Post A Picture of Your Scents

Status
Not open for further replies.

saam16

Aug 6, 2006
I remember someone started this thread and I enjoyed it very much. We should do it again. So please post a picture of your collection.

madvillain

Feb 1, 2005
I think that's a great idea too, I enjoyed those threads. I'll definitely get a picture tomorrow for this.

apekrul

Jul 25, 2005
This one is a few months old but I'll take a new picture this evening ;)

ijskaske_klein.JPG

shifts

Jun 3, 2005
apekrul said:
This one is a few months old but I'll take a new picture this evening ;)

Wow, coffee beans! Does it work? Never tried it myself... Oh and I can spot those Montale samples there!

apekrul

Jul 25, 2005
The coffeebeans do overpower everything else in my fridge, so the only thing you smell upon opening the door is... coffee :D

costello

Mar 10, 2006
I also like this kind of thread very much and I would like to contribute with a photo of my collection. So how du you insert a photo directly into the post?

Christian

greyhueofdoubt

Mar 10, 2006
Here are some poorly-stitched panoramas of my collection. Sorry about the lighting.

Top shelf:

topshelf.jpg

Bottom shelf:

bottomshelf.jpg

The PopTart box holds most of my samples. The small bottles in front of it are some perfume oils and decants.

-ben

narcus

Mar 9, 2005
Lightninrod said:
No....(see the pic above and this one)
But it must be on your PC and stored at a hosting site such as www.photobucket.com .
Don't have any of my scents right now.
Dan
Doesn't matter, I love the shot !! I will experiment with pb then. When was doing the Zurich Shopping Guide, I could not insert pictures.
:angry:So I resigned to linking only, and it still looks like a construction site! I would like to add one taken in theTauer shop recently. I use Firefox.

narcus

Mar 9, 2005
greyhueofdoubt said:
Here are some poorly-stitched panoramas of my collection. Sorry about the lighting. The PopTart box holds most of my samples. The small bottles in front of it are some perfume oils and decants. ... -ben
Cool composition! And what a delicious mess! I wouldn't mind being locked in that room for 24h !
yonggoh said:
...I will have to find an alternative way to display more bottles soon without looking tacky or messy
This is an aesthetic masterpiece! Very nice photographs, and beautiful for the European eye. You just inspired me!

Last edited:

greyhueofdoubt

Mar 10, 2006
I love seeing these pictures. It's like seeing a picture of a good friend in the newspaper or something: "Hey! It's my friend Rive Gauche, looks like he's been hanging out with HackerX et al!"

Someone with more spare time than me should take it upon themselves to take pictures of their bottles to fill in the blanks in the Basenotes Directory.

-ben

rach2jlc

May 17, 2006
Nice collection, Costello. I see many "old friends" in there. ;)

But, it looks like your freezer is trying to eat your decants. Thaw that sucker out, or else you'll find your Coriolan enveloped in ice!!! j/k

costello

Mar 10, 2006
rach2jlc said:
But, it looks like your freezer is trying to eat your decants. Thaw that sucker out, or else you'll find your Coriolan enveloped in ice!!! j/k

You are right. It looks like my fragrances have to spend a nice 2-day vacation in my regular fridge while thawing their home.

Johnny_V

Nov 12, 2004
Well here's my collection. I too also used photobucket. :)

The Wine Cooler
perfume_cooler1.jpg

Decants and Samples
decants_minis1.jpg

MadScientist

Sep 12, 2004
Johnny_V -

DAMN nice display! And a whole shelf devoted to Creed. That shelf alone looks like it's worth well over $1500! You have the temp set about the same as my fridg but mine is not near as perty.

mochi227

Dec 2, 2006
Johnny_V!!! That's what's up!, as we say in NYC! :D

I do not have a digital camera right now. As soon as I do I will join this thread. I am very impressed with the mini fridges for storage. Nice work!

Johnny_V

Nov 12, 2004
Thanks everyone for your comments.

Supermarky - I got it at Second Cup Cafe for about $10-$15 CAD.

