Question about Dior fahrenheit edt

Cologne231

Feb 19, 2019
Hello people, is it worth to buy dior fahrenheit edt new formulations ? Hows longeviti and sillage ? I had 2014 formulation in 2014 and as i remember it was weak. Thanks in advance !

LL Cool Spray

Aug 24, 2008
Fahrenheit was the closest thing that I ever had to a signature, but there was a major reformulation in the 90s that stripped it of it's original magic and I haven't worn in it since.
I kinda wish that I never knew it from those days, so that I could enjoy the recent iterations on their own merits.

FragFrog

Oct 6, 2018
I've had the OG in the 90s and I don't think that the 2019 formulation is that bad.
The late 2018 ones are closer to the OG as I've already mentioned in my thread (see link above) - but I personally like the 2019 ones even better. That's why I bought a few backup bottles. They are really good!

ScentSensei

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Aug 21, 2020
I had a 2013 batch that had a supercharged petrol note and no sweetness whatsoever and that was my favorite. I have added several newer decants (2019/20) and to me they are both sweeter. I still enjoy them but I miss the 2013 batch and I'm sure I like Fahrenheit better due to smelling that one first.

AJ1515

Jun 1, 2020
Man I like the 2019-2020 batch that I have. Never smelled the original--I was born in 1988, so, yeah, wasn't wearing Dior in elementary school--but nothing I have ever seemed does what Fahrenheit does. I will be buying a new bottle when my 50ml is run through.

Sheik Yerbouti

oakmoss fiend
Basenotes Plus
Jul 20, 2017
I’ve tried Fahrenheit within the last year or two and it was good but not as good as it once was. The stuff was nuclear in the 80s and 90s and it was a more complex fragrance then.
I regularly wore it in the early 2000s and it was still savage then. I finished that bottle and bought another one around 2004 and that was, again, potent in character and still had that room filling quality, but I rarely reach for it these days.

If I were looking to buy a bottle now I would seek out vintage.

Sheik Yerbouti

oakmoss fiend
Basenotes Plus
Jul 20, 2017
Wait, so are you saying you still have your bottle from 2004? :oops:

Yeah, I have about a third of the bottle left but I still wear it occasionally. There are a few gems like this I prefer to keep for nostalgic reasons, so to keep those memories of the time as intact and vivid as I can I rarely wear it. When I do wear it, whoosh and I’m back there.
Cherish good times mate.

Mark.B

Aug 31, 2020
while I would never disagree that vintage Fahrenheit is a better scent, the present day Fahrenheit EDT is also great, reasonably priced and easy to get hold of.

Dont miss out just because you long for a rare bottle of vintage !

Cologne231

Feb 19, 2019
Thanks a lot to everyone for replies. P.s. one more question: which men designer fragrances are with a monster longevity and monster sillage ?

Ken_Russell

Jan 21, 2006
I have not met a version of Fahrenheit that I would describe as weak. However, YMMV.
Seconded, same here - irrespective of the version.
However also likely a question of mere luck of simply having a skin type and/or olfactory sensations and feedback always allowing the performance of any Fahrenheit version, flanker and/or vintage to always be way above averagely good.

FragFrog

Oct 6, 2018
Yeah, I have about a third of the bottle left but I still wear it occasionally.

Please keep in mind that the juice in your old bottle which probably is even opened since 15 years could have got a higher fragrance oil concentration because of evaporated alcohol (and also the loss of some more volatile top notes). So you'll certainly get the impression it's darker/fuller in the base and overall stronger when comparing to a freshly opened newer bottle.

I don't know how good the 2020, 2021 and now 2022 batches are.
It would be a shame if Dior watered them down like they did with 2020 DHI (regardless of the same formulation code like in 2019).
But the 2019 ones I've tried were really good and for me there's no need to hunt down vintage bottles.

I never go with more than 6 sprays with the 2019 one and often 4 sprays are perfectly fine.
And I get whiffs from it even above the 8 hour mark.
So it's good! :)

Sheik Yerbouti

oakmoss fiend
Basenotes Plus
Jul 20, 2017
Please keep in mind that the juice in your old bottle which probably is even opened since 15 years could have got a higher fragrance oil concentration because of evaporated alcohol (and also the loss of some more volatile top notes). So you'll certainly get the impression it's darker/fuller in the base and overall stronger when comparing to a freshly opened newer bottle.

