Post a Picture of Your Scents - 2022

N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer

Retired
Basenotes Plus
Jul 1, 2011

My Decants

I buy multiple 1.5-2.0ml samples of a fragrance, then decant them into 30ml bottles. With the prices for full bottles, 30ml makes sense... especially at my age. My favorites are CdG Black and C-B Cuirs, both of which are FBW; Cartier Pasha just arrived today... haven't even tried it (after all, it is "Vetiver Wednesday").

View attachment 236395
Nicely displayed (y)

hednic

Basenotes Institution
Oct 25, 2007
These are the current frequently worn parfums on the tray, plus an Angel Nova edp mini in the same area based on size.

image1.jpeg
Very nice!

N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer

Retired
Basenotes Plus
Jul 1, 2011
View attachment 239177
This is just a fun little picture but I think I’m going to have to start separating by brand to get aesthetically pleasing pictures… I had to keep removing frags from this because it’s so cluttered…. And it’s still cluttered lol
Nicely displayed. Looking forward to seeing more photos (y)

freewheelingvagabond

Basenotes Institution
Jun 10, 2012
View attachment 231866
The Dior Homme Original has been relegated, I just couldn't get on with the cacao.
Frozen Vetiver gives me a sharp headache feeling so also gone, annoying as I had hoped for another Guerlain keeper.
I removed the metal part of Hermes Voyage EDT because I found it cumbersome.
Backup bottle of Ideal Cologne, first backup I've ever bought. It's such an easy and long lasting scent, nothing challenging. I'm almost annoyed at how much I have grown to like it, it just smells dam good even if it doesn't have the French artistry I enjoy from the other Guerlains.
Heritage is a memory, that's a second bottle, worn for about 5 years as my main scent many years ago.
Habit Rouge EDT I've come to love, can't stand it if it's warm so benched for summer.

Samples that almost made it -
Tabac Vert
L'Air du Desert Marocain
CdG 2 (the women's/unisex one)

For the keen eyed there's a vintage Polo Green I found on eBay, whilst it doesn't fit my aesthetic I think it's absolutely divine. First time I have felt the vintage superior to current, not something I'd normally seek out.

Haven't found a fragrance that's "Me" for a long time and maybe that's just how the hobby evolves, I'm at the stage of wearing scents I enjoy for what they evoke in me and what I want that day. Definitely a perfume snob :p
Thanks for looking and reading.
Wonderful photo. I like that you took off some of the caps, brings a certain unspoken dynamism to the picture, makes it more alive.

the_good_life

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jun 2, 2006

Latest News