Paco Rabanne PH vs Azzaro PH

• Azzaro PH

Votes: 66 65.3%
  • Paco Rabanne PH

Votes: 35 34.7%

• Total voters

Fadi007

Jun 28, 2011
Battle of the 70's! Beegees VS boney M lol , Paco Rabanne PH vs Azzaro PH!!!
which one is THE best!!!

PS: which one will suit a guy in his 20's more ...

boosh

Mar 1, 2010
Both smell very dated. If you don`t want to smell like Gillette shaving foam, I would pick Azzaro.

I agree, that's not to say they're not great fragrances. Some of the newer breed of fragrances which reference these classics are awesome.

I think Azzaro Pour Homme is a masterpiece.

Fadi007

Jun 28, 2011
i thought it will be a close combat, i see that azzaro is winning this with ease!... anyway will i smell like an OLD guy if i wear azzaro? am 26

jathanas

Dec 6, 2007
Paco Rabanne was a defining release in men's perfumery, and the vintage stuff is mind-altering good. Azzaro followed PR, and is more complex, to my nose.

Both great but I'll always adore Paco.

Sidney_Falco

Jul 21, 2011
For your 20s, definitely Azzaro. Paco Rabanne just is a bit too mature and less versatile than Azzaro, which you can wear in most any situation. I'd be more comfortable wearing Azzaro than Paco by a longshot (I'm 26). Considering though that both can be acquired fairly cheaply, if you're a fan of both no reason why you can't have both in your collection since they're completely different scents

Snafoo

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Dec 5, 2006
Azzaro by a (chest) hair. Both are mature masterpieces.

Azzaro was my SOTD today, and I smelled GOOD.

Sidney_Falco

Jul 21, 2011
Depends on where "here" is. In the US you can purchase a full bottle for ~$25, but in other countries it might be significantly more rare. To this day Azzaro PH is the only fragrance my dad will wear and prior to the internet, he would hoard bottles from whatever store he could find them in and pay a premium price because it was so difficult to find and he could never be sure when he'd be able to find it again. He still has a number of those bottles that are unopened and unused. I don't believe Azzaro PH has ever been reformulated but if so, he has a number of bottles from the mid and late 90s that could be worth something

shamu1

Feb 25, 2009
These two are so close, I wish I could have voted "Equally great".

I give the tiny edge to Paco because it has a green smell that I love, and which Azzaro lacks.

Safetyjon

Jun 14, 2010
Paco Rabanne PH shares many similarities with Azzaro PH. It's just that, IMO, Azzaro is so much better. I would basically describe Paco Rabanne as Azzaro with a greaner opening, while exihibiting a "soapiness" throughout its lifespan, a soapiness that I just don't get from Azzaro. I don't find either to be dated. Paco Rabanne is a good fragrance. However IMO, Azzaro PH is a GREAT fragrance, certainly in my top 5.

dwrestle

Nov 6, 2010
You really NEED to get both, but if you are a huge fan of Brut(as your avatar suggests) you may like Paco a little better. I like Azzaro better myself, and it may be the best mens fragrance ever(not my favorite but its up there). Paco is more bright, green, and soapy than Azzaro. Azzaro is darker, more complex smelling, and I think more versatile than Paco. Also $80 is way to much for a bottle of Azzaro.

Safetyjon

Jun 14, 2010
I agree that $80 is too much to pay for a bottle of Azzaro PH. Not because it's not a great fragrance (because it is), but rather, because you can buy it for MUCH, MUCH cheaper ($20.00 for 1.7 EDT, $30.00 for 3.4 EDT at a number of discount stores - TJ Maxx, Marshalls, Ross, etc.) Why pay $80.00 when you can get it for so much cheaper??

Latest News