Perfumed Deodorant?

Starblind

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Oct 2, 2013
I've seen some vintage fragrances that are referred to/labelled as "Perfumed Deodorant." Does anyone know what kind of concentration this might actually be?

Thanks in advance!

PotassiumSnow

Jun 13, 2021
I looked at a few I have stored here for my mother. Most of the range from 70-80% vol. But some of the weird looking aerosol spray cans say 55% on them.

Starblind

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Oct 2, 2013
I looked at a few I have stored here for my mother. Most of the range from 70-80% vol. But some of the weird looking aerosol spray cans say 55% on them.

Thank you for this information!

The ones I've seen are all in glass and appear to be akin to what we might call "body sprays" now, I guess. But 70-80% alcohol makes them even more potent than EDTs, right?

Cook.bot

Common Lackey
Basenotes Plus
Jan 6, 2012
The ones I've seen are all in glass and appear to be akin to what we might call "body sprays" now, I guess. But 70-80% alcohol makes them even more potent than EDTs, right?

Maybe, but I seem to recall reading that deodorant formulations often lack the fixatives that anchor a perfume to our skin.

Bavard

Wearing Perfume Right Now
Basenotes Plus
Jul 20, 2015
I just have one of them, Cristalle Deodorante.

E119CC0C-D300-4FA4-B38F-82CFC2835205.jpg

It's a nice perfume.

VCAPH

Aug 28, 2017
Not sure about chanel, but for the cheapies lke Lambourginhi fragrances anything that says deoderent is lower than EDC
Its basically a bodyspray , longevity less than 30 mins

Bavard

Wearing Perfume Right Now
Basenotes Plus
Jul 20, 2015
Do you know what it's alcohol content is? In your opinion, does it wear like an EDT or a cologne, or even lighter?

I can not find any information about the alcohol content (or anything else). It lasts a long time, I would say. I wore it the day I posted the picture above, and I couldn't put on another perfume until the late afternoon.

Starblind

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Oct 2, 2013
I can not find any information about the alcohol content (or anything else). It lasts a long time, I would say. I wore it the day I posted the picture above, and I couldn't put on another perfume until the late afternoon.

Wow, it seems as if this 'deodorant' designation is something of a mystery.

Ken_Russell

Jan 21, 2006
Based on strictly personal experience (s) alone, got decent to downright very good experiences with the incidentally vintage versions of perfumed deodorants belonging to the fragrance lines of Worth Je Reviens, Yardley English Lavender and also Yardley Gold, Joop Le Bain, Maja by Myrurgia, as well as from a few sturdy vintage budget masculines like Brut, Caractere, regular classic Old Spice.
In all of these cases regarding both the sheer enjoyment at the actual quality of this fragrance concentration, while the performance was nearly as good too.

Starblind

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Oct 2, 2013
Based on strictly personal experience (s) alone, got decent to downright very good experiences with the incidentally vintage versions of perfumed deodorants belonging to the fragrance lines of Worth Je Reviens, Yardley English Lavender and also Yardley Gold, Joop Le Bain, Maja by Myrurgia, as well as from a few sturdy vintage budget masculines like Brut, Caractere, regular classic Old Spice.
In all of these cases regarding both the sheer enjoyment at the actual quality of this fragrance concentration, while the performance was nearly as good too.

Fascinating!

I wrote an eBay seller concerning the alcohol concentration of a vintage Patou deodorant she was selling, and got a somewhat curt reply, stating "This is NOT a perfume, it's a DEODORANT that you use on your underarms!"

Weird.

Latest News