Parfum Prissana discussion thread

Nov 19, 2015
Sounds similar to Anatolia Anatolia in how concentrated it is and how many sprays are too much. Awesome!

I don't know if you can reveal this yet, but will you be stocking Nilmalee? And is that the website launch limited batch release Prin mentioned in his post on the facebook group?

Just strategizing if I should wait and do a bigger buy of some of the new stuff along with a bottle of Anatolia Anatolia and Homa (which I've wanted for a while now).
Gotta save up some more first though lol.

I love Prin, but these more recent pricier releases (with more of rare materials) are tricky to handle!

IMHO, It far exceeds the strength of Anatolia Anatolia o_O

Honesty, I'm not getting any definitive answers from Prin as to when the releases will happen (Spring to Summer) and if the retailers will be getting all of the new releases. Time will tell. I pray he'll let me sell ALL of his new products!

I think pricey releases from all the houses across the board, needs to be rethought. With the world wide collapse of the economy, we aren't going to be able to support our habits anymore at this rate. So, I look forward to some good to great releases that are more affordable from everyone.

tasdox17!

Jan 3, 2023
IMHO, It far exceeds the strength of Anatolia Anatolia o_O

Honesty, I'm not getting any definitive answers from Prin as to when the releases will happen (Spring to Summer) and if the retailers will be getting all of the new releases. Time will tell. I pray he'll let me sell ALL of his new products!

I think pricey releases from all the houses across the board, needs to be rethought. With the world wide collapse of the economy, we aren't going to be able to support our habits anymore at this rate. So, I look forward to some good to great releases that are more affordable from everyone.
Woah, well that is one to be used with caution for sure! I can't wait to try it.

I hope he does too! Would love to grab what I can from you when some of the new stuff becomes available :)

Amen to that! Very well said. I hope you're right and houses adjust and meet us where most of us are at.

Dr B1414

Basenotes Junkie
Oct 21, 2019
These new Prins sound amazing. Mandodari/Morah is one of my favorite perfumes ever. And Mriga is already great without the natural Musk. Nilmalee looks great, the only potential issue for me would be that tuberose absolute. I hope it's not too strong in the composition. I've fallen out of love with Tuberose.

Nov 19, 2015
These new Prins sound amazing. Mandodari/Morah is one of my favorite perfumes ever. And Mriga is already great without the natural Musk. Nilmalee looks great, the only potential issue for me would be that tuberose absolute. I hope it's not too strong in the composition. I've fallen out of love with Tuberose.
100% with you on the Tuberose...

Dorje123

Basenotes Dependent
Feb 15, 2011
Homa, Nocturnal Poetry and Arsalan share a very prominent musk accord. Arsalan is by far the better balanced and composed of them imo, but the others are interesting. Nocturnal Poetry adds a load of hyrax as well, and is the winner as far as animalic but also the least wearable.

slater93

Basenotes Member
Oct 26, 2021
i haven’t tried arsalan but i agree about homa and nocturnal poetry, but i find NP very wearable personally and homa a little less so, more because i just don’t find it as interesting as NP. i’d also add varuek, i find the animal notes in that one quite central to the perfume for its duration and when i’m thinking i want an animalic prin, that’s the one i reach for.

AOUD

Basenotes Member
Jun 2, 2019
For me by far Nocturnal Poetry is the most animalic. That one smells really strongly of nether regions. Arsalan is strong as well but due to the cumin, imo. I think Nocturnal Poetry is more wearable. I took Arsalan to warm weather and felt a little self-conscious wearing it, which has only happened once before when I wore Montale's Aoud Cuir d'Arabie to a book fair in an aircondition-less building.

heavy black heart

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Mar 20, 2022
to me both things re: Nocturnal Poetry are true:

extremely animalic + extremely beautiful

I’ve come to realize that animalic floral is one of my top 3 categories of perfume if not #1 so if anyone has any suggestions whether Prin or not, send my way please & thank you

tasdox17!

Jan 3, 2023
My vote is for Homa and Varuek. While I'm sure there are tons of animalics in Onthamara and Nocturnal poetry. To me they don't read as strongly as what my nose associates with challenging animalics. Kind of like Fiona by TSVGA - that one reads like a beautifully deep woody floral, but I was a little let down, because I wanted it to show its fangs and claws based on the amount of animalics. It's so impressive to me that Prin can utilize animalics in such a diverse amount of ways. I will always lean towards the more 'challenging' or 'this smells like an animal' perfumes, so that's why Varuek and Homa have a special place in my heart. And Rahasanai is so interesting too, but I gotta pick my battles and budget hahah

tasdox17!

