Poor Longevity with Diptyque

QpQ

Jun 14, 2022
I've tried out many Diptyque fragrances and really liked Tempo, Tam Dao, and Eau Capitale. Unfortunately, they only last around 3-4 hours on my skin despite being EDP concentration.

I've heard good things about this fragrances lasting 8 hours from some people so I assume I might be getting anosmic to them but I"m not sure.

Nom de Guerre

Basenotes Dependent
Jan 2, 2020
I have Tempo and 34 Boulevard St. Germain.
Tempo lasts a long time but doesn't project that much, I can smell it for days on my clothes.
34 Boulevard St. Germain is the same but projects a lot more.
At the moment I'm waiting on samples of Eau Rihla and Opsis.

hednic

Basenotes Institution
Oct 25, 2007
I've heard good things about this fragrances lasting 8 hours from some people so I assume I might be getting anosmic to them but I"m not sure.
That could very well be the case. How many sprays do you use?

cacio

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Nov 5, 2010
I have no experience with the ones you mention-Eau capitale didn't seem that strong when I tried it in store. Other Diptyques didn't seem to have a lot of longevity, but others do on me (eg Philosykos and Ombre dans l'eau edp)

Renato

Basenotes Institution
Oct 21, 2002
I tested the Diptyque ones that were around back in the mid-2000s, and saw that - like your experience - they only lasted three or four hours on my wrists/ back of hands. So I haven't bothered with them since. I just figured that was their style of scent, and it didn't suit me.
Cheers,
Renato

Latest News

Whatever your taste in perfume, we've got you covered...

catalogue your collection, keep track of your perfume wish-list, log your daily fragrance wears, review your latest finds, seek out long-lost scented loves, keep track of the latest perfume news, find your new favourite fragrance, and discuss perfume with like-minded people from all over the world...