Proper intro from me

Mando

Mar 10, 2020
Hello there,
I've been a long time lurker on here. I have posted in the past year on the sale/swap side mostly. I enjoy reading the Fragrance DIY board since I like to dabble in perfumery myself.
I used to be a BN member long time ago in the early 2000s; sadly I can't recall my old username on here. Those were simpler times before this current toxic social media environment we live in now. Late last year I decided to leave FB because it really felt like a one-upmanship of doom. Whether anyone wanted to admit it or not, you were always trying to show off something in your life so others could feel jealous and/or envy. Constant barrage of selfies and vanity to make one vomit. I just couldn't deal with it anymore. I even deleted my personal IG account as well. I will admit the only one I keep active is my dog's IG account since they are the only ones worth being seen, IMO.
Also, years ago in the early 2000s, I was a prolific member on the defunct fragrance forum: Perfume of Life. I used to be known under Mando Christo and Rufus T. Firefly. I miss those days. I met some really nice people on there.
As one gets older, it truly does become more difficult to gain new friends in one's life IRL or online (now it does).

Well, decided it was time to do a proper intro:

The first fragrance I bought with my own money was: Chanel Antaeus (I think it was the Sport edition of it in the splash bottle. Purchased at Nordstrom in the early 90s).

My favorite fragrances is: Currently, it is Caron Tabac Blond. I own the current parfum (which I didn't like at first since it has changed but it's growing on me now), the Eau de Parfum and Eau de Toilette (my most favorite version of it). I also love Guerlain Mitsouko. I have always loved this one since I first smelled it in the mid 80s at the May Co. in Southern CA. Another fave is L'Artisan Parfumeur Dzing! Saddens me that it was discontinued. I am grateful I was able to procure a bottle of it last year. I should've bought two of them! DRAT! I also adore Chanel Cuir de Russie and Bois des Iles. I love the classics mostly I've noticed as I get older.

My favorite fragrance note is: Patchouli. It's in everything I love and it I never tire of it. I love how Thierry Mugler Angel recharged its relevance back in the mid 90s. It was so known eons before that as being the basis for Dana's Tabu of yore. It's a love it or hate it note, I understand.

Tell us a bit about where you live (you don't have to specify where it is if you don't want to): I currently live in Henderson, Nevada. I am originally from Southern California. I miss So. Cal but I don't miss the traffic and overcrowding and insane real estate costs.

Tell us a bit about what you do for work: I currently work in the insurance industry working from home permanently.

Your favorite band / music / album: This is a hard one since I love so many. I will say I have loved Pet Shop Boys since their inception in the 80s. I've seen them twice live, once in 1999 for their Nightlife tour and then again in 2009 for their Yes album.
My current favorite artist that I love to the ends of the earth is Roisin Murphy. She is my idea of a consummate artist when it comes to fashion, music, and a "IDGAF" attitude about being a pop star. She doesn't take herself seriously which I love.
I am currently into Electroclash from the early 2000s. EC artists such as Peaches, Fischerspooner, Le Tigre, David Carretta, Playgroup, The Rapture, Tiga, Hong Kong Counterfeit, Miss Kittin & The Hacker, Adult., Felix da Housecat to name a few. It was such a short period of time for this music. It was energetic, dirty, loud, fuzzy synth, crazy, and fun. I am currently collecting any and/or all of it to listen on my Ipod Touch (yes, I have one of those! LOL!!! I have always loved them. I've had so many of them throughout the years).

Your favorite TV Shows: Oh, Lord, another hard one. One show that I loved that I had seen during the throes of the pandemic was one I hadn't seen when it was on originally on air "Halt & Catch Fire". Such a fun and heartfelt series about the early makers of the internet. Some of the best writing and acting, IMO. Hated that it ended, it was one of those shows for me.
There are so many others but I blank out when I try to think of their name, UGH! Oh, wait a minute! I did love Dexter! I am currently enjoying the reboot Dexter: New Blood.

Your favorite Movies: Mommie Dearest! Hahahaha, I love campy movies. "I Should Have Known You’d Know Where to Find the Booze and the Boys!"

Your favorite podcasts: You Must Remember This by Karina Longworth and The Department Podcast: A podcast on Taste and Trends. To name a few.

Your favorite food: Italian.

Do you have any pets? I have two adorable Yorkshire Terriers. Ollie is a boy and 3 & 1/2 years old and Dezi is a girl and 2 years old. They are in my avatar here.

What's your best party trick? Does leaving count? Hahahaha

What would you consider your personality type? I consider myself a self deprecating individual. I like to make fun of myself mostly. I do love the dry sarcastic sense of humor.

Well, those are some things I thought I'd share with you all.

Thanks for reading.

JON RODGERS

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Dec 5, 2007
Great intro, Mando !.

welcome-spin-animated.gif

With you all the way on Tabac Blond (y)

Latest News