Profumum- Tagete, new- review

kumquat

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jan 31, 2006
This is new from Profumum- Tagete supposedly a marigold scent. Marigolds are dusty, musty smelling, not at all pleasant. This is heavily supported by Jasmine and tuberose. I rather like it but I wonder if it is different enough from something such as Miller Harris- Geranium Bourbon to warrant the hefty price. I do like the creamy texture here, though. It has a deep, juicy heft to it, considering how 'girly' it is- thanks to the Vetiver and moss. I hope some of you can try it and let me know what you think.

http://www.luckyscent.com/product/33939/tagete-by-profumum

undated_CXL_wintermatigold1.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2012
Oh, this does look interesting! I will have to seek a sample and report back. Kumquat, have you noticed the different scent profile in the various cultivars of marigolds? I grew some small signet types one year and they had a lovely citrus tinged scent that was much less potent and harsh. Then there is a lovely bush type, Tagetes lemmonii, which has an interesting minty-citrus odor. Of course, Tagetes lucida is commonly called Mexican Tarragon, due to the anisic tarragon scent, but that one is hardly classed as a marigold I suppose. I wonder if the "marigold" note featured in this scent is based on one of the more perfumey types and not the really stinky ones. I look forward to finding this one to sniff! :)

kumquat

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jan 31, 2006
They are easy to find in your local garden center. But, they are not in season. Look in the spring.

I have tried this again and I'm thinking it's mostly a big tuberose. I'm not sure I need another tuberose scent. Nothing compares to Cartier-Panthére ​which I just got in a back-up bottle.

Perfumania - America's Leading Perfumery Chain!

Latest News