Redneck Perfumisto

League of Cycloöctadiene Isomer Aestheticists
Basenotes Plus
Feb 27, 2008
You’re right, seasonal it is! 👍
Top shelf is for cold weather scents
Middle is for year-rounders
Bottom shelf is for hot weather scents

I did not make it like that on purpose, but it’s true that my stinkiest scents seems to have all gone to the “year-round” shelf in the middle! Good guess ;)

LOL! I almost got the seasons right, but I was stuck on “why the heck is Kouros for spring and fall - I love it in the summer, but it’s just as good in winter, and most people think it’s stinky year-round. Maybe that’s the stinky shelf. But Eau Sauvage? Must be primo vintage to stink good!”

In practice, I classify my scents the same way. I try to get as many as possible into year-round use, but the rest fall into summer or winter mostly.

Borzoi

Nordandoft
Basenotes Plus
May 27, 2020
In practice, I classify my scents the same way. I try to get as many as possible into year-round use, but the rest fall into summer or winter mostly.
Yes, one big reason for why I collect like this is to prevent my summer collection from taking over…. Citrus scents are just so incredibly gorgeous that I could probably own hundreds that are just slightly different 😁

N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer

Retired
Basenotes Plus
Jul 1, 2011
Here’s my cabinet, or “scent wardrobe”. I also have backups of some of these scents, a few aftershaves in the bathroom, and a whole load of decants / samples, but this is the heart of my perfume interest.
I try to keep my wardrobe to these 21 scents, so if a new one enters, an old one leaves. This is to keep my wardrobe focused and for it to not grow way too big.

The different shelves in the wardrobe actually have different “themes”; can anyone guess what those themes are? ;)

View attachment 206184
Wonderfully displayed, lots of good classics here.

fanny

Basenotes Dependent
Aug 25, 2015
full

June 2022

bgoc

The Ultimate Smell
Basenotes Plus
Jan 2, 2011
I am looking to reorganise my collection. If anybody has a great display example posted in any of the previous threads, please share some pictures.

I will add some bottles whilst we are at it :D

N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer

Retired
Basenotes Plus
Jul 1, 2011

the_good_life

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jun 2, 2006
That is awesome.

Are those three flacons Angelique Encens and Royal Scottish Lavender?
Thanks, my wife usually comments "This is madness" 😀 - and I cannot entirely disagree.

That's RSL, Sélection Verte and Bois de Santal. Actually this was a good investment, in the golden Noughts, when Creed was actively servicing the grey market you could get the all the 75ml testers for around € 35-50 on ebay Germany and the 8oz bottles were around $ 100-150 from the US. Couldn't have built that stash otherwise.

Foxsbiscuits

Oct 8, 2003
PXL_20220609_075607090.jpg
The Dior Homme Original has been relegated, I just couldn't get on with the cacao.
Frozen Vetiver gives me a sharp headache feeling so also gone, annoying as I had hoped for another Guerlain keeper.
I removed the metal part of Hermes Voyage EDT because I found it cumbersome.
Backup bottle of Ideal Cologne, first backup I've ever bought. It's such an easy and long lasting scent, nothing challenging. I'm almost annoyed at how much I have grown to like it, it just smells dam good even if it doesn't have the French artistry I enjoy from the other Guerlains.
Heritage is a memory, that's a second bottle, worn for about 5 years as my main scent many years ago.
Habit Rouge EDT I've come to love, can't stand it if it's warm so benched for summer.

Samples that almost made it -
Tabac Vert
L'Air du Desert Marocain
CdG 2 (the women's/unisex one)

For the keen eyed there's a vintage Polo Green I found on eBay, whilst it doesn't fit my aesthetic I think it's absolutely divine. First time I have felt the vintage superior to current, not something I'd normally seek out.

Haven't found a fragrance that's "Me" for a long time and maybe that's just how the hobby evolves, I'm at the stage of wearing scents I enjoy for what they evoke in me and what I want that day. Definitely a perfume snob :p
Thanks for looking and reading.

fanny

Basenotes Dependent
Aug 25, 2015

N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer

Retired
Basenotes Plus
Jul 1, 2011
Thanks, my wife usually comments "This is madness" 😀 - and I cannot entirely disagree.

That's RSL, Sélection Verte and Bois de Santal. Actually this was a good investment, in the golden Noughts, when Creed was actively servicing the grey market you could get the all the 75ml testers for around € 35-50 on ebay Germany and the 8oz bottles were around $ 100-150 from the US. Couldn't have built that stash otherwise.
I really wanted to like Bois de Santal, the animalic opening was a bit too much for me. It's rare as hen's teeth.

fanny

Basenotes Dependent
Aug 25, 2015
View attachment 231866
The Dior Homme Original has been relegated, I just couldn't get on with the cacao.
Frozen Vetiver gives me a sharp headache feeling so also gone, annoying as I had hoped for another Guerlain keeper.
I removed the metal part of Hermes Voyage EDT because I found it cumbersome.
Backup bottle of Ideal Cologne, first backup I've ever bought. It's such an easy and long lasting scent, nothing challenging. I'm almost annoyed at how much I have grown to like it, it just smells dam good even if it doesn't have the French artistry I enjoy from the other Guerlains.
Heritage is a memory, that's a second bottle, worn for about 5 years as my main scent many years ago.
Habit Rouge EDT I've come to love, can't stand it if it's warm so benched for summer.

Samples that almost made it -
Tabac Vert
L'Air du Desert Marocain
CdG 2 (the women's/unisex one)

For the keen eyed there's a vintage Polo Green I found on eBay, whilst it doesn't fit my aesthetic I think it's absolutely divine. First time I have felt the vintage superior to current, not something I'd normally seek out.

Haven't found a fragrance that's "Me" for a long time and maybe that's just how the hobby evolves, I'm at the stage of wearing scents I enjoy for what they evoke in me and what I want that day. Definitely a perfume snob :p
Thanks for looking and reading.
I like it!

JBHoren

I *am* smiling
Basenotes Plus
Apr 25, 2007

My Decants

I buy multiple 1.5-2.0ml samples of a fragrance, then decant them into 30ml bottles. With the prices for full bottles, 30ml makes sense... especially at my age. My favorites are CdG Black and C-B Cuirs, both of which are FBW; Cartier Pasha just arrived today... haven't even tried it (after all, it is "Vetiver Wednesday").

Decants.png

fanny

Basenotes Dependent
Aug 25, 2015

My Decants

I buy multiple 1.5-2.0ml samples of a fragrance, then decant them into 30ml bottles. With the prices for full bottles, 30ml makes sense... especially at my age. My favorites are CdG Black and C-B Cuirs, both of which are FBW; Cartier Pasha just arrived today... haven't even tried it (after all, it is "Vetiver Wednesday").

View attachment 236395
Neat, I like it!

hednic

Basenotes Institution
Oct 25, 2007

My Decants

Decants.png
Very nice!

Latest News