Perfumery course.

AlexMeno

Oct 12, 2020
Is Perfumersworld online professional course ($1190 without their kit as I already own about 300RM) worth taking? Has anyone ever done it? It has 10 units and they suggest spending about 1month per unit.
Thank you guys.

Bill Roberts

Mar 1, 2013
They will teach you a system no professional Perfumer uses and which you would need to abandon to advance. Therefore I would say absolutely not worth it.

AlexMeno

Oct 12, 2020
Do you have any other suggestion where I could study it more profoundly? I have been doing 3/4 hours a day of perfumery for 7 months and I feel like I stagnated. I am willing to pay so doesn't have to be free.

Bill Roberts

Mar 1, 2013
I am afraid not but perhaps others do. For most or nearly all here who have not enrolled in a school in France or served apprenticeships, it's a matter of finding what one can wherever one can and doing a lot of work.

4160Tuesdays

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Aug 30, 2009
Hi Alex, I run some classes. I've been making fragrances for 10 years and I like to share the way I do it. I have a self-study course at www.scenthusiasm.school which you might like to look at. You probably have loads of materials already so there's no need to buy anything from me to get started.

Bill Roberts

Mar 1, 2013
4160, just took a look at your site and while it's a quick look, I am quite impressed already.

It may seem stupid to anyone else for me to take this as a sign, and maybe some smart people would call it "confirmation bias," but while I have never said so on the forum actually I have never really liked anyone's list for "First 100 Aromamaterials" or what-have-you, including offered kits. They always had quite a lot of materials I strongly would not think great early choices for a beginner, and had sad lacks in my opinion. Looking at them, I'd almost cry if that's what I had to work with.

However, as the saying goes everyone has an opinion and I had no particular qualifications on that so I never said anything.

But I look at at that merely-64-ingredients list and for the first time ever on seeing such a list I am happy, quite happy on seeing it. If you took all my stuff away that I've spent years collecting and told me "For the next month work with just this" I'd say, that sounds like fun! I know I can really do well with these!

So if that's a sign on your insight or style, and to me it is (even if that's irrational or inadequate) I'm already a fan of your school.

Of course there are better indicators also such as your successes, but I'm going on something I saw for myself that impressed me personally very favorably.

BonyMontana

Jan 19, 2020
Hi Alex, I run some classes. I've been making fragrances for 10 years and I like to share the way I do it. I have a self-study course at www.scenthusiasm.school which you might like to look at. You probably have loads of materials already so there's no need to buy anything from me to get started.

This is awesome. I will be signing up soon and will stop buying material to put toward the class. I have a a good amount of material as well but having more doesn't hurt. I look forward to taking this course in the very near future.

Latest News