Penhaligon are discontinuing English Fern & Douro

woodnotes55

Oct 27, 2016
I only like Sartorial from them :) I wish it was cheaper :(

This made me curious so I did a quick search. Granted we are in different countries, but d@mn it is quite expensive at retail and even at one or two discounters that showed up. I got a large bottle for way less than it's going for now, but am usually willing to watch and wait for a deal. I hope this one, and others, continue to show up at least occasionally at a good discount. At current prices I would probably not have bought many of the ones I have. I just got Sartorial in last two or three years, not long back....

cornishlee

Jul 27, 2015
At current prices I would probably not have bought many of the ones I have. I just got Sartorial in last two or three years, not long back....

I think it was between one and two years ago that they put all their prices up. There's a Penhaligon's outlet near me and prices there went from £70 for two bottles to £120 overnight.

woodnotes55

Oct 27, 2016
I think it was between one and two years ago that they put all their prices up. There's a Penhaligon's outlet near me and prices there went from £70 for two bottles to £120 overnight.

That's a huge increase, nearly 4x at once!!! Maybe someone did have a business plan that rich foreigners will buy more if it costs more....

But your original deal... wow.... if I lived near that I would probably have one of nearly everything they sell and two or three of the favorites!!!

Andy the frenchy

Sep 16, 2018
I didn't see English Fern and Douro listed on Penhaligon's website so I emailed them and asked - this is the response I got:

"Unfortunately yes, this fragrance has been discontinued from our range. We do apologize for any inconvenience and upset caused by this.
[...]

Innacurate info: 2 years later, and yes, I confirm English Fern has been discontinued, but Douro is still in production and available both online and in retail. They didn't understand the question, or just an outsourced customer service (like for many houses) that forwarded a standard reply.

woodnotes55

Oct 27, 2016
Innacurate info: 2 years later, and yes, I confirm English Fern has been discontinued, but Douro is still in production and available both online and in retail. They didn't understand the question, or just an outsourced customer service (like for many houses) that forwarded a standard reply.

Pretty sure Douro was one of many in the recent UK unboxed sale, going for around $65-70 for a 100 ml......

Latest News