Paco Rabanne Pour Homme (1973)

odysseusm

Jan 12, 2007
Yes, I wore this "in the day." And yes, I have fond memories of it and those times. ;)
So, time to revisit this ol' warhorse and see how it rides these days.
Top Notes: Rosemary, Sage, Rosewood, Laurel
Heart Notes: Lavender, Geranium
Base notes: Moss, Honey, Tonka bean, Musk, Amber

odysseusm

Jan 12, 2007
Very much reflective of the mid-70's, yet still a very good scent. My comments are for the original version. PRpH has undergone a reformulation a while ago, and is now (in my opinion) a rather bland fougere. Probably the loss of oak moss is a significant factor.
Aromatic and smooth opening of herbal notes and rich rosewood. Quickly picks up salty moss and a bit of honey which provides a masculine chord. Musk is powerful but not obnoxious, and the amber is restrained. Could be a powerhouse if over-applied, so one spritz does me.
A lovely scent.

odysseusm

Jan 12, 2007
The vintage version is green, aromatic, herbal. The rosemary contributes a mint-like fresh note. Geranium rose adds a nice rounding aspect to the middle. The dry-down is both gentle and substantial. A typical 70's profile -- slightly rich but here, admirably restrained (relative to the time). Very pleasant!

odysseusm

Jan 12, 2007
I finished my sample of PR yesterday. What a beautiful scent! Everything blended together smoothly. A lovely aromatic fougere, one of the first of that kind.

Latest News