Parfum Prissana discussion thread

wildrnesxperienc

Jun 19, 2018
Just ordered samples of Ma Nishtana and Mandarava. Been reading high marks for Ma Nishtana especially as a holy grail incense. I don’t see a thread for the brand so figured we might need one. The perfumer, Prin Lomros, is out of Thailand, and has several other brands as well. According to the Parfum Prissana website they are about to go on holiday until December, and then will return with new scents.

thrilledchilled

All Is Beautiful
Basenotes Plus
Nov 17, 2018
Ma Nishtana is a superb incense scent. I have samples of others from Prissana, and the old Pryn and Strangers and they are all saying something worthwhile and are at least quite pleasant, at best really fantastic.

Prin had to desert Pryn as a brand, but said he’s going to be able to launch some of those old fragrances in some way with Strangers and Prissana.

Jcelello

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Mar 26, 2019
I have tried several from Strangers and Prissana. Ma Nishtana is the best of the bunch so far IMO. I love it.

thrilledchilled

All Is Beautiful
Basenotes Plus
Nov 17, 2018
I love Nimitr and Apsarah, which is a spectacular floral as huge as you can imagine. Not appealing to some, but to me it is very appealing and also includes authentic woody notes.

Nimitr is like a true 1980s aldehydic fragrance.

These are full bottles I own and value because they are so good.

Diamondflame

Frag Bomber 1st Squadron
Basenotes Plus
Jun 28, 2009
Ma Nishtana and Mandarava are both tremendous Eastern-styled incense fragrances. Nesnas Qareen is enjoysble too with its more familiar Middle Eastern inspiration. I’m still on the fence on Le Cirque Bleu but I think Pryn Lomros does wonders with the more incense-centric fragrances.

What do you all think of the scent evolution and duration in general? A single spray on skin seems to hit the drydown phase rather quickly, within 2-3 hours.

Robin oud

Jan 20, 2019
Ma Nishtana and Mandarava are both tremendous Eastern-styled incense fragrances. Nesnas Qareen is enjoysble too with its more familiar Middle Eastern inspiration. I’m still on the fence on Le Cirque Bleu but I think Pryn Lomros does wonders with the more incense-centric fragrances.

What do you all think of the scent evolution and duration in general? A single spray on skin seems to hit the drydown phase rather quickly, within 2-3 hours.

I was just about to ask you to start a prissana/ strangers thread on your gigantic areej le dore thread, prin makes great stuff

thrilledchilled

All Is Beautiful
Basenotes Plus
Nov 17, 2018
I think his scents tend to be more linear as he doesn't believe in the pyramid idea.

I think they are exceptional through the drydown and including it. That is where for instance a lot of Amouages fail, in my mind, and become uninteresting. His materials are very high quality and the drydown remains quite interesting.

I get great longevity. Projection is okay, not spectacular.

ctboom

Jan 14, 2016
If there's anything out there that's a natural and less sweet Jubilation (men), I'm very interested. I do not mind florals at all provided that they're not too yellow (whites are preferred), but I do like my incense to be moist and shimmering and not ashy. Anything in this line matching up to that crude description?

thrilledchilled

All Is Beautiful
Basenotes Plus
Nov 17, 2018
More like gym hoes ,. There are more new fragrances in both sites now,. Prissana's look very exotic, strangers's look very weird, perhaps too weird

they might, but as I said you can't tell. Prin has used goat hair notes in the past for instance, even though the fragrance didn't stink of goat hair. It's impossible to tell. I have found all his fragrances are exceptional even those I have trouble liking. And actually I love virtually all of them that I have and that I've tried.

Robin oud

Jan 20, 2019
they might, but as I said you can't tell. Prin has used goat hair notes in the past for instance, even though the fragrance didn't stink of goat hair. It's impossible to tell. I have found all his fragrances are exceptional even those I have trouble liking. And actually I love virtually all of them that I have and that I've tried.

Vomit Accord
Mold Accord
Nocturnal Animals Accord
Pus
MUD
Sweat
Champagne
Orris Butter
White Flowers
Rose
those are sombre's notes , doesn't look promising but who knows...

Robin oud

Jan 20, 2019
As far as I know, Lava Rose was never released. Samples have been available for a while though. I tried Cigar Rum Intense only once because the nuclear aroma-chem drydown wasn't pleasant at all.

you are correct , it's going to be released in december.
I think I'll order a sample of it and lumberjack cologne , so fetch seems too girly for my taste and sombre sounds horrible

TNBLUEMIKE

Oct 1, 2013
These newer offerings do sound rather exciting. The Lumberjack Cologne sounds something I need to test. I have a slight smile on my face thinking about Monty Pythons rendition of the Lumberjack song "I'm a Lumberjack and I'm OK I sleep all night and work all day."

Anyway Ma Nishtana is really compelling today after a bout of cooler weather were I live. The incense, spices and smoky nature just hits the spot.

Diamondflame

Frag Bomber 1st Squadron
Basenotes Plus
Jun 28, 2009
Anyway Ma Nishtana is really compelling today after a bout of cooler weather were I live. The incense, spices and smoky nature just hits the spot.

Ma Nishtana is indeed an awesome incense fragrance. I can see why some might place it in their holy grail category. While I detect some Norlimbanol in it, it is far from excessive and nicely counterbalanced by the other notes.

TNBLUEMIKE

Oct 1, 2013
Ma Nishtana is indeed an awesome incense fragrance. I can see why some might place it in their holy grail category. While I detect some Norlimbanol in it, it is far from excessive and nicely counterbalanced by the other notes.

I agree totally not overbearing in any way. Just feel enveloped in spicy incense and so comforting to me when I wear it. I have really took to this and Mandrava from the house. It seems I need more time to enjoy Nesnas Qareen to make a fair assessment on it.

wood&leather

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Apr 27, 2018
Just received order confirmation of my very first samples of Prissana. I went with:

Ma Nishtana
Nesnas Qareen
Le Cirque Bleu

I'm hoping this house treats me better than Hans Hendley's offerings.

Robin oud

Jan 20, 2019
I thought i put that one in and by the time i received the order confirmation a day later i saw it was missing. it's alright, if these three samples deliver even 70% of the enjoyment i've had with Areej and Bortnikoff i'll go back for it.

they are coming out with 4 new fragrances in december , so you'll have a chance then.
once I ordered samples from prissana and strangers on the same day and got them in the same package , turns out it's the same warehouse (he sent me extra samples for the extra 10$ I payed for shipping)

TNBLUEMIKE

Oct 1, 2013
I thought i put that one in and by the time i received the order confirmation a day later i saw it was missing. it's alright, if these three samples deliver even 70% of the enjoyment i've had with Areej and Bortnikoff i'll go back for it.

In my opinion you will really like these scents. Prin Lomros is another artisan that has compositions compelling to wear.

Bangkok Hound

User of Toilet Water
Basenotes Plus
Nov 4, 2015
Some info from Prin Lomros via Instagram (the first sentence refers to Morah)

tZEIB7E.jpg

Latest posts

Latest News