Parfums Dusita Discussion

SubUmbra

Jul 9, 2018
Wearing Issara today, I was thinking about Dusita and the surprising lack of a dedicated thread. I figured I'd start one here.

While it is clear that classic French perfumery is an influence for founder/perfumer Pissara Umavijani, what I love most about her line is that it is dotted with "oddballs" like Erawan & Oudh Infini which defy expectations. There's also a certain "handsome" quality, for lack of a more relatable word, to many of her scents, especially present in Moonlight in Chiangmai & Issara.

Has anyone tried the newly-dropped Anamcara? The notes list includes: Tunisian Orange Blossom, Blood Orange and Freesia; Tuberose, Jasmine Sambac, Tea, Peach, Rose de Mai and Madagascar Vanilla; Haitian Vetiver, Indonesian Patchouli Leaf, Australian Sandalwood and Virginian Cedar.

I'm personally very curious to try more fragrances with freesia. When I was first getting into blending my own perfumes, I once smelled a freesia "fragrance oil" (rubbish quality but great scent) that put me on to the flower.

Starblind

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Oct 2, 2013
Oudh Infini is the only one of hers that I really like, but I admit it's a challenge to wear. I find Erawan, on the other hand, particularly disjointed and uninteresting.

I would love to find one of hers that really calls out to me.

Wingie

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Dec 2, 2009
Pissara is definitely talented and has made some great perfumes, though I don't own any currently.

I enjoyed the video - it's always wonderful to see people living their dream, moving to Paris and creating their own perfume lines. Something in my spirit envies them, even though I have no practical desire to make such a move myself at this point in my life.

Diamondflame

Frag Bomber 1st Squadron
Basenotes Plus
Jun 28, 2009
I quite enjoy Issara but somehow can’t move for a full bottle. Was also initially smitten with Cavatina, only to be let down by its lacklustre drydown. I’m hoping Anamcara would be a bigger hit for Umavijani; she seems like a cool person to get to know.

Last edited:

Mak-7

Sep 19, 2019
Whats everybody's take on fleurs de lalita?
Is it green and approachable or is it more flowery?
I am looking for something along the line of le sillage blanc, but without bitter galbanum. Already own nuit de bakelite, and think that something softer but still green

SubUmbra

Jul 9, 2018
You may be out of luck in terms of the specific thing you're looking for from Dusita, unless you count Erawan, which...now that I type it...may work for you if you haven't tried it.

Fleurs de Lalita was very floral and, unfortunately, a little too powdery for my taste.

Bavard

Wearing Perfume Right Now
Basenotes Plus
Jul 20, 2015
I know the first five she released. We did a pass of the samples: https://www.basenotes.net/threads/434236-Dusita-Sample-Pass.

I like the white flower one, Melodie de L'Amour. But then, I like most of the white flower perfumes I try.

For the others (Oud Infini, Issara, Le Sillage Blanc, and La Douceur de Siam) I can understand the appeal, but they're less obvious fits for my taste.

I'd be curious to try the ones since then.

Emanuel76

Jun 16, 2018
I wore Dusita - Oudh Infini a few days ago, I wear it now again.

When you smell your wrist for 1,000 times it means you love it, even if you don't know it yet.
So, yeah, it's awesome.

Btw, I clearly detect a smooth veil of naphthalene (moth balls) in Laurent Mazzone (LM Parfums) - Black Oud, but not here.
In Oudh Infini it is rather soapy-petrol (petrol like in the petrol lamp, not diesel or benzine).

0676AB1D-35BB-463D-9F72B503F107EC09-1024-300x300.jpeg

The animalics no longer slap my nose, overshadowing the rest of the composition.
It's smooth, warm and dirty. The rose is obvious.
I love it.

There's one drop left from my sample. :cry:

375x500.36487.jpg

The rest of this range is not really to my taste. Too many flowers.
When she'll launch a tobacco, an incense, an amber...

Last edited:

Jed_Or_Alive

Sep 15, 2020
She's definitely explored tobacco in Issara and Erawan - have you tried those?

I agree, though: a take on incense and/or amber from her would be fascinating!

Issara is nice. My second favorite from her after Oudh Infini. Of course I have to like the really expensive ones..

I haven't enjoyed the most recent releases as much as some of the original ones.

Latest News