I don't know how good the 2020, 2021 and now 2022 batches are.
It would be a shame if Dior watered them down like they did with 2020 DHI (regardless of the same formulation code like in 2019).
But the 2019 ones I've tried were really good and for me there's no need to hunt down vintage bottles.

I never go with more than 6 sprays with the 2019 one and often 4 sprays are perfectly fine.
And I get whiffs from it even above the 8 hour mark.
So it's good! :)

I appreciate your comment and take on board what you are saying about the difference/changes/more concentrated base though I remember how strong it was when I first got it. It was really quite a nuclear fragrance. I think unfortunately it has become an unwarranted cliche that recollection of earlier iterations /older bottles are always through rose-tinted glasses so many fragrance folk are dismissive of genuinely good recall. I remember it was one of the strongest fragrances I owned. No disrespect intended but I guess you had to be there...
Powerhouse really is an understatement for vintage Fahrenheit.

FragFrog

Oct 6, 2018
. I think unfortunately it has become an unwarranted cliche that recollection of earlier iterations /older bottles are always through rose-tinted glasses so many fragrance folk are dismissive of genuinely good recall. I remember it was one of the strongest fragrances I owned. No disrespect intended but I guess you had to be there...

I totally get what you're saying as I also have some older fragrances which are not the same anymore. You don't need to go back to the 90s, think about La Nuit de L'Homme, which was released in 2009... since 2016 it's not the same anymore.
I had Fahrenheit EdT in the 90s too and I know that it was a strong and bold fragrance.

Of course the current one is a bit different - but I like it and I don't think it's that weak like I've read so many times during the last years in comments.
If you enjoy the old ones and find trusted sellers who stored them properly go for it, there's nothing wrong with it.

My intention was just to post my personal opinion about it - that was also the reason why I started that Fahrenheit thread about the current formulation. To give my thoughts about it and at least recommend to give it a try if someone has the chance to. Luckily some guys did and were very happy with the new one, too. :)

Toxicon

May 29, 2021
I have the newest batch (or one of the newest, from 2021) and can attest it's very good. I hadn't kept up with the formulations over the years, but I grew up with an original vintage bottle on hand, and the new one smells nearly identical to my memory, for whatever that's worth. Good balance of green + floral + violet + leather, which combines to give a solid but not overwhelming gasoline note. It smells... exactly like Fahrenheit. Performance is still great, too. I get all day longevity from 2 sprays.

Subhuman

Jan 21, 2010
Yes. Despite all the batch code prattle, I've never detected any major differences in my bottles throughout the 2000s and 2010s. My 2019 bottle smells as good as Fahrenheit ever did, in my opinion. I get the impression that Francois Demachy (the nose at Dior) has a real fondness for Fahrenheit and is doing his best to keep it in shape.

Cologne231

Feb 19, 2019
Thanks for replies. btw today i tested adg profumo (again) and profondo lights, profondo lights is more stronger or my nose "lies" to me ? i like adg profumo more as a scent than profondo lights, but sometimes when i test profumo its very weak, sometimes its 6-8 hours very strange fragrance, and im thinkimg adg profumo, fahrenheit or profondo lights ? i understand that sillage and longevity isnt as important as the scent quality, but i dont want to pay 100$ or more and after 1 hour its "nothing" on my skin.

Toxicon

May 29, 2021
Thanks for replies. btw today i tested adg profumo (again) and profondo lights, profondo lights is more stronger or my nose "lies" to me ? i like adg profumo more as a scent than profondo lights, but sometimes when i test profumo its very weak, sometimes its 6-8 hours very strange fragrance, and im thinkimg adg profumo, fahrenheit or profondo lights ? i understand that sillage and longevity isnt as important as the scent quality, but i dont want to pay 100$ or more and after 1 hour its "nothing" on my skin.
I have no experience with those ADG fragrances, but if you're noticing variations in performance on different days, you're probably going nose blind to the scent or one of its ingredients. This happens to me with certain fragrances, particularly anything heavy on ISO E (Fahrenheit, Encre Noire, TDH, Burberry London). I've noticed it's especially problematic if I spray too close to my neck or face. The best solution I've come up with is to be mindful of where and how I apply, typically with a few sprays on my chest, maybe one on my wrists or forearms, and just experiment to find what works. It's actually worse for me if I spray heavier--I tend to go nose blind faster, though others can still smell whatever I'm wearing, so it's less about performance and more about my own ability to perceive what I'm wearing--thus it's about finding the right balance.

Latest News