Parfums de Marly BATCH CODES

FreddyK

May 4, 2021
Hello,
i'm gonna go straight to the topic. I have 3 different PDM's and i'm curious about their batch codes.

Herod 125ml 0360035

Layton Exclusif 125ml 013904

Carlisle 125ml 0340156

Can someone would be so kind and tell me please how to "read" these batch codes ? Date of production ? Are they original ?

Sincerely,
FK

cpp214

Jan 20, 2011
Hello,
i'm gonna go straight to the topic. I have 3 different PDM's and i'm curious about their batch codes.

Herod 125ml 0360035

Carlisle 125ml 0340156

Can someone would be so kind and tell me please how to "read" these batch codes ? Date of production ? Are they original ?

Sincerely,
FK

Just run them through Checkcosmetic: http://checkcosmetic.net/

The Herod and Carlisle codes you've listed have one extra digit compared to the Layton. If you drop one of the digits on either end it might bring it up for you. The Layton code comes back as March 2020.

FragFrog

Oct 6, 2018
PDM changed the 6 digit codes to 7 digit codes at some point in 2020.

Batch codes are of course no proof that your bottles are legit.

Why are you in doubt? Anything suspicious about them?

ILikePeeps

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
May 15, 2012
Hello,

Herod 125ml 0360035

Carlisle 125ml 0340156

Sincerely,
FK

I'm assuming all 2020 bottles, with the Layton Exclusif being earlier than the other 2 but still 2020. Based on starting with '0' and with what Frog said.

FragFrog

Oct 6, 2018
If you got them from a reputable vendor, they should be fine. I wouldn't worry about batch codes..

Problem with Parfums de Marly is their increased inconsistency since 2018 due to the massive hype.
And there were even some batches already in 2019 which seemed to be watered down in comparison to others - especially with Layton and Herod.

It went worse in 2020 and I've seen massive complaints about poor longevity. Even someone said that his new Oajan lasted only 4 hours which is just ridiculous if that's true - I had a few bottles and my 2017 one which I still own lasts over 15 hours easily. It's one of the strongest PdM fragrances.

Also PdM changed the packaging slightly and put new sprayers on the bottles and some people thougth they got fakes.

FreddyK

May 4, 2021
Hello,

thank You all. I may not be in any concern about their originality. Some of these newer batches can't be found in checkcosmetics.com. I found only for Layton Exclusif as someone already mentioned here before. The thing is I'm just curious about their batches since, as we all know, some of them might be watered down. People said batches from 2020 might be extremely weak due to the infamous "water down".

Sincerely,
FK

FragFrog

Oct 6, 2018
Hello,

thank You all. I may not be in any concern about their originality. Some of these newer batches can't be found in checkcosmetics.com. I found only for Layton Exclusif as someone already mentioned here before. The thing is I'm just curious about their batches since, as we all know, some of them might be watered down. People said batches from 2020 might be extremely weak due to the infamous "water down".

Sincerely,
FK

I've got a newer Layton Exclusif batch from 2020 and it smells really good, much better than a 2019 I had, which had a weird note like burnt plastic in it.
But it's not as good as one of the first 2018 batches I had.

I've tried several batches after that and I don't think it will ever be that good again.

But that particual 2020 one smells nice and I get over 8 hours longevity easily. I've opened it just a few weeks ago so it may get a tiny little bit stronger.
Haven't worn it much since then.
I bought it because I just wanted to have it back in my collection and I like the way how it smells though I do prefer the regular Layton (if you get a good batch of course).

I'm glad I got a good one, so I grabbed another bottle of it.
Now I've got two 125 ml bottles of Layton Exclusif and I think that should last me a few years.

cpp214

Jan 20, 2011
Problem with Parfums de Marly is their increased inconsistency since 2018 due to the massive hype.
And there were even some batches already in 2019 which seemed to be watered down in comparison to others - especially with Layton and Herod.

It went worse in 2020 and I've seen massive complaints about poor longevity. Even someone said that his new Oajan lasted only 4 hours which is just ridiculous if that's true - I had a few bottles and my 2017 one which I still own lasts over 15 hours easily. It's one of the strongest PdM fragrances.

Also PdM changed the packaging slightly and put new sprayers on the bottles and some people thougth they got fakes.

Can confirm that I recently swapped for a 2019 bottle of Herod, batch 905901, and the performance is noticeably worse than a 2018 bottle I had a while back. The 2018 Herod was not super strong by any means, but it performed noticeably better than the 2019, which becomes a skin scent in about an hour and a half, to two hours.

Ilya777

Oct 9, 2021
Hi, i.m from Russia. I bought Layton Exclusive not so long time ago. And i'm very dissapointed. It was produced in September 2020. It has only 3-4 hours longevity. But i've heard that in must have about 15 hours. My advice, don't buy 2020 batch codes

FragFrog

Oct 6, 2018
Layton Exclusif never was a beast mode fragrance.
My 2020 batch gets over 8 hours and if I don't wash it off before going to sleep I can easily smell it as a skin scent on the next day.
But it is not nearly as strong as my Pegasus, Oajan and Herod (all 2017 batches) or Carlisle (2019 batch - had a 2017 one before which was the same in terms of performance).
I even think that the better of the 2019 Layton batches have a stronger projection than my 2020 Layton Exclusif.

If you really get only 3-4 hours I guess there's something wrong with the fragrance or you went noseblind on it.
Maybe give it a break for a few days and try it again.

PotassiumSnow

Jun 13, 2021
Hi, i.m from Russia. I bought Layton Exclusive not so long time ago. And i'm very dissapointed. It was produced in September 2020. It has only 3-4 hours longevity. But i've heard that in must have about 15 hours. My advice, don't buy 2020 batch codes

What do you mean by 3-4 hours longevity? On your clothing, on your skin? Does it change from projecting to just being a skin scent in this time frame, or does it simply vanish from the clothing and skin completely?

hednic

Oct 25, 2007
How many sprays do you use?

markjg

Oct 13, 2021
I bought Oajan from a 2020 batch… longevity sucks, and the projection is weak. Barely any projection to be honest, whereas with the older one all you needed was one spray and it would actually last on your skin and clothes for days (no joke)… A very noticeable difference from the older batch… basically lost a good $400…

Latest News