Ramon Monegal- Tristan (Inspired by Wagner's Tristan & Isolde)

Hermitage

Jan 4, 2017
I tend to be curious about fragrances inspired by pieces of great art, literature, music, historical figures, etc. Has anyone tried this one? It seems its been available for awhile exclusively through Spitzenhaus Parfumerie in Zurich.

Hermitage

Jan 4, 2017
A year and a half later- a surprise gift of tickets to a production of Tannhauser for next month, prompted me to bite the bullet and order a bottle (it remains available only through Spitzenhaus, which doesn't ship outside of the EU, or the Ramon Monegal flagship in Barcelona).

So, I wish I could say this brings to mind grandiose Wagnerian overtures but the only association that came to me was, in a word, Avignon. Albeit a more wearable, gentler Avignon, but this greatly resembles the CDG fragrance to the point that, much like Avignon, it proffers the mental image of Sunday Mass. Truly I wish I could say more, but the evocation is strong enough to me that it blocks everything else out, its a bit of a disappointment in that regard (though still very nice), I just can't think of an occasion to wear this. I probably would not have gotten this were I not a bit of a Wagner enthusiast (Teone Reinthal and Pierre Cardin had Tristan and Iseult themed releases, though its my understanding the supposed inspiration was the legend proper and not Wagner and his opera).

Tristan is very linear, it softens the slightest bit though there was no development I could detect. Performance seems great, tried a single spray on my forearm that I neglected to wipe off before work, twelve hours later its still there.

Latest News