Parfum Prissana discussion thread

TNBLUEMIKE

Oct 1, 2013
I just received a sample of Prin Saringkarn with a recent purchase. Wow! this is very impressive right out of the gate. Prin has blended a cornucopia of flowery fruity accords and it has really hit the spot for me. Very impressed on first trying it and now working on twenty minutes. I hope the longevity on this sticks and continues to conjure its magic. Very nice I knew the champaca would reel me in but it has many facets to enjoy. Anyone else enjoy this Prin creation?

I'm Nic

Apr 4, 2014
I just received a sample of Prin Saringkarn with a recent purchase. Wow! this is very impressive right out of the gate. Prin has blended a cornucopia of flowery fruity accords and it has really hit the spot for me. Very impressed on first trying it and now working on twenty minutes. I hope the longevity on this sticks and continues to conjure its magic. Very nice I knew the champaca would reel me in but it has many facets to enjoy. Anyone else enjoy this Prin creation?

Agreed, I think it's really well done. It's also very easy to wear for being a Prin (for better or worse).
If you like Saringkarn I would recommend that you try Arsalan and Nocturnal Poetry as well, which I think are even better.

TNBLUEMIKE

Oct 1, 2013
Agreed, I think it's really well done. It's also very easy to wear for being a Prin (for better or worse).
If you like Saringkarn I would recommend that you try Arsalan and Nocturnal Poetry as well, which I think are even better.

Thanks for the update Nic. Yes, I have Nocturnal Poetry and Mriga already from the house and they are very well composed. I haven't tried Arsalan yet. It will be on my list now since you made that suggestion. Most of Prin's work seem Earthy to me if that makes sense which isn't a bad thing but this Saringkarn caught me off guard with it's uplifting series of notes. So much is going on I can't grasp it all but very pleasant and maybe more mainstream than most of his compositions. I feel this is full bottle worthy after I drain this sample for all it's worth.

I'm Nic

Apr 4, 2014
Thanks for the update Nic. Yes, I have Nocturnal Poetry and Mriga already from the house and they are very well composed. I haven't tried Arsalan yet. It will be on my list now since you made that suggestion. Most of Prin's work seem Earthy to me if that makes sense which isn't a bad thing but this Saringkarn caught me off guard with it's uplifting series of notes. So much is going on I can't grasp it all but very pleasant and maybe more mainstream than most of his compositions. I feel this is full bottle worthy after I drain this sample for all it's worth.

No problem Mike. I agree that a lot of his work is quite earthy and dank. It's nice that he takes a different route sometimes.
I really like his floral compositions, which he does very well. Like Mandodari and Mandarava for instance.

Dr B1414

Oct 21, 2019
Glad you like it. It's my favourite from everything he released after Pryn. From his newer, post-Pryn perfumes I also like Arsalan a lot. It is the most different than his previous perfumes. The others are nice but share similarities with his first releases. Arsalan feels like a unique and new blend for him. I need to re-evaluate my sample again, but it's quite beautiful. Animalic, spicy, woodsy. It definitely makes me think of a steed, as the name implies.

Dr B1414

Oct 21, 2019
Also, I've spoke to him on Instagram and asked if he'll ever do a Natural Deer Musk perfume, as I think Mriga is a very good rendition of Musk, and he said that he might do one limited batch of a perfume that will feature natural deer musk. I have more than enough musks in my collection but man, a natural musk perfume from Prin? Count me in. He said that he'll have a new perfume coming out featuring deer musk and Cannabis. Synthetic deer musk that is.

succio

Jun 11, 2016
Glad you like it. It's my favourite from everything he released after Pryn. From his newer, post-Pryn perfumes I also like Arsalan a lot. It is the most different than his previous perfumes. The others are nice but share similarities with his first releases. Arsalan feels like a unique and new blend for him. I need to re-evaluate my sample again, but it's quite beautiful. Animalic, spicy, woodsy. It definitely makes me think of a steed, as the name implies.

My GF also liked it, which she does not particularly like these kinds of scents.

I was a bit worried that it would be too weird to wear out, but it doesnt scream off the skin

Dr B1414

Oct 21, 2019
My GF also liked it, which she does not particularly like these kinds of scents.

I was a bit worried that it would be too weird to wear out, but it doesnt scream off the skin

I find it quite strong and very long-lasting. Anyway, it is a safe perfume, nothing like the description of it. I would say the name and description for Haxan rather fits Aranyaka.