Jan 3, 2023
I w

I’ve come to realize that animalic floral is one of my top 3 categories of perfume if not #1 so if anyone has any suggestions whether Prin or not, send my way please & thank you
I would suggest Fiona by TSVGA perfumes. Some of the most amazing and realisitic florals and also (non skanky) heavy animalics. Have you tried it?
And of course Oudh Infini by Dusita if you can get your hands on it for a reasonable price and love goats in your field of roses hahah

heavy black heart

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Mar 20, 2022
I w

I would suggest Fiona by TSVGA perfumes. Some of the most amazing and realisitic florals and also (non skanky) heavy animalics. Have you tried it?
And of course Oudh Infini by Dusita if you can get your hands on it for a reasonable price and love goats in your field of roses hahah
thank you

have a travel spray of the Dusita which I really like

I’ll try to get a sample of Fiona - have heard mixed things about the perfumer / house

Dorje123

Basenotes Dependent
Feb 15, 2011

ALD Civet de Nuit
Amouage Gold Man
Elixir Attar's Classical Compositions... pretty much all of them.
Bogue Maai
Lots of floral chypres will fit in this category.

DavidSG

Basenotes Member
Oct 20, 2019
have Gold, Maai, & a travel of CdN - all very good : )

I have one Elixir Attar - Al Ghaliyah Fleuri et Animalique which I thought was very nice but not animalic at all

thank you
Have you tried Le Frag - Pippilotta or Cryptical Envelopment from Olympic Orchids? Ellen has many interesting florals on the animalic side… I recommend Sonnet XVII and Tropic of Capricorn.

Last edited:
Jul 4, 2014

One of my favorite categories too! There are some old releases that definitely fit the bill like La Nuit, Ungaro 2, Jicky, etc but I wish there were more modern niche releases that really lay on the animalics. St Clair Casablanca, Jinx Clicking Frog, Jasmynal, Salome, Ambilux, and D&Z Ghaliya Ghazali (ymmv, this one is animalic in a way I haven’t come around to yet but the rose/oud is nice) are some others that come to mind but tbh I’ve yet to find any other nose who comes close to Prin in this sub genre. Smelling Nocturnal Poetry for the first time was like finding my dream jasmine, it’s so good.

Dr B1414

Basenotes Junkie
Oct 21, 2019
Wearing Morah in the advent of the new release, and I just reminded myself oh how gorgeous this is. I know it's incredibly similar to Mandodari, but I always got more layers and clarity with Morah and a prominent coffee note that I don't get in Mandodari. This one is definitely top 5 perfumes ever for me. It's one of those that every time I wear I feel like selling my entire collection and buying 10 more bottles to have for the rest of my life. I'm mostly looking forward to Mandodari Mandodari, but the other two sound great, also. Nimelee I imagine it might turn out as something in the vein of Morah, with the oud amped up, and the vegetal musk replacing the synthetic civet.

Dec 7, 2022

Definitely Zoologist Civet and I've been wearing Cristian Cavagna's Boa Madre a lot recently.

FragSyndrome

Basenotes Dependent
Sep 14, 2016
I’ve stopped by Rebellion Perfume prior to today’s local release for another sampling test drive. As soon as they opened up today, I was in there to buy them both.

According to what I’ve read on FB and a chat with Prin, they’ll be released later this month from other vendors. Prin said that Lee at @Fragnanimous will have them available.
- 150 bottles made of Mongolian Mriga
- 100 bottles made of Nimalee.
Prin said that Nimalee is impossible to reproduce so this will be the only batch.
The Rebellion Perfume Lab in Bangkok said they stocked 10 Mongolian Mriga and 5 Nimalee which was verified by Prin’s FB post.

Mongolian Mriga opens with a beautiful aromatic musk, some pine, a beautiful yuzu, faint sweetness and this lightly dusty texture. There’s some very mild grassy notes in the mix that remind me of papyrus but I’m not sure which ingredient it’s actually coming from. It’s light, aromatic, and in perfect balance. It does not screech off the line like the original Mriga. Absolutely nothing pissy or off-putting here. 40 minutes in and I can more readily pin this musk down to a similarity with Onthamara but make no mistake, this is nowhere near as dense as Onthamara. 2 hours in and it’s turned into a beautiful smooth musky, piney, lightly sweet scent. There’s clearly the influence of supporting notes, I have no idea what they are but they are in perfect harmony with the composition. Problem is, I can only smell it clearly if I rub it off my neck with the back of my hand and smell my hand. I’ve got 2 sprays of it on my neck and can barely smell it around me so either it’s that light (doubtful) or I’ve gone partially anosmic to it. This is pretty unfortunate since I wanted to post a useful first impression for people contemplating blind buying it. Sorry :(

(I’m completely anosmic to the original EO C&P, and Oqachol, both musk centric but don’t have anosmic issues with most musk frags. It is likely that some level of anosmic is going on)

Nimalee opens with fireworks, a floral concoction, a blast of oud, what I’m perceiving as menthol notes (prob from oud) that subside after the opening. Their balance is in flux for a few minutes and Tuberose pushes its way to the center stage, it steps out to the front of the stage and the other notes take shape around it to support the star of the show. From here on out, Nimalee is a beautiful Tuberose scent with the other notes supporting it around the edges. Its projection is powerful with just one spray, easily detectable within 3 feet at 20min post-spray. At 2 hours in Nimalee becomes a duet of Tuberose and Oud with supporting notes around the edges, Tuberose is still the undeniable star of the show though. I know there’s a lot more going on here, I’m taking it all in and loving it but I just can’t figure out how to break it down in a description. Kind of ironic, it should’ve been a much more capable basenoter writing in an early impression rather than myself!

