Perfume Exhibition in London -- June to September

cacio

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Nov 5, 2010
Thanks for the heads up. Sadly not planning to be in London.

If they have Coty Chypre, that will probably be one of the few occasions to actually smell oakmoss (and any comparison with current Coty offers should probably be left unspoken).

cacio

Kaern

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Apr 2, 2008
If they have Coty Chypre, that will probably be one of the few occasions to actually smell oakmoss (and any comparison with current Coty offers should probably be left unspoken).
cacio

Aint that a sad fact :sad:

the_good_life

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jun 2, 2006
Nice idea, nice setting, but no perfumes that would much interest me or that I haven't already smelled (thank God, 'cos I couldn't make it there).

Kaern

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Apr 2, 2008
Unfortunately, will miss it by a month! :angry:

Just by one month -- that's a choker

Nice idea, nice setting, but no perfumes that would much interest me or that I haven't already smelled (thank God, 'cos I couldn't make it there).

It sounds as though it will be held in the space that the Kubrick exhibition was in and that worked brilliantly -- cellular sections.

I'm interested in the 'interactive' part and watching a perfumer construct a fragrance/fielding questions, etc.

I'm hoping there is a related book available at the end

adam090273

Jul 27, 2013
Actually may be in London during this time. If so I will surely be heading to this event. Thanks for the notice, may just work out for me.

Kaern

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Apr 2, 2008
Oh my -- a complete washout imo

Dangling 'iconic' fabric sprayed scents on tin cans with holes drilled in the top or in leather pouches just doesn't work half of the time.

There were rooms where we jotted down on prepared cards what notes we were smelling -- but there was no feedback at the end.

I can't see 'basenoters' getting much out of this to be honest -- it was all a bit amateur. The workshop at the end was a disaster with no actual 'perfumers' around to explain the process of creation -- just a poor young girl talking about accord progression for a new Hugo Boss feminine.

Highlights were seeing the original Schiaparelli bottle and 3 fragrances at the end by Killian Wells on the theme of being in a cinema --1. Sneaker smell 2. Popcorn Smell 3. Nut smell. All really good.

A real wasted opportunity imo

Miss Hesta Jones

Jan 27, 2016
Anyone else got any feedback on this exhibition? I'm thinking of travelling down for a day for it, but as I'll be in London in October as well, I don't want to make the trip if isn't worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrsDalloway

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Aug 10, 2015
Oh my -- a complete washout imo

Dangling 'iconic' fabric sprayed scents on tin cans with holes drilled in the top or in leather pouches just doesn't work half of the time.

There were rooms where we jotted down on prepared cards what notes we were smelling -- but there was no feedback at the end.

I can't see 'basenoters' getting much out of this to be honest -- it was all a bit amateur. The workshop at the end was a disaster with no actual 'perfumers' around to explain the process of creation -- just a poor young girl talking about accord progression for a new Hugo Boss feminine.

Highlights were seeing the original Schiaparelli bottle and 3 fragrances at the end by Killian Wells on the theme of being in a cinema --1. Sneaker smell 2. Popcorn Smell 3. Nut smell. All really good.

A real wasted opportunity imo

Thanks for the feedback; I was reluctant to go but felt a bit guilty that I might just be being lazy. Now I can avoid with a clear conscience!

Kaern

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Apr 2, 2008
Thanks for the feedback; I was reluctant to go but felt a bit guilty that I might just be being lazy. Now I can avoid with a clear conscience!

Yes, no need to feel guilty. I don't want to appear snobbish but it was real 'entry level' stuff.

The last room had some weird and wonderful fragrances that were supposedly for sale. 'Raincloud' was a gorgeous 'feminine' but £230 for what looked like less than 50ml - no thanks. The 3 Killian Wells fragrances were wacky and clever, but I didn't think I would ever wear them.

Two women who my partner and I thought were possibly 'a couple' purchased Secretions Magnifique though - you couldn't make it up!

Latest News