Potential September "perfume tour" in Paris

zubi

May 24, 2012
Hello All,

I am leaving Europe for East Africa at the end of September, and have been planning to drive from the Netherlands to France, and then grab myself some exclusives just before I go.

It suddenly hit me a while ago that this would be a nice experience to share with other perfume lovers. I know it's very last-minute, but I thought it'd be nice to get a tiny informal group of us. I think the experience will be fantastic; meeting like-minded individuals in Paris - even if we don't end up buying much, it will be fun.

Here are the details of my ideas in short:

1. 2-4 days. Of course, stay on longer if you want!
  2. We can stay in a (cheaper) hotel on the outskirts. I have a car, and can drive to Paris every morning (then park my car the whole day at an awesome parking garage I know). Of course, stay in Paris if you are more comfortable with that! The option is there though.
  3. To those who have heard of the notorious driving in Paris - I have years of experience of driving (or should I say road-bullying) in East Africa. Paris was a relief when we went 3 weeks ago. :D I'm a careful driver, but know my way around rough ones.
  4. Places to visit: I thought it might be nice to go to some of the places named in the perfume "pilgrimage" outlined here and here.
  5. Any ladies in the Netherlands who would like to grab a ride with me, I am willing to take you (as long as you help pay for some of the petrol (it costs less than 100 euro to get to France). I have a car which fits 6+ people... So please chime in! As for gents - if there is a lady (or a few ladies) traveling with us, I am happy to take you. I am not too comfortable taking a man (who I have met online) alone if there is no one traveling with us, however. I hope you understand.
  6. If any ladies are interested, we can also split room costs (more cash towards perfume!). This will be nice if quite a few ladies are coming to Paris without a partner.
  7. Some convincing tactics: If you are anywhere in Europe, see this as a mini-break that you definitely deserve.... ;) If you are in the USA, well, then see it as a slightly expensive mini-break. :p

Do let me know what you think. Any suggestions are welcomed. :)

Last edited:

Fleurine

Basenotes Dependent
Apr 14, 2011
I wish I could come! I have wanted to do this for the longest time...but September is not good for me. Good luck though, great idea!

ladymurasaki

Basenotes Junkie
Jan 29, 2012
Oh, I wish I could, but I'll be in Tokyo half of September, then it's Berlin for me. I am planning a visit in December though.

Foustie

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Apr 1, 2010
Oh Zubi! I would have been so into this and Paris is not far for me, but September this year is no good. I hope that you work something out with some people.

lucasai

Basenotes Dependent
Mar 3, 2012
Aaaah... I'm envious for your trip to Paris! I've never been there even though it's less than a one-day travel for me to get there. Have no founds and no perfume friends to allow myself to visit and have a perfume spree :sad: I'm a poor student with a poor budget.

alfarom

Power Where You Need It
Basenotes Plus
Mar 4, 2011
Sounds like fun, Zubi...

If you're interested check my Paris Report here....It doesn't come with addresses but you can always google them....

zubi

May 24, 2012
I wish I could come! I have wanted to do this for the longest time...but September is not good for me. Good luck though, great idea!

Noooo :(

Great idea! Wish I could come with. Have fun

:(

Really really sounds like fun!

Whats up in East Africa?

Well it's my home :) (Did you mean to ask why I'm going there?)

Oh, I wish I could, but I'll be in Tokyo half of September, then it's Berlin for me. I am planning a visit in December though.

Aww shame! Berlin's not far.... *this is your conscience speaking*

Oh Zubi! I would have been so into this and Paris is not far for me, but September this year is no good. I hope that you work something out with some people.

What a shame! :(

Oh dear I would love to have joined you but will be in Barcelona for half of September

Well the other half is always an option!

Aaaah... I'm envious for your trip to Paris! I've never been there even though it's less than a one-day travel for me to get there. Have no founds and no perfume friends to allow myself to visit and have a perfume spree :sad: I'm a poor student with a poor budget.

Noooo it would have been awesome to meet you! Maybe look around for deals? You never know....

Sounds like fun, Zubi...

If you're interested check my Paris Report here....It doesn't come with addresses but you can always google them....

Thank you! Enjoyed reading that :)

lucasai

Basenotes Dependent
Mar 3, 2012
I'd love to meet with you too Zubi. I believe will get to that point one day in the future :)

ExtremeK

Some of my paths in life are dirt
Basenotes Plus
Jul 5, 2010
Ack! :cry: I already have 2 mini-trips planned for September (both in the US), so I'm afraid I don't have room in my calendar or budget for a trip to Paris. But, my goodness, I would *love* to do this sometime. I've never been to Paris and so would love to see it with someone who knows it. Next year has possibilities ... :smiley:

zubi

May 24, 2012
Ack! :cry: I already have 2 mini-trips planned for September (both in the US), so I'm afraid I don't have room in my calendar or budget for a trip to Paris. But, my goodness, I would *love* to do this sometime. I've never been to Paris and so would love to see it with someone who knows it. Next year has possibilities ... :smiley:

Awww :(

It seems I should have prepared this one in advance...

matildaben

Basenotes Dependent
Mar 21, 2011
I'll be in Paris for 3 weeks in April or May (date yet TBD) and would be interested in meeting up with anyone who is there at that time.

zubi

May 24, 2012
I'll be in Paris for 3 weeks in April or May (date yet TBD) and would be interested in meeting up with anyone who is there at that time.

Shame it's not the timeframe mentioned at the beginning of my thread... :(

lucasai

Basenotes Dependent
Mar 3, 2012
I'm really sorry everyone has other plans!

We'll get to Paris together one day, I promise! :kiss:

rtamara41

Basenotes Dependent
Oct 17, 2006
this would be my dream meetup, zubi, oh dear, if only I were living in the Netherlands, I would drive down with you fearlessly...wah!

Latest News