MadScientist - It's alot more than that - I got most of the stuff at an auth dealer here in Canada. 3 are testers and 3 were purchased online with a discount. The rest are all legit. As for the temperature - I set it at 15C - but since I was openning and closing the door taking different pics - the temp went down. I set it on 15 but the unit varies between 12 and 16 degrees. At 16 degrees the motor kicks in and stops at about 12-13. The unit itself can go as low as 5C.

I wish I had gotten the bigger cooler - the one that's the size of a fridge. The problem with this unit is that there are too many bottles (or the unit itself is not big enough) - it's a pain to try and get something in back. Not to mention that I always got to bend over to get something inside it.

Anyways - keep posting

HackerX

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Oct 21, 2004
Wow John, that is killer! Mirella must be happy to have a customer like you no? lol :D

Can i come to your house and raid your smellies? Hehehe :D

*drooling*

boy that is a lot of Creeds!!!!

:D:D

Kakihara

Aug 3, 2005
A stupid question from a neophyte:

What is the best way to keep the fragance bottles in perfect conditions? A dry place? Cold compartiment? Maybe a fridge? At what temperature?

I dont have idea!!

shifts

Jun 3, 2005
Dan, I've never seen you say anything about your Dorissima Narziß or maybe I haven't been paying attention. Lovely fragrance and not very talked about. I wish it was a part of my wardrobe...

rtamara41

Oct 17, 2006
Gentlemen,

I am duly impressed and strangely aroused by these photos.
I find them very compelling.
Endearing and SEXY. ;)

Rockford

Jan 27, 2005
My goodness, these are nice pictures! Amazing, wonderful, inspiring pictures! I have enjoyed looking at your pictures so much! Thanks to each one of you for posting these pictures. I don't have a camera, but suddenly I see a good reason to get one.

I am surprised to see so many refrigerators and even a wine cooler. I had no idea so many Basenoters were using refrigerators or coolers to store the bottles of their wardrobes. It just so happens that my fragrance storage situation has been getting awfully crowded, and also I might be moving to a new home soon. Hmmm, maybe I should buy a new fridge and just have it delivered directly to my new home.

Last edited:

radix023

Apr 4, 2006
I've got to give it to Johnny_V for 'most organized'!

I take the 'no light' rule pretty serious, which is how I picked my current home for fragrance. I took two shots, one in on the bottles and one to show what they're in:

I'm still waiting on my Agatha Brown's to arrive. :(

radix023

Apr 4, 2006
Kakihara said:
A stupid question from a neophyte:

What is the best way to keep the fragance bottles in perfect conditions? A dry place? Cold compartiment? Maybe a fridge? At what temperature?

I dont have idea!!
The two main things seem to be light and heat. Cold and dark is good. If I stop being lazy and clean out my old dormroom fridge, I'll use it.

There was a thread a while ago saying that the Grasse Institute keeps their reference stores in cold storage, but I can't remember if a specific temperature and/or humidity were specified.

GraySwan

Mar 17, 2006
God, I love looking at pictures of other peoples wardrobes. I swear, it's like getting a contact high! Awesome pic's guys. I need to get out my camera and snap a few myself.

Kim

Scentsibility

Nov 11, 2006
John,

You will have to live to be 100 to use all of that cologne!
You should decant many samples and send them to me! :)

Paul

rach2jlc said:
The pic I posted earlier was a little blurry, so here's a little clearer one of what I'm using now...

DSC01986.jpg

linnea

Nov 19, 2006
AUUUUGH! I LOVE seeing piccies of other people's wardrobes! Talk about awesome and fun! :p And all those gorgeous bottles...I think I have wardrobe envy. My bell jar of MKK hasn't arrived from Paris yet, so I think I'll wait to take a 'drobe photo when she arrives.

rach2jlc

May 17, 2006
Scentsibility said:
John,

You will have to live to be 100 to use all of that cologne!
You should decant many samples and send them to me! :)

Paul

Thanks, Paul. The sad thing about it is that's just one room (I didn't even get into the bathroom, where I keep a lot of daily-use frags) in my apartment here in the 'states... at my closet-sized apartment in Japan there's even more...

So, (INSERT SHAMELESS SELF-PROMOTION HERE), that's much of the reason why I've put so many decants for offer in the swap/sales forum. After doing an inventory over the holidays, I realize that I'm just never going to use all of it. After a while, you find yourself asking, "how did I end up with this much stuff?"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News