Anyways, Nimalee is absolutely stunning, the best Tuberose-centric fragrance I’ve ever smelled. I got 4-5 hours of solid projection and continued to leave considerable silage for 8hr+, by which point I sprayed another fragrance but I think it would’ve kept going.

With the understanding that I might not be getting the full Mongolian Mriga experience due to some anosmic….

I’d recommend Nimalee over Mongolian Mriga. If you like Tuberose, not only is it a floral masterpiece (imo) but it’s performance is so damn powerful that you will easily get your money’s worth of enjoyment out of it. If you ‘love’ musk and tuberose and have to choose one, I’d recommend Nimalee. If you ‘love’ musk and ‘like’ tuberose, I’d still recommend the Nimalee as the #1 purchase.

I’ve sampled so many prin’s fragrances over in the Rebellion Perfume Lab and from samples I’ve bought in the past. I found that Prin’s fragrances are very creative and eccentric but it is often these eccentricities that don’t vibe with me so I’d classify most of his fragrances as not safe to blind buy. With that being said, and with the small quantity of Nimalee made, I want to advise that if you like Tuberose then it is 100% blind buy safe, there is nothing off putting here, it’s a masculine leaning floral masterpiece with beast-mode performance.

If we’re going with the assumption that Mriga’s performance issue is just my personal anosmia problem then I’d recommend getting it also; it’s a beautiful, perfectly balanced scent that will surely get even better as it ages and oxidizes.

A45520EE-7BBA-4094-8CEE-C563F50AE8C0.jpeg
43D8CD72-3399-4F56-96F8-EDF029022139.jpeg

lfc1892

Basenotes Dependent
Dec 12, 2021
Dear all,

This year I will launch around 10 new scents from PRIN.
There are 3 releases from the mainline. The rest are limited releases.

I will divide into 3-4 parts of the release.

This is the first part

"Mandodari Mandodari" is Almost double the concentration of the original Mandodari with extra materials. This is limited for a year or two. Retail price @ $260

"Mongolian Mriga" Replacing the deer musk accord from the original with Mongolian Deer Musk plus some twist. It's raw animalic in the darkest smokiness forest more than the original.
This is limited to one batch only. Around 150 are made.
Official retail price = $420

"Nilmalee" or Black flowers in Thai. Based on narcotic flowers absolute + botanic musk from Sumbul.
This is a limited release of one batch. Around 70 bottles are made.
Official retail price = $440

They will be release in some retail shops in a few weeks (Up to how long the customs clearance process will take) They are already on the way to the retails.

- Ecuación Natural, Spain
- Bloom Perfumery , UK
- La Porte, Mainland China
- Taigrance, Taiwan
- Fragnanimous, USA
- Luckyscent, USA
- Rebellion Perfume lab, Thailand

And will available on my website around next month.

The next release will be the main line and the retail price for the rest of the mainline will be increased too.

And the next limited scents that I will release are

• "Krissana" Amber woody centre on oud oil from every regions in Thailand.

• "Nilubol" Dark Green Purple imagination flowers base on blue water lily, Orris Butter, Violet leaf, Oud from Malaysia and Black current Bud. Nilubol means purple waterlily in Thai.

• Animalic Amber oud base on Laos oud , Hay absolute, Tobacco absolute,Himalayan Amber and spices as main notes.

• All natural base on lotus absolute with Burmese oud.

If you are interesed I recconmend purchasing from the retails near you first. Shipping from Thailand to some country are quite complicated especially some country in EU and Middle East.

From his face book feed

Aug 26, 2022
All 3 sound so good, but I must admit I’m a little nervous about the performance of Mongolian Mriga now. Thinking I may blind buy Mando mando and sample the other two since they’re a little steep.

If there’s any perfumer I trust to make a tuberose I’ll like it’s Prin.
I have a feeling MM is going to be a room filler. Alot of folks will be anosmic I’m calling it now.

Latest News

Whatever your taste in perfume, we've got you covered...

catalogue your collection, keep track of your perfume wish-list, log your daily fragrance wears, review your latest finds, seek out long-lost scented loves, keep track of the latest perfume news, find your new favourite fragrance, and discuss perfume with like-minded people from all over the world...

pp