Shadowartisttxl

Mar 25, 2016
Anybody try either or the new Prins?
Ganga Kasturi - a marijuana centered fragrance
or Varuek - a pine and animalic scent created to convey the image of a Mongolian wolf

Dr B1414

Oct 21, 2019
Anybody try either or the new Prins?
Ganga Kasturi - a marijuana centered fragrance
or Varuek - a pine and animalic scent created to convey the image of a Mongolian wolf

So hyped to try these. Prin is top 3 perfumers for me right now. So far I have tried everything that he put out, except for the Strangers line. And their line is the one that resonates the most with me. I wanted to buy samples of these two today but they don't have my country among shipping options. I sent a direct message to Prin and hopefully, they'll get back to me soon. I really am curious about these two.

Shadowartisttxl

Mar 25, 2016
So hyped to try these. Prin is top 3 perfumers for me right now. So far I have tried everything that he put out, except for the Strangers line. And their line is the one that resonates the most with me. I wanted to buy samples of these two today but they don't have my country among shipping options. I sent a direct message to Prin and hopefully, they'll get back to me soon. I really am curious about these two.

I can’t help it - who are the other two?
Also - so it isn’t completely off topic - I’m thinking about buying a bottle of nefer- other myrrh frags have only been making me think of her

Dr B1414

Oct 21, 2019
Waiting for samples of Vaurek and Ganja Kstsuri. So pumped to try these.

Also, wearing Saringkarn from a sample again. I'm so close to buying this, but every time I say I'll purchase it, something in the back of my head says "You don't need it in your collection". It kinda has bits of other Rose perfumes that I have, yet it feels so Prin lol:). I think out of what I have it reminds me the most of Aurum D'Angkhor. Without the Jasmine and the Ambergris. It has the Saffron punch, smoke, tobacco, beeswax, Rose, Oud. It doesn't have the Jasmine and the big Ambergris note that you get in Aurum. But it definitely puts me in that mindset. Big, lush, exotic floral-oriental perfume. Decisions, decisions........

Dr B1414

Oct 21, 2019
Sampled Ganja Katsuri and Vaurek.

First impressions,

Ganja Katsuri is (as expected) something in the veins of Mriga. I would say more green, less earthy, with a very well-done Cannabis accord. It opens quite green, I must say the opening kinda felt disappointing, but in the heart, you get this very realistic Cannabis accord. The best that I have smelled in any perfume. At this stage, the perfume is very unique and enjoyable. You get the Synthetic musk accord that you find in Mriga, the Cannabis accord, with some green nuances. Unfortunately, on my skin, the heart doesn't last long and once it goes into the base I'm left with the synthetic musk(almost feels like civet), and some green facets, I can't detect the Cannabis anymore. Overall, not a buy for me, need to test it again, the heart is quite good but short-lived on me.

Vaurek reminds me a lot of Rania J Ambre Loup, with the Prin DNA. Enjoyable, but redundant to me. Again, no buy. Woody-Amber with animalic touches. Quite potent.

I think my next purchase from the house is going to be Saringkarn. Thought I have enough Rose Perfumes but this one is very hard to classify as a Rose-Oud. Also, every time I wear it it feels like something new, that I don't own or haven't tried before. I would also go to say that Saringkarn might just be the only perfume from Prin Lomros that actually behaves in a way a perfume composition should, with clear transitions from top, heart, to base. Although it is listed as a monolithic built-up, it most certainly isn't. The opeing is an assault of everything. Smoke, Rose, Plum, Honey, Saffron, Civet, Oud. In the heart, it becomes more of a Rose-Oud with fruity, honey, and civet touches. At this stage is very smooth, balanced, and elegant. The dry-down is mostly about Civet, Oud and a bit of Rose. Brilliant transformation. Almost feels like it goes from a typical Prin, oriental perfume, to a refined MFK, Roja, Western Rose-Oud with a touch of Civet for that vintage French perfume feel. Definitely will buy a bottle.

migjurado

Oct 2, 2007
I felt in love with Mandodari and Anatolia. However, I am not sure about the performance and my samples are now empty. Can anyone give me his/her impressions about longevity and sillage in both fragrances? Thanks in advance.

Dr B1414

Oct 21, 2019
I felt in love with Mandodari and Anatolia. However, I am not sure about the performance and my samples are now empty. Can anyone give me his/her impressions about longevity and sillage in both fragrances? Thanks in advance.

Both are stellar. However, keep in mind that I don't really care for performance, my standard is "for as long as I can enjoy/smell it". Although, I'm yet to find a poor-performing Prin. They are quite beefy and very long-lasting.

Latest News