentimental reason.
When I'll buy a vintage bottle, my pinky will stay errect like a... I'll come back when I find a proper metaphor.

LL Cool Spray

Aug 24, 2008
The last time I tried Joop was a couple months ago. I saw it at a discounter for a very low price. Sprayed my wrist. Overpowering scented candle! Pass.

egrorian

Oct 12, 2008
About thirty years ago Joop! was one of my favourites and, although I like it less now than I used to, I picked up a new bottle earlier this year. I tend to be careful about wearing it as I always had a feeling that other people would dislike it. Even though it has been a very successful fragrance I feel it is an acquired taste.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest News