Perfumes and prop hire

Jan 24, 2023
Hello

I just wanted to introduce myself. I have a Prop Hire business and have a lot of fragrances, lotions and potions, etc, in my stock which I frequently try to date so that I can offer informed advice when I am hiring products to production companies. Apart from amassing a rather lovely collection of smells, I struggle when trying to identify the correct date for the product. Undoubtedly there is a wealth of information on this forum and I have already enjoyed some of the threads I have read through. There are very knowledgeable people in this group and just in case I do not comment much I just want to take this opportunity to thank them for sharing their expertise.

grayspoole

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Feb 4, 2014
Welcome to Basenotes! What an interesting profession! What project was the most challenging for you?

Perhaps you are already familiar with it, but there is a very entertaining website, Born to be Unicorn, that explores perfumed and cosmetics seen in films, video, and promotional photographs.

Jan 24, 2023
Hello Grayspoole. I am a fairly new company as we have only been open for just over a year: West Lea Prop Hire Ltd. We've just made a large quantity of reproduction confectionery from a relatively recent period which was challenging as so many products are wrapped in a foil type plastic which is hard to copy. Its fun to be able to come up with unusual items out of the blue. We had a request for a 1990's Purdey's drink bottle as well as a San Pellegrino from the same era. It was great to be able to say we had those products - so many things are recycled now getting hold of modern packaging is hard.

Latest News

Whatever your taste in perfume, we've got you covered...

catalogue your collection, keep track of your perfume wish-list, log your daily fragrance wears, review your latest finds, seek out long-lost scented loves, keep track of the latest perfume news, find your new favourite fragrance, and discuss perfume with like-minded people from all over the world...