Pineward Perfumes

Martin__

Dec 18, 2021
Test: Glühwein

It smells a little like a scented candle, but not a fall scented candle. It is a typical scented candle that reminds me of Christmas time.
Opening is a little boozy - melange of sweet fruit wine and a bunch of spices. Then it settles down and gets almost linear. Very cozy, comforting and pleasing. Detectable notes to me are: dark belgian chocolate, boozy alcohol accord, spices (vanilla, nutmeg, cloves, cinnamon among others).

I think I'll consider a bottle around fall/winter time.

Martin__

Dec 18, 2021
Direct test: Fanghorn II vs Murkwood

This test is also intriguing for me and I try coming back to it often in different weather circumstances.

Fanghorn II: Opens up with bright conifers but soon gets a little bit darker. Within time there's not much really going on. I would call this an essence (or maybe quintessence :D ) of a forest in a bottle.
Murkwood: okay, this is significantly darker than Fanghorn II. Opens up with heavy conifers right away mixed with tree resins and juices. There is a prominent smoky note hanging around - not sure what it is though. I also detect some kind of spice - either it's a lot of black pepper or maybe slight touch of nutmeg - it's surely not cinnamon nor cloves. Within time it gets heavier and much more woody*. I get that famous (for me it's famous) fire/fireside note that I associated Murkwood with ever since I got the little sprayer decant around fall 2021. My bottle is with me since Jan or beginning of Feb 2022.

*On my skin Murkwood is also significantly heavier than Slumberhouse Norne. How? You tell me. I don't know.

Can't wait to get my hands on Nocturnis! Planning to finally purchase Brokilan too, but I don't know when.

Scent Detective

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Dec 15, 2015
Direct test: Fanghorn II vs Murkwood

This test is also intriguing for me and I try coming back to it often in different weather circumstances.

Fanghorn II: Opens up with bright conifers but soon gets a little bit darker. Within time there's not much really going on. I would call this an essence (or maybe quintessence :D ) of a forest in a bottle.
Murkwood: okay, this is significantly darker than Fanghorn II. Opens up with heavy conifers right away mixed with tree resins and juices. There is a prominent smoky note hanging around - not sure what it is though. I also detect some kind of spice - either it's a lot of black pepper or maybe slight touch of nutmeg - it's surely not cinnamon nor cloves. Within time it gets heavier and much more woody*. I get that famous (for me it's famous) fire/fireside note that I associated Murkwood with ever since I got the little sprayer decant around fall 2021. My bottle is with me since Jan or beginning of Feb 2022.

*On my skin Murkwood is also significantly heavier than Slumberhouse Norne. How? You tell me. I don't know.

Can't wait to get my hands on Nocturnis! Planning to finally purchase Brokilan too, but I don't know when.
Murkwood has a lot of incense in it as well as the conifers. In fact, it was originally called Incense and Fir before the name was changed to Murkwood.

Latest News