Aqua Universalis Extrait De Parfum
Ciel De Gum
Lumiere Noire Pour Homme
Oud Satin Mood Extrait De Parfum

cacio

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Nov 5, 2010
Absolue pour le soir my favorite (and discontinued). I like others as well, like Cologne pour le soir, Oud, and A la rose. (A la rose is perhaps not my cup of tea, but it does remain fresh and rosy and natural smelling for a long time)

cacio

Duke Hunt

Sep 17, 2010
Absolue pour le soir my favorite (and discontinued). I like others as well, like Cologne pour le soir, Oud, and A la rose. (A la rose is perhaps not my cup of tea, but it does remain fresh and rosy and natural smelling for a long time)

cacio

APLS is NOT discontinued. Distribution is now limited to their website and their flagship store, but not discontinued. https://www.franciskurkdjian.com/absolue-pour-le-soir-en.html

BigFish

Jan 4, 2011
Lumiere Noire is the only one I've tried that has done it for me, but I'm by no means an expert on the brand

CT3

Mar 18, 2013
Baccarat Rouge 540
Masculin Pluriel
Grand Soir

B.R. is very sweet in the beginning, but after the dry down, it's sweetness over a musk base(i'm no expert in notes). So it loses some of the candy sweetnes over time. I love it.

Those are the 3 I own, and I'm looking for 1-2 more to add to my collection. A lot of MFK's fragrances have been done before, it's just that they seem to do them much better than a lot of the competition.

Jul 7, 2012
I'm a huge fan of this house.

Aqua Universalis
Petit Matin
Lumiere Noire
APOM
Aqua Celestia

Aqua Universalis is my #1 from this house, with the other four tied for #2. It's hard to rank any of them as better than the others since each of them is wonderful in different ways.

Baccarat Rouge 540 is excellent too, but I haven't been able to convince myself it suits me.

Grand Soir is amazing, but it's so heavy. I don't tend to wear scents that heavy.

Last edited:

Democritus

Mar 7, 2017
I like all the masculine releases I've tried, particularly Apom and Lumiere Noir, but haven't been able to find Absolue pour Le Soir

Shadowartisttxl

Mar 25, 2016
Absolue Pour le Soir - the best buy far - there are simply no fragrances like this. It's been on the top of my favorite list for longer than any other fragrance has held the throne.
Masculine Pluriel - This one is simply amazing as far as elegant fougeres go - a wonderful lavender and vetiver fragrance.
Lumiere Noire pour Homme - an amazing sweet spicy rose/patchouli combo.
Aqua Vita Forte - Ylang ylang and Lemon - simply amazing - I usually don't like lemon or MFK freshies as his freshies smell like detergent and lemons are often too abrasive for me - this one is gorgeous as all hell though.

NickZee

Sep 19, 2014
Have you guys tried Baccarat? I heard its great

You heard right ;). An excellent fragrance that must be given full wearings to be understood. The comments about its sweetness are relative and it gets less sweet as it progresses from the opening. It sweet but It’s not as sweet as most gourmands.

Masculine Pluriel, Lumiere Noire PH and APOM are also excellent.

Grand Soir was too much for me, ended up selling it off.

Last edited:

CapriDog

Mar 1, 2012
Based on smell,

For men
Absolue pour le Soir
Lumiere Noire pour Homme
Ciel de Gum

For Women
Le Beau Parfum

Diddy

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Oct 14, 2015
Le Male - groundbreaking/polarizing/trendsetting

Kouros Cologne Sport - an approachable modern take on a legend

Masculine Pluriel - polarizing/beastly performance/smells great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oriane

Jan 15, 2015

cacio

This is one that has seriously tempted me. How masculine is it???

Oriane

Jan 15, 2015
I went looking to try Absolue Pour Le Soir a while back but none of the stores in my area that sell MFK have it. I figured it was discontinued or replaced by something else but I guess not.

It is available now on MFK's website. It is only available periodically apparently due to sourcing problems, but it is not discontinued. Cost is $156 shipped---a very reasonable price for much lauded niche fragrance compared to Lutens's bell jars for example. I have no idea how it will compare to MKK, but I am anxious to find out. :smiley:

